It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Post subject: does age/gender of spirits scare you ??
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:05 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

in my time on and off this site,my mind has wondered on many issues surrounding spirit.

one of them i will include here in this post..

i am not talking here on known family members,love link spirits .... i am basing this post on (unknown spirit,visitation,hauntings,re-play spirits etc)

i have noticed that most people are most frightened with male spirits..

im assuming unless told different on replies its because of the "natural" thought of a man being the stronger physically of the two sexes...maybe more dominating and more aggressive ... would love to hear your views on this ??

so why is the "female" spirit seen as less frightening .. maybe for the opposite views as the man .. more careing approach, more affectionate, less threatening etc etc

which brings me to this..
"spirit chidren" ... i know a number of people who have seen, sensed, heard, felt etc spirit children..it is also quite uncommon for spirit children to haunt as to the number of adults..maybe as more adults die as apposed to children..but they dont always cause too much nuisance.and its often heard of homes,locations having a nice feel to them with knowing active spirit children..

most people if asked were quite comfortable with the idea of these little ones being around..didnt feel threatened etc..and were quite willing to allow the children to stay so to speak.....

i can honestly see why ppl share these views..but i still see it as sad in view of the children concerned....

just because the spirits are of children surely shouldnt mean they shouldnt be guided to the light .. and the offer of help to the other side denied as they are non-threatening and are often seen as a comfort.

would love to hear of any other members views on this regarding the age and gender of such spirits having some influence on how you feel about the activity/sightings etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:12 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

in my home we have a male spirit, a female spirit ,and a little girl.the female spirit is very menacing.she does her best to scare every one to death.the male spirit is actually quite friendly.the little girl she likes to play tricks and just generouslybe a little kid.personally im more wary or the female spirit she feels more menacing and angry.any way that is my view and experience. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:31 pm 
The Ferryman

I dunno .. can't say its ever crossed my mind to be honest!!

lol .. to be fair, if something popped into existence right in front of me and moaned in my face with its best hollywood spook special effect, I'd run like hell and the gender wouldn't cross my mind!!!!!!!

But I would guess that if a place was haunted and I had to pick - I think I would prefer a female spirit than a bloke living in my house - but then, people would say that thats obvious in my case!! - but, I think generally, a bloke ghost would have a little bit more 'evil intent' - but thats probably just a stereo-typical thing ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 am 
Elite Investigator

I think it would have to be a male spirit for me. I suppose it is because the male is seen as more agressive than the female in life, so I guess it would be the same in spirit.