It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:33 am

Post subject: Re: Fear of the afterlife
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 am 
Underworld Minion

Anth, I have a load of iron filings and a magnet if you want some, not sure how strong a magnet you'll need,these are from top quality iron tho,me mate whos a welder got them and he said blah blah blah bout the iron, which apparently meant it was good stuff hehe!

Hmmmm.....everything effects everything, fascia is very interesting,that 'records and 'stores' information,its fascinating!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 am 
The Ferryman

Bloody hell, this is like that NGI vs Bad Psychics debate all over again, with people offering their views on things and then being made to feel as if they are somehow lacking in intelligence because they are not towing the 'accepted science line'.

EVERYONE'S OPINION is valid and we should be able to talk about these things without a supercilious attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm 
Underworld Minion

fuck me, I only offered Anth some bloody iron filings,I thought that was quite nice of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm 
Elite Investigator

pollen101 wrote:
fuck me, I only offered Anth some bloody iron filings,I thought that was quite nice of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I would say you've pretty much ruined a good thread :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm 
Underworld Minion

I ruin everythread hehehehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 am 
Someone Strange

triplow wrote:

Ignorant? How am I ignorant?

I don't mind people having their say at all Iain. The problem I do have is jumped up little fuckers like you coming on here and thinking they know it all, lash at peoples views - then stand there and not take any criticisms for it. There's a way in which you can get a point across without being a complete "tool" (you won't find the correct meaning for that in any dictionary i am afraid) but I do hope you understand what I mean by it!!

Come on then little Lord Fauntleroy, Keep showing this superior "intelligence" you claim to be gifted with.. When all you've proved to me that you are an arrogant little man!

You've probably been sitting waiting for me to come back on the thread too, why? Because this thread will control your very mind until YOU (yes it's all about YOU) think you have won your point!!

I'm not going to lower myself to the level Triplow sunk to with his vile, ridiculous and rather putrid abuse and I believe the thread has unfortunately run it's length so I expect this to be my final post on this thread.

I have, however, just re-read the entire thread, including the bile quoted above and feel it's deserving of further comment on a coupl eof key points.

1 - Triplow, you are ignorant because you are unable to accept that others do not share your exact views and are unable to acknowledge there may be alternatives. Your lack of any reasoned argument testifying to this. It is ignorant to state something and not be able to substantiate your claim. I will apologise if you read that as my being insulting inferring you were not aware of anything. I don't believe I've even suggested that. Conversely, if you actually read what I have said you will find it contains a lot of questions but does not slam the door on any possibilities. I genuinely would like to know the answers. Provide acceptable proof for STT and as I have said before I will be happy to take it on board. However, you will find that even within the Paranormal community this is not an accepted theory. Proof of that can be found via a simple Google search and reading the paranormal investigation sites - you don't even have to look at the scientific or debunking sites.

Unfortunately there is a reluctance or lack of interest in collecting data in an organised or coordinated way by most of the ghost hunting groups. I know that NGI, especially Claire, have been more active in that direction but it is observable. There is too much infighting and rivalry within the paranormal community and possibly too many vested interests to get the majority to cooperate but I am firmly of the view that evidence of any kind won't be taken seriously by anyone until it is collected and collated in a manor compatible with scientific processes.

Not going back into the argument - I've already agreed that science is not perfect either.

2 - Where have I stated that I know it all? Quotes please. I'll save you some time as there are none. I have stated my opinion which is probably not as opposed to yours as you appear to think but you'll find that all of my comments are tempered with understanding there are few clear black & white demarcations and most are voiced as questions rather than statement. If you wish to criticise my sometimes brash manner, fine, but do have the decency of reading what is said and replying to that rather than what you assume is being said.

3 - Lashing out at others views. Maybe I am, I don't consider myself to be doing so however. I simply don't accept that STT has any credibility. I also don't see much by way of organised data collection and collation. Two perfectly reasonable views. They maybe don't comply with your wish that everyone just accept that and do nothing; I prefer to see if there are ways to improve things.

