It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Post subject: Hi new here
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi, new to the site. Can someone tell me where I can get some help and advice please? My house is (I think) haunted and there's lots going on but nothing dangerous. I just want to know what I can do to get some evidence of these things. Thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Hi new here
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:28 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

welcome Venus3k3, if you write your account on the 'true life stories' section am sure someone on here could help.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Venus3k3
Welcome to NGI forums.

Getting evidence is the holy grail of paranormal investigation, but best things are still cameras, video cameras and voice recorders.
Its also best to keep a journal of when you experience "phenomena" noting dates, times, what you were doing when you experienced it.

It all helps build up a picture of whats going. It could be that whatever happens has much more explainable sources.
We can examine any evidence, even in the strictest of confidence, we can review the evidence and discuss a way forward for you.

NGI never charges for its services.

If you wish to discuss further you can always drop us an email at admin@northern-ghost-investigations.com

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am 
The Ferryman

Welcome Venus. NGI will do all it can to help you out. I would be interested in finding out why exactly you think your house is haunted.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 am 
The Ferryman

Just a quick note to say they Venus3k3 is having 'log in' problems with this forum and we are dealing with thing via email at the moment. Hope everyone else is ok.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:13 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

i am logging in fine

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi all, finally got in but using a different account. I sent an email to admin explaining some of the things which are happening here. Apparently a lot of it is stuff you guys have all heard in the past, and has proved inconclusive but there are some things which I can't explain as natural so i'm thinking maybe i'm just pure and simply bonkers lol. Nah seriously, I do believe some of the things are happening as it's not just me who's affected but friends and family who come to visit. We can't all be crazy and we can't all be seeing the same things at the same time unless they're really there yeah? Mass illusions? High EMF causing this? I do know i've had problems with lighting in the house for a while, including one of my light switches 'disconnecting' which was causing my lights to flicker and to give me electric shocks but that has now been fixed, yet the activity still happens. Hoping for some answers and advice on what to do because I can't have this thing interfering with my pregnant daughter and shoving her down the stairs anymore :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi Venus3k3. I would be fascinated to see a timeline of what you, and others, have experienced. If possible could you also include the age, gender and general biographical details of those who have reported similar experiences in your home? How old is your house? What do you know of it's history? (and how did you learn this?) The more details the better really!

I look forward to reading more in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi scubbins :)

I posted a story in the 'true ghost story' section. The timeline is like, years and years. I've always had odd things happening but don't always put them down to paranormal. I do look for the natural cause of things. For example I get the odd tap on the back and realize that's probably just muscle spasms....the odd tug of hair means one or two hairs were caught up in a bobble and loosened up etc. But not all of these things can be explained...

Ages of those experiencing things in the house range from adults to teens. My two sons are aged 22 and 24 now but they've always had odd things happen too. From about the age of 8 my oldest son has been aware of things around him but like me, has never been afraid of it.

I have no idea how old the house is. I don't think it's that old, maybe 70 years or less? It's a two bedroomed council house and I haven't been able to find out anything about its past. But it's not just this house. I've lived in five houses throughout my life and have always had things happen. I used to tell hubby I wanted to move all the time but no matter where I move to, it follows me.

A few of my experiences include having something 'lay' on my back (this happened for the second time, two nights ago) previous to this, it happened about a year ago when me and both my sons had it happen at exactly the same time during the night. But this time I checked with my boys and it was only me. I did originally put that down to sleep paralysis but i'm not so sure now as I heard a heavy breathing in my ear and I was awake by this time.

My daughter in law was shoved in the back while walking down the stairs a couple days ago. This happened two years ago when she was pregnant with my first grandbaby, and she just found out she's pregnant again. She's had her hair pulled, poked in the back, heard voices and whispers....

I've had the odd touch, poke, shove. Nothing major. Nothing throwing me down the stairs or punching me lol. But again, I've put it down to spasms although some of the time its too hard to be just spasms. I've had scratches on my legs, arms and face. Nothing too deep but deep enough to sting. I don't see how I could get scratches on my face during the night without waking...plus the fact I gnaw my fingernails down to the cuticle so I can't be doing it myself.

I've seen shadows, heard voices, seen pictures jump off the walls without the hooks being affected....footsteps and taps on the walls where we have no neighbours. Both my sons have been 'kissed' by someone they thought was me coming into their room during the night. They both saw what they thought was me standing at their window early one morning, the day before my dad died. I've heard growls, snorts, electrical problems....stacks of things happening in the past.

Over the past few weeks i've had something going on with our mobiles. I keep getting missed calls off my daughter in law and she denied it. I thought she was winding me up until one day she was sitting having a cuppa with me and my mobile rang. Hers was on the arm of the settee and she hadn't touched it. But it was her calling me. I answered, the fone was just dead. Nobody there. When I hung up, it read '18 missed calls' from her number and she hadn't made any of them. Just a couple days ago my mobile went dead while I was talking to her. She rang me back in a panic saying she thought I was having a panic attack because she could hear me wheezing and breathing heavily on the line. It wasn't me. I'd been cut off by then...

I know a lot of these things can probably be explained scientifically but I don't think all of it can. I once lay awake all night because my wardrobe door burst open. I thought someone had gotten into my house and was hiding inside....I freaked out and wouldn't sleep that night. It only happened once but I got rid of that wardrobe soon after. I've had the baby's toys go off in her room without anyone in there. We even heard a toy we don't have. We searched through her toybox for something that would explain the 'voice' it was using but couldn't find anything. Like I say, things have gone on for years so i'd be here all day posting things.

I do believe there's something here. Whether it's malicious or not I don't know. I often think it's a portal where good AND bad things are getting through because (I don't know how to say this without sounding crackers) I can sometimes tell if it's going to be nasty via my feelings. I get a little scared at the 'darker' things but i've never been terrified of it. And I think other things are getting through which are dragging the darker things back or at least blocking them from causing harm. See how mad I am lol :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm 
The Ferryman

You don't sound mad at all Venus and I'm sure you are experiencing what you say you are, but you have to watch out that your 'belief' in something doesn't start to become fact.

Talk of 'Portals' and 'Dark Things' being prevented from causing harm by other 'Things' is a way of interpreting what is going on, but it is in no way necessarily the truth of the matter.

Far too many people in this field would gladly reinforce this belief too without a shred of proof that this is the cause. This is where the danger arrises and it helps solve nothing.

If you want to get to the bottom of the matter it's best to stick to the facts as best you can.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:01 pm 
Elite Investigator

I would agree with Dok, and add that there are many theories around for all things paranormal, but if they were all to become fact with no real evidence we would be very confused I think..! :lol:

That doesn't stop them being fascinating and also what drives many of our interests in and around this field, but I do truly believe that the facts help to clarify things, and can often help to calm things down a little before our imaginations go colourfully all over the place. That applies to me as well as anyone else!

I'm not saying any of our experiences are not real, because they are, but its when we start attributing theories to them as likely fact I think it can get confusing. A few of my own experiences remain unexplained and many can be attributed to logical explanations.

We are mostly all here because of our own experiences, so we never want to denigrate or undermine someone having an experience. We simply want to let the facts dictate the path I suppose. :)

Its really interesting to read your experiences Venus, and welcome to the forum btw! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm 
Someone We Know

Sorry, I don't get it. If I don't 'believe' i'm seeing these things, isn't that like denying it's happening? Kind of like telling myself it's all in the imagination? Not real? Or am I on the wrong track?

Yeah the talk of darker 'things' was just my way of interpreting what I was thinking was happening. I have no proof of that. No evidence. It just seems that way when the events take place. You know, like when you get the hairs up on the back of the neck, you don't know for a fact something is there.

I'm no expert in the paranormal. I'm just me. With an interest in personal experiences. I haven't done any research or investigations so please forgive me if I get stuff wrong. I just want to understand what's going on, or if anything's really going on :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm 
The Ferryman

I would say that you are right to believe what you are seeing and to find it very strange, it's just attributing things to dark entities coming through portals could cause you more anguish than enough, especially if it turns out there is another explanation. It's very easy for me to say though I know.

I don't think you're getting stuff wrong and your opinions are just as valid as ours. Don't let anyone tell you they are 'experts' on the paranormal and hold all the answers because they'd be lying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Venus and welcome to NGI forum. I do not say anyone out there is crazy to believe in things out there, would never call anyone crazy. It is interesting to read up on what has been happening around you over the years and would love to know if there is any way you could try and get some evidence on video camera or something. I don't want to sound as though I am not believing in what you are saying, just the more evidence the better for a team to scan through and to see if the team could come up with any reasonable explinations of what is happening.

Very nice to see new people join the forum and sure hope you get some answers soon :)

love and light

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi April :) Yeah I don't really expect anyone to believe what i'm saying as I can't exactly prove it yeah? I don't have high tech equipment like paranormal teams do. That was one of the reasons I wanted a team to check it all out a few years ago but in the meantime, I'd bought myself a little DVR and a couple cam corders. I have caught stuff on both, but to a skeptic, they would just pull it apart and call me daft for assuming everything I get is paranormal.

I have caught quite a few voices on the DVR. One of them said 'I've been drinking for fifteen years' and on others there's noises and breathing, whispers, whistles etc. But that doesn't prove anything. Anyone can say I said those things (even though i've had witnesses with me when it's happened) but again, skeptics could say they were in on it, kwim?

So how would I actually go about getting 'proof' of it? I have a few audio files on the pc which i've kept but wouldn't know how to upload here. And like I say, I can't prove I didn't (or anyone else didn't) say those things themselves...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 am 
The Ferryman

We do believe what you are saying Venus, it's just we can't really give an honest opinion abut what we think the cause is without looking at some 'evidence'.

As far a high tech equipment for looking into the paranormal goes, I've got to say that most of it is pretty useless no matter what people say. If you can manage to get a University department in then they may have some useful kit, but any paranormal team are bound to just have the usual low end stuff which is really neither use nor ornament. Camcorders, and DVR are probably the best bit of kit you can get for recording things and you seem to have done that already.

I think what a good team can add to an investigation is an objective view on what is happening, and they should also have a good knowledge of past 'paranormal' cases, watt caused them and how they were resolved etc.

Getting actual solid 'proof' is like to holly grail to paranormal investigators and I wish I could tell you the easy answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Venus, I found a nice reasonable website which you can record onto and send a link over to anyone, even share it on facebook etc like I have done myself... very easy site to use http://vocaroo.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:48 am 
Someone We Know

Thanks everyone. It doesn't look like i'm ever going to get any real evidence of anything happening as by the time i see or hear anything, get the DVR or cam out, its stopped. I don't believe anyone's going to believe in EVPs I catch and to be honest, if I heard some of the stuff i've caught (off anyone else) i'd think they were doing it themselves.

I don't want a bunch of people coming to the house and laughing at me, or calling me crackers cos I see and hear these things. I've had that done in the past and felt like everyone was just humouring me by saying they'd found stuff on their equipment....but not showing me any results. Plus, if i did get anyone out, chances are nothing would happen. And i'd be left feeling like i wasted their time.

There's always skeptics out there who try to debunk without even seeing stuff, or they'll try to put a rational explanation on something you know you saw or heard. But how can they explain three or more people seeing and hearing these things at the same time? I'm