It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Post subject: If Life After Death ..
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:16 pm 
The Ferryman

.. was proved beyond all reasonable doubt - and the "belief" in ghosts become the "norm" and was accepted by all as a given ... how would it change life? Whether yours or society in general?

Post subject: Re: If Life After Death ..
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

in my world jay , nothing much would change :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 pm 
Underworld Minion

would just make it longer hehehehehe!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

and longer and longer,hehehehe

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm 
Underworld Minion

never ending..............unless the aliens came and saved us from the potential of 'living forever' (in some way which I'll think of I'm sure hehe!)

Fuck that then,long live Dawkins and all who sail in her hehehehehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:09 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

good question there claire in your answer,"would you want to live forever" me have to think about that :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm 
Underworld Minion

good point Pam.......

Well I dont wanna die.....but when I do gimme 'nothingness,goneness',like sleep you dont conciously remember dreaming or anything about over all the generic spiritualist shite or the fluffy white cloud 'love' wank thats tosssed about.

Because if there is life after death like its depicted,where your loved ones are there watching,just hanging round some imbecilic person to give some generic fuckin inane message then I will live forever cos fuck that I aint going there hehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:26 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

me either, i dont think anyone really wants to die, even people that belive they do, but why is it that tribes put themselfs into hypnotic states until they belive themselfs dead ,,,well in there eyes they do,and get into euphoric states of mind , where they belive they can fly with birds through the eyes of the birds.alot of humans will try alot of things to experiance death , in all ways :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 pm 
Underworld Minion

altered states.......hmmmm......death as an altered state,but not one we can conciously grasp.....like we cant conciously remember pre birth ie life as a foetus etc......

One things definate,we always permanantly in and out of altered states conciously and unconciously all of the time anyway ...........and the other definate thing is that either you die and thats it your dead and gone,eternally fucked off..............or its that fuckin damn good that we wont want to 'come back',cos no fucker has yet hehehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yes sleep and death, could anyone tell the difference????but belive in the essence the energy left behind, as you no, and if we do leave this why do we, if its so good ???up there or down or really nowhere?????. memories left behind. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm 
Underworld Minion

I think all the 'living' ever have is 'memories'.....for some reason we base our whole life experience on memory interpretation to a large degree........Pam,you are a 'memory' to me at this moment,as your not physically here in front of me............think Jay said it before somewhere,about how does a table exist if we shut our eyes or some such thing............

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

we exsist in our own minds, no one elses we belive what we see, and not elsewhere. we are trapped by memories images that transform in our everyday life, today is a memory and tomorrow will be the same,our exsistance on this earth is like a big dream, a flash of light in a black hole and its all gone, empty shells of nothing :(

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 pm 
Underworld Minion

makes absolute sense to me Pam,agreed!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
think Jay said it before somewhere,about how does a table exist if we shut our eyes or some such thing............

The idea being that nothing we "see" out there in the 3D world exists in the way we perceive it - its just an interpretation of energy signals. Whether thats things or people and they only exist in that form because somebody observes it.

It similar to the Zen question of : Does the tree that falls in the woods with no-one around to hear it, make a sound? Well no, it doesn't, because sound as a particular "thing" doesn't actually exist. Its only our ears picking up vibrations within the air and our brains converting it to a "sound". So if nobody is around to "hear it", then the tree makes no sound because "sound" exists only in the brain (or picked up with a recording device made to work the same).

In respect of the "table" existing or not until it is observed is something thats debated within quantum physics .. Now the "obvious" answer is of course it does. But not necessarilly so - its said everything exists as a Probability Wave. If you've heard of "Schrodinger's Cat" thought experiment then this will help understand it ..

A cat is in a box along with cyanide in a tube and with it an isotope of whatever blocking the tube and holding the cyanide inside. When the isotope decays, the cyanide will release and kill the cat - but the decay rate of the isotope is unknown and so will in effect decay and release the cyanide at a "random" time ...

So at any given point - what is the status of the cat? Is it dead or alive? Nobody knows until the box is opened and the cat is observed. Until that happens the cat is considered both dead and alive. A probability wave exists and it only collapses into one state when observed. The cat, of course, would "know" whether its dead or alive (errmm) - because its in the box going "oh shit" when it observes the cyanide being released .. but those not observing, we don't know.

Now every particle, atom, molecule in existance is said to again only exist as a probability wave and it only collapses into what we "see" when its observed. We look at a "table" and see a table because thats how our brain interprets the energy signals its receiving - but those particular energy signals only exist because they've collapsed into those energy signals when we observed them - so what did they exist as before being observed? Who the fuck knows .. So does the table exist before being observered? Again, who the fuck knows ..

So that Pam exists as a memory to Claire is true to an extent - but shes only a memory as Claire recollects it and until Claire "observes" Pam (whether "sees" her or interacts with her in someways) - Pam only exists as this memory in Claires reality and may indeed not actually exist, like the table, until observed. Sorry Pam!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Everything that exsists, and every person that live`s and breaths are just memories. memories are just a thought pattern not matter.