It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Post subject: What do we really know about ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am 
The Ferryman

Here's another really good article from the ASSAP guys:
http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles/Ghosts.html

Post subject: Re: What do we really know about ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 pm 
Scaredy Cat

A good topic to discuss, but have any of these guys seen a ghost?

Re. Point 1: There is an excellent article on this website of a world-famous case, based in York, the Harry Martindale case - where he heard the sounds of 20-odd soldiers from a Roman legion, marching through the old Treasurer's House cellar. He heard the trumpeter, the horse, the soldiers sandals as they marched. This sighting, if it can be believed, gave the impression that he heard everything clearly - sound waves were being generated by these ghosts. The ghosts were making the sounds as if they were physically present. The supernatural do appear to have the ability to reach over into the physical environment that surrounds them, this also supports the activities of poltergeists;

Re. Point 2: My experience early this year was of 2 girls that did not look solid, I could see through them, also they appeared to be using surrounding light to illuminate their shapes. Not all sightings depict solid apparitions. And the girls in my case were acting completely oblivious to their surroundings, ie. they were playing as if they were outside in a park and not in a person's home. But one of them did see me and ran away, with her friend following just after. There is a point of contact made sometimes between the supernatural and the person/s observing them. I don't know why this happens, but this also supports the theory that the supernatural can utilise the physical environment that surrounds them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 am 
Someone Very Strange

ahhh the ASSAP ability to describe and ascribe and miss "all that heavenly beauty" spot the quote.

the reason I left ASSAP years ago was the way that it was taking evidence and bending it to fit the view - which was becoming dogmatically pseudo scientific

I don't believe because it doesn't happen in the lab - of course it bloody doesn't it's usually site specific
Mediums don't work in labs of course they bloody don't, they make contact with spirits and are not able to summon at will - apart from that who can become comfortable in the presence of a hostile audience, uncomfortable and told "Perform Now".
All down to hallucinations cop out, all those people being mentally unstable enough not to be able to recognise a hallucination from reality, to which the point needs to be made, give me the evidence that it could be a hallucination in the first place.
but in lab experiments these are produced under high energy fields Ok - find me these high energy fields in the natural environment...thought so not there are they. Unless perhaps in the area of extreme noise and under an electricity sub-generating station

it comes down to one thing I wont believe until I see for myself - ok I can live with that and to a degree applaud the steadfastness

but then be honest about what you see and witness, don't apply the quasi-scientific babble to get out of a hole that you dug earlier by stating categorically it doesn't exist....the one rule I have always applied - BE HONEST

(ps - the you used above is in the general and not aimed at a specific target)

right am buggering off again before I cause any more trouble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 am 
Part-Time Investigator

excellent points Wodenborn well said!