It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Post subject: Clearings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:20 pm 
The Ferryman

I know its predominantly a spiritual thing .. but theres often talk about "Clearings" that take place in peoples houses or in alledged haunted locations .. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

When it's someone's home, I can see the justification in attempting this - as long as we get to investigate first .. ;)

But when it comes to a pub, hotel, castle or whatever - should people be doing clearings? Even if possible - do people even have the right to do it?

Post subject: Re: Clearings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:28 pm 
The Ferryman

Well I'm not sure whether clearings really work or not. I've witnessed people feeling a lot better in a home after it has been cleared, but whether this is due to the actual spirits being got rid of or a placebo effect of the clearing is a matter of debate. Either way, I do feel that private house clearings do have their place in certain cases and have proved effective for whatever reason.

In a pubic 'haunted' place I don't really see the point. I suppose mediums would say that there are trapped souls that need to be rescued, but I've seen no evidence of this.

How many times have we heard that haunted locations (such as the Schooner) have been 'cleared' and yet people still have experiences there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:46 pm 
Elite Investigator

Jay wrote:
But when it comes to a pub, hotel, castle or whatever - should people be doing clearings? Even if possible - do people even have the right to do it?

No. These places should be left alone by ghost clearers. In fact, we should really be encouraging ghosts to be in any location that looks hauntable. If only we could advertise on the other side...maybe it would look like this... :wink:

'Ghosts/spirits wanted - all ages - nationwide - accommodation provided - working with the public - no experience necessary..'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:13 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I know when I was just beginning into spiritualism the partner did say he did see an old man standing at the doorway of our bedroom, he thought it was a burgler at first, but when the partner moved, this apparition did vanish into mid air.... I talked with a good medium of the church and she came round and confirmed there was a spirit in the house that did not want to move on as he was still looking for his wife... the medium did show this spirit back to where he should be taking away our little ghosty lol. the partner still says he was probably just dreaming it up, we shall never know...

leave spirit in the castles where they belong I say, let them continue their hauntings, but if I did ever get a child spirit that is looking for the parents, I am sorry I would be one person that would show the child back to the light to go back to the parents... I cannot leave little children around a place still in search of their parents

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:19 pm 
The Ferryman

AprilButterfly wrote:
I talked with a good medium of the church and she came round and confirmed there was a spirit in the house that did not want to move on as he was still looking for his wife

Why am I not surprised?

AprilButterfly wrote:
the partner still says he was probably just dreaming it up, we shall never know...

Sounds more likely to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 pm 
The Ferryman

I personally think they should be left alone ... I don't think we have any right to move them on - even the ones in peoples homes. I can accept why you "should" move them on in someones house, but I don'd agree with it.

Lets face it - we have no godlike knowledge on the subject and we could be, for all we know, sending them to hell ... Nobody is an expert on the matter .. and secondly, I fail to see how a spirit, who's wandered aimlessly for a 100 years, suddenly has its problems sorted when someone says "go into the light" .. Ta-Dar!! .. as if by magic!

Psychologically, it could help someone who thinks their home is haunted by giving them as sense of control over events .. but beyond that .. I can't see how it can work anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm 
The Ferryman

If there are such things as spirits I don't really see how us mere mortals could move them on. Mind you, if they are in your house I think you've got the right to get rid. If you've got an infestation of rats in your house should the rats have the right to stay? I think not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm 
The Ferryman

But rats are real and they shit on your floor and nibble on your wotsits. Theres no debate.

What if by moving on a "spirit" you're brushing under the carpet a deeper medical issue that the owner of the home is suffering from?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm 
The Ferryman

I agree, that why I said 'If there are such things as spirits'.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 pm 
The Ferryman

To widen up the criteria based on something that Angie said - Why do children get special treatment? And then, a little wider, what happens in a clearing when a recognised "evil" spirit is encountered? Do they get sent to the light or just pushed out of someones home into somewhere else for somebody else to experience the problem? (I honestly don't know the answer to that one!!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm 
Elite Investigator

Jay wrote:
Lets face it - we have no godlike knowledge on the subject and we could be, for all we know, sending them to hell ... Nobody is an expert on the matter .. and secondly, I fail to see how a spirit, who's wandered aimlessly for a 100 years, suddenly has its problems sorted when someone says "go into the light" .. Ta-Dar!! .. as if by magic!

I think it helps 'us' whoever that may be feel better that they have been assisted on their journey, but I agree, how the heck do we know where they are being sent to? And what gives us the right to send them anywhere?

Maybe a better way to approach it would be rather than 'clearing' the spirit, like its a rat infestation, it should be 'healed' and made into a nice spirit like Casper :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:15 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I have priority with children spirit becasue they are children, they dont understand.... if a living child lost their parents in a shop and came over to you, would you just turn your back on them and not want to help???? children don't understand and need help, children grow up in this world always needing adult guidence till they hit the teenage years.

I myself do not believe in heaven or hell, I believe in 2 worlds and that is living and spirit world, I do not believe in demons either

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 pm 
The Ferryman

I don't believe in heaven and hell either, although I will hold my hands up and say I believe in an afterlife of some sort.

But I think that's where the problem arrises for many people (myself included), in that it's just about 'belief'. I've got no idea if there is an spirit world, a heaven or a hell, and as far as I've seen to date nobody else has either. It's just a load of people who rightly or wrongly believe in different things.

So to go back to Mark's point, do we have the right to send trapped souls (if they exist) anywhere?

It's a tricky one to answer but as we've already mentioned, 'clearings' can sometimes help the living (who do exist), so if you ask me, until we know that spirit exists too, we should send them wherever we like as long as someone is getting some benefit. After all, if the spirits were that bothered they should try harder to make it known.