It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:12 am

Post subject: do ghosts mourn ??
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:54 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

i hadnt thought of this one until the other day....

a mate asked me this,and said she had heard from somebody who had read this in a book by a medium..

it certainly made me think......

it was written that spirit do not mourn whom they leave behind for the following reasons...

we here on the earth plane mourn loved ones who have passed for very simple universal reasons..we can never touch them again,we can never hold them close again,or smell them,tell them we love them to their face again,comfort them in times of need etc etc
basically thats what we mourn the simple things in life we will miss and never be able to do again..

whereas spirit can interact with us..they can communicate,comfort,touch..so they have nothing to mourn us for.for them not much has changed..

makes you think doesnt it..what are your views on this and do you know which medium wrote it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:45 pm 
The Ferryman

I think if spirits are concious then they should be able to mourn like everyone else.

There is always the possibility that they are just psychic reflections from times gone by in which case they aren't really 'there' in the sense that you and I are and so wouldn't be 'missing' anybody to mourn.

But .. if they are truly concious entities, then i guess it could be a bit of a bummer being stuck here around all your loved ones and not be able to comunicate with them in the way you'd want to - hell, I get frustrated trying to comunicate with people and we're both living!!!

So I can imagine it would be fairly hard to cope if I was unable to say "hello" whenever I wanted let alone anything else with any loved ones left behind (oo-la-la!!! :twisted: )

But .. your right in one way .. to the spirit, nothing much ahas changed - yes, they are dead and unlike the living they left behind, they can still hang around and look upon and listen too and know whats happenning to what they've left .. but I still think there could be difficulties for them ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:09 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

okay then why do spirits revisit places they lived and loved ,whilst on this plain?surely to visit loved ones they have left behind.?is it because they miss people they have left behind? :?: