It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Post subject: Ghosts Of Primitive Man
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:19 am 
Elite Investigator

Certain kinds of ghosts seem to be commonly seen, for example Roman Soldiers, Monks & Nuns, Edwardians/Victorians etc. But there seems to be a lack in some departments, where are the ghosts of primitive man for example? In caves I suppose is the obvious answer but people do explore caves, go pot-holeing etc. do they ever report ghosts here? And they didnt exclusively live in caves. I suppose an argument could be "they aren't fully evolved into humans so no ghost" but there are reported ghosts of cats and dogs, so why not primitive man?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:19 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

:shock: guess so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 am 
Someone We Know

That's wierd, I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. There does seem to be a ghost stereotype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:00 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

:shock: lol
Ive never even thought about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:09 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi Guys

I asked this question a while ago on another paranormal website, and the reply I got from a member who had read a study on the net, was that apparantly a spirit has a life span of about 400 years old.

Last edited by Stargazer on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:00 pm 
The Ferryman

I can kinda of understand the lifespan thing your mentioning SG ..

IF, ghosts are real and spirits can stay on earth after the body dies, then it may take energy for that spirit to remain .. as the years pass, it might get harder and harder for the spirit to maintain a presence here ..

Think of the Sun - we look at it and think it will shine forever, but, eventually the fuel inside will eventually burn out and it will fade away (or blow up in an OMFG explosion!!). Some stars last longer than others dependant on how fast they burn their fuel ..

Maybe Spirits have a limited amount of fuel that they burn - some like to burn it fast (ala a Poltergiest with lots of activity in a short time and then nothing) whereas another burns its slow (the odd tap on a window or a creaky floorboard - maybe an occasional apparition) and therefore lasts longer????

:? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm 
Someone We Know

That's the only explanation that could really validate this theory Jay.

I suppose I try to think of the spirit energy being highly charged when it is 'new' so it could give of a strong beacon. Gradually, like a rechargable battery it fades and loses energy thus not lasting as long. The more it is charged, the weaker the life span and eventually not being able to generate energy at all. The battery still exists however. i suppose when I think of it this way I think Yeah this is possiblly why older spirits are no longer visible, but they are still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:50 pm 
Scaredy Cat

This is a bizarre one, i was of the understanding that when a spirit is "new" it is weak and it takes time for it to learn how to summon and harvest its energy enough to create the paranormal activity we come across i.e rappings noises cold spots etc... so therefore taking Jay's theory about the sun's energy is pretty similar it needs to harvest the energy and uses it either agressivly quick or slowly it will eventually die away but as Sue has said on another post, energy cannot be destoyed so it has to go somewhere.
When it comes to primitive man yes they lived in all sorts of places caves etc... when people live there energy is soaked up like a sponge in to its surroundings i.e our houses. We in this day and age spend i would imagine a lot more time in an enclosed space for longer periods of time compared to the open surroundings of primitive man so maybe we dont hear as much about primitive ghosts because we no longer inhabit the same places as them. What comes to mind is the stonetape theory!