4 - I'm perfectly happy to take criticism. I'd hardly be posting here if I wasn't, (despite your feeble attempt to stifle that with your last paragraph). Do read what I have said. I've asked questions which are yet to be answered and I've agreed with comments made by Jay. Maybe it is yourself who needs some reflection in that area?

5 - You will find a definition of tool in that context in a good dictionary but I am not going to be drawn by your inability to conduct a reasoned discussion or debate. You do however appear to have something of a complex brewing with regard to intelligence or at least some confusion as to what it is. You'll not find a single suggestion by me that I have superior intelligence, take a look. You will find that I am willing to accept counter-argument without recourse to vulgarity and am prepared to change my view or capitulate if my reasoning is flawed. Yes, I am arrogant, I have never claimed otherwise but you will find I'm no more so than yoursef.

Please be aware that written text in forums is by it's very nature no substitute to a real conversation. Far too easy for nuances to be misinterpreted, mis-read or taken in a very different direction than intended. In person it's possible to pick up on the sly smile and less likely that what is said will be taken as a hardened stance rather than a mild challenge.

I type my thoughts as I go, sometimes I sidetrack or waffle, sometimes I'm too verbose or too curt but I don't apologise for that unless I unintentionally offend someone. Free speech and all that plus the desire to discover how others think and garner answers.

I hope that you will read back through the post; just as I have done. I don't agree with you re STT but that's about the sum of it. If your other views are more in line with those Jay & Claire have voiced you'd probably find that I am not that far off the same.

I've said what I need to on this thread and will not be making another post on it. I believe you are well out of order re your comments but suggest a truce. Christmas and all that, even if in a non-Christian way, if that won't lead to another full on rampage. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Meanwhile.......

The issue with theories is they will remain a theory until proven, at which they become "law"

We are bound by our understanding of physics, but our knowledge of physics is not complete. So although I understand what people are saying that STT cannot be correct, I also say its worth taking a detailed look at.

A correct combination of elemets, of energy etc, we know magentic "tape" can be made, we will all have used it. So now we need to know what else can be done, can imagery be recorded onto stone without sharp tools or ink etc.

When we cast our eyes back over what physics and science have explained some of it is truelly remarkable. But the very fact we are learning new things shows us that science doesnt have ALL the answers.
Would Boyle have discovered his universal gas law if he didnt experiment?
Would einstein have developed (albeit slightly incorrectly allegedly) his theory of relativity if he thought science knew everything?
What is professor stephen Hawkins on about in his "complete history of time"?

P.S Fuck christmas, yer all cunts and if thats the case I shall be eating each and everyone of you :mrgreen:

Now can we stop this bickering, its bordering on verbal bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:31 am 
Elite Investigator

Hangman wrote:
triplow wrote:

Ignorant? How am I ignorant?

I don't mind people having their say at all Iain. The problem I do have is jumped up little fuckers like you coming on here and thinking they know it all, lash at peoples views - then stand there and not take any criticisms for it. There's a way in which you can get a point across without being a complete "tool" (you won't find the correct meaning for that in any dictionary i am afraid) but I do hope you understand what I mean by it!!

Come on then little Lord Fauntleroy, Keep showing this superior "intelligence" you claim to be gifted with.. When all you've proved to me that you are an arrogant little man!

You've probably been sitting waiting for me to come back on the thread too, why? Because this thread will control your very mind until YOU (yes it's all about YOU) think you have won your point!!

I'm not going to lower myself to the level Triplow sunk to with his vile, ridiculous and rather putrid abuse and I believe the thread has unfortunately run it's length so I expect this to be my final post on this thread.

I have, however, just re-read the entire thread, including the bile quoted above and feel it's deserving of further comment on a coupl eof key points.

