It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Post subject: Hitler and Stalin were possessed by the Devil, says Vatican
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Adolf Hitler and Russian leader Stalin were possessed by the Devil, the Vatican's chief exorcist has claimed.

Father Gabriele Amorth who is Pope Benedict XVI's 'caster out of demons' made his comments during an interview with Vatican Radio.

Father Amorth said: "Of course the Devil exists and he can not only possess a single person but also groups and entire populations.

"I am convinced that the Nazis were all possessed. All you have to do is think about what Hitler - and Stalin did. Almost certainly they were possessed by the Devil.

"You can tell by their behaviour and their actions, from the horrors they committed and the atrocities that were committed on their orders. That's why we need to defend society from demons."

According to secret Vatican documents recently released wartime pontiff Pope Pius XII attempted a "long distance" exorcism of Hitler which failed to have any effect.

Father Amorth said: "It's very rare that praying and attempting to carry out an exorcism from distance works.

"Of course you can pray for someone from a distance but in this case it would not have any effect.

"One of the key requirements for an exorcism is to be present in front of the possessed person and that person also has to be consenting and willing.

"Therefore trying to carry out an exorcism on someone who is not present, or consenting and willing would prove very difficult.

"However I have no doubt that Hitler was possessed and so it does not surprise me that Pope Pius XII tried a long distance exorcism."

In the past Father Amorth has also spoken out against the Harry Potter books, claiming that reading the novels of the teen wizard open children's minds to dabbling with the occult and black magic.

Father Amorth, who is president of the International Association of Exorcists, said of the JK Rowling books:"Behind Harry Potter hides the signature of the king of the darkness, the devil."

He said that Rowling's books contain innumerable positive references to magic, "the satanic art" and added the books attempt to make a false distinction between black and white magic, when in fact, the distinction "does not exist, because magic is always a turn to the devil."

Father Amorth is said to have carried out more than 30,000 exorcisms in his career and his favourite film is, according to Italian newspapers The Exorcist.

Source : <a class ="locmenu" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=402602&in_page_id=1770" target="_blank">Daily Mail</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:38 pm 
Elite Investigator

The devil made me do it!

Yeah right!

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:35 pm 
The Ferryman

Hey, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss stuff like this - theres a helluva lot more going on in the world than what we get told.

Ok - you can probably throw the Devil out of the window and talk of 'being possessed by the Devil' as the 'Devil' is just a Christian invention - but I have no doubt that on various planes of existence there are entities that exist, some of which would be probably considered 'evil' by our standards.

I like this quote tho :

Quote:
He said that Rowling's books contain innumerable positive references to magic, "the satanic art" and added the books attempt to make a false distinction between black and white magic, when in fact, the distinction "does not exist, because magic is always a turn to the devil."

Haha .. ANYTHING not in the teachings of Jesus is considered Black Magic or "Satanic" to the devout Christian ... Read your horoscopes in the paper in a morning ? Well, sorry to say it but if you do ...

.... Your a SATANIST!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! BURN!! BURN!! BURN!! :twisted:

I don't know .. really, I don't .. Seriously ... I really really don't .. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:59 pm 
Someone We Know

Whatever you name it or dress it up as, there are forces of good and evil - some stronger than others I suppose - maybe Hitler was just an incredibly evil soul to start with, or maybe he was possessed by a mega-evil force....call it the devil or whatever.

Harry Potter - I suppose the christian church is only trying to do its job but quite honestly, it's the 21st century and the world is made up of a multitude of cultures and to shield children from this and also not allow them to read stories about magic and adventure is tantamount to sensory deprivation - it doesn't mean that they're all going to grow up to be mini Hitlers does it??? :roll: Anyway - what about all those traditional fairy tales, with witches and big bad wolves eh??? It never affected me in any sort of negative way......I'm going nooooooooooowwwwww!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:25 pm 
The Ferryman

OOOOhh .. I'm not going to go down this path .. religion is one of those topics ..It'll just get me started .. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:56 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

come on everybody says that rock music is the work of the devil.lol,but i do wonder what made those men tick.was it the devil ?who knows. :?:

Post subject: WTF!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:40 pm 
Someone We Know

Quote: "You can tell by their behaviour and their actions, from the horrors they committed and the atrocities that were committed on their orders. That's why we need to defend society from demons."

The Vatican is THE biggest company in the world and deffinately the richest.

All the suffering in the world is caused by poverty, homelessness, ill treatement, wars, starvation, etc etc ... and the Catholic Church.

Yet they sit on the arses revelling in their riches.

"Salvation will be given at the gates of our Lord! Praise be to God! Oh! and could you please fill the collection box with your gold? We need to help the meek and the poor!"

