It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:23 am

Post subject: why...
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

why do spirit always show themselves to people who get scared and do not wish to see them... while the people that wish to see them, we never get to see

been contacting spirit since 2006

Post subject: Re: why...
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 am 
Someone We Know

AprilButterfly wrote:
why do spirit always show themselves to people who get scared and do not wish to see them... while the people that wish to see them, we never get to see

You mean to say that Ghosts only show themselves to people who feel afraid? I have always thought that anyone can feel fear. Surely it's part of being human?

If, however, you mean why do people often report 'seeing ghosts' while feeling afraid then perhaps a highly aroused physiological state could lead to halucinations e.g. simple yet severe urinary tract infections can often result in srong halucinations. Heaven knows I think I see something in the corner of my vision when I'm feeling stressed. The stress-response is still argely tailored to running away from a bison during mating season than it is to dealing with the stress of impending deadlines for work. Perhaps we have simply replaced the loved up bison with our own monsters to help deal with our situation.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 am 
The Ferryman

That was my thinking too, although I would argue that 'ghosts' are experienced by a whole host of people and not just those of a nervous disposition. Surely coming from a spiritualist background as you do April, there must be many people in your church who 'see ghosts' who are not the slightest bit afraid?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:09 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yea there are the mediums that can see spirit very easily and point them out with ease saying 'you have a fantastic young lady behind you.' I myself do not see spirit with my own eyes, I see them in my middle eye, ie in my mind. Yea don't get me wrong, I have seen 4 spirits in person with my own eye, but always makes me wounder how nervouse people can say 'I seen spirit and I did not like it.'

been contacting spirit since 2006