1 - Triplow, you are ignorant because you are unable to accept that others do not share your exact views and are unable to acknowledge there may be alternatives. Your lack of any reasoned argument testifying to this. It is ignorant to state something and not be able to substantiate your claim. I will apologise if you read that as my being insulting inferring you were not aware of anything. I don't believe I've even suggested that. Conversely, if you actually read what I have said you will find it contains a lot of questions but does not slam the door on any possibilities. I genuinely would like to know the answers. Provide acceptable proof for STT and as I have said before I will be happy to take it on board. However, you will find that even within the Paranormal community this is not an accepted theory. Proof of that can be found via a simple Google search and reading the paranormal investigation sites - you don't even have to look at the scientific or debunking sites.

Unfortunately there is a reluctance or lack of interest in collecting data in an organised or coordinated way by most of the ghost hunting groups. I know that NGI, especially Claire, have been more active in that direction but it is observable. There is too much infighting and rivalry within the paranormal community and possibly too many vested interests to get the majority to cooperate but I am firmly of the view that evidence of any kind won't be taken seriously by anyone until it is collected and collated in a manor compatible with scientific processes.

Not going back into the argument - I've already agreed that science is not perfect either.

2 - Where have I stated that I know it all? Quotes please. I'll save you some time as there are none. I have stated my opinion which is probably not as opposed to yours as you appear to think but you'll find that all of my comments are tempered with understanding there are few clear black & white demarcations and most are voiced as questions rather than statement. If you wish to criticise my sometimes brash manner, fine, but do have the decency of reading what is said and replying to that rather than what you assume is being said.

3 - Lashing out at others views. Maybe I am, I don't consider myself to be doing so however. I simply don't accept that STT has any credibility. I also don't see much by way of organised data collection and collation. Two perfectly reasonable views. They maybe don't comply with your wish that everyone just accept that and do nothing; I prefer to see if there are ways to improve things.

4 - I'm perfectly happy to take criticism. I'd hardly be posting here if I wasn't, (despite your feeble attempt to stifle that with your last paragraph). Do read what I have said. I've asked questions which are yet to be answered and I've agreed with comments made by Jay. Maybe it is yourself who needs some reflection in that area?

5 - You will find a definition of tool in that context in a good dictionary but I am not going to be drawn by your inability to conduct a reasoned discussion or debate. You do however appear to have something of a complex brewing with regard to intelligence or at least some confusion as to what it is. You'll not find a single suggestion by me that I have superior intelligence, take a look. You will find that I am willing to accept counter-argument without recourse to vulgarity and am prepared to change my view or capitulate if my reasoning is flawed. Yes, I am arrogant, I have never claimed otherwise but you will find I'm no more so than yoursef.

Please be aware that written text in forums is by it's very nature no substitute to a real conversation. Far too easy for nuances to be misinterpreted, mis-read or taken in a very different direction than intended. In person it's possible to pick up on the sly smile and less likely that what is said will be taken as a hardened stance rather than a mild challenge.

I type my thoughts as I go, sometimes I sidetrack or waffle, sometimes I'm too verbose or too curt but I don't apologise for that unless I unintentionally offend someone. Free speech and all that plus the desire to discover how others think and garner answers.

I hope that you will read back through the post; just as I have done. I don't agree with you re STT but that's about the sum of it. If your other views are more in line with those Jay & Claire have voiced you'd probably find that I am not that far off the same.

I've said what I need to on this thread and will not be making another post on it. I believe you are well out of order re your comments but suggest a truce. Christmas and all that, even if in a non-Christian way, if that won't lead to another full on rampage. ;)

I'll be honest with you Iain, I said what I did to get a reaction from you. I was rather annoyed with the way you were trying to get your point across, that's why I acted in such a manner. I was simply winding you up!

Seen as you've apologised I will too ... Sorry Iain :D

Oh and for the record I actually agree with a lot you said - just not the way you announced it ;)