THE WORLD NEEDS PROTECTING FROM THE CATHOLICS!

Child abusers and mollesters, murderers, rapists...They are safe in the world of Catholicsism. The Mafia are more saintly than they are.

All the Pope needs to do now is stuff his face with gold lined cotten wool and slur the words "Gods gonna make you an offer you can't refuse!"

Fekin juvenile nut feelers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:51 pm 
Someone We Know

And for the record... I was baptised and raised as a Catholic.

At least I can call them and still get into heaven. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:57 pm 
Someone We Know

I was just thinking (shut it Jay).

There might be some credence in the belief that the Pope(s) are in fact the Antichrist. They said themselves... The Devil can possess a person or population.

Oh well... and here's me thinking it might be Richard and Judy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:59 pm 
Stone Thrower

god religion ---- nowt better to talk about :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 am 
The Ferryman

Nooooooo! Your Doooooommmmed .. DOOMED TO HELL!! :shock:

But again your right - the numbers of people killed and persecuted in the name of the Catholic Church is just huge .. For such a loving 'God' that they promote, he's got a bit of a temper on him when people don't agree with his 'loving message' .. bang! you dead!

And the next time any body hears about a church asking for donations to 'mend the roof' remember what GJ said up there :

Quote:
The Vatican is THE biggest company in the world and deffinately the richest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 am 
The Ferryman

Giggling Jester wrote:
I was just thinking (shut it Jay).

There might be some credence in the belief that the Pope(s) are in fact the Antichrist. They said themselves... The Devil can possess a person or population.

Oh well... and here's me thinking it might be Richard and Judy!

Ooohhh .. your closer than you may think with that statement GJ .. 8) .. About the Pope that is, not R&J .. then again, thinking about it ..... :? .. nah, the Pope ..

There is a lot of 'contradictory' agenda's being played out by the Vatican .. and now that some of them are coming to fruition, they are beginning to become public.

You ever heard of a guy called Peter Hans Kolvenbach? Otherwise known as the 'Black Pope'? He's the head of the Jesuit Order who effectively run the Vatican these days - the German dude who everyone cheers is just a figurehead really. The 'Black Pope' is effectively the most powerful man in the world these days - would advise anybody to look into him and the Jesuits if you want a real understanding of whats going on in the Vatican and, more importantly, the world today ...

Last edited by Jay on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:31 pm 
Elite Investigator

Jay

Do you and GJ want me to book you an hotel room? You are getting on like an house on fire. :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 pm 
The Ferryman

I know - me and GJ have a history of disagreeing about everything - I'm scared - VERY SCARED - that he's come on here and everything that he's saying is scarily close to my thoughts ..

Mind you tho - I wonder if he's changed his views on 'flying cats' .. hey GJ???? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:09 pm 
Someone We Know

I got a few words for you right at this moment jay....and I aint posting them here....

Can you remember when I told you that a cat falling from below a 7 story building will probably die on impact, but above 7 stories or more......will survive. Thus a cat can fall from any height above 7 stories and survive.

Check this link... you'll be surprised about the mouse as well :wink:

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=687883

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:06 pm 
The Ferryman

Hahah .. Slightly off topic, I know but I think you've got your 7 stories back to front .. :P

Quote:
In a study done by some New York city vets (where apparently it is quite common for cats to be defenestrated) it was found that it takes a cat about 7 floors to hit terminal velocity and that a cat can often survive this with nothing worse than a nosebleed.

Which is saying a cat can survive a fall of UPTO 7 stories - beyond that, it's toast because it then reaches terminal velocity as the gravitational pull exceeds it's drag factor.

A mouse can survive a greater fall due to lower terminal velocity - whereas an elephant would splat from a lower height as it would reach it's terminal velocity sooner than a mouse, cat or a man.

UPTO seven floors .. not OVER seven floors ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:13 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh religion dont get me started i wont stop .root of all evil. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:48 am 
Someone We Know

No... it is saying that it takes approximately 7 stories for a cat to reach terminal velocity. You can't go any faster than terminal velocity......so therefore, if a cat has reached that speed at 7 stories or 25 stories......as a rule of thumb, it will survive.

I got a few more links.........I can email them if ya like :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:50 am 
Someone We Know

And yes......I realise terminal velocity is different for things with diffrent mass, shape, and movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 am 
The Ferryman

Haha .. i still think you got your bits and pieces cross somewhere - Will continue on Thursday - Matt will oblige .. :shock: :twisted: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 am 
Someone We Know

Check your email.......I won't be smug for long. I promise :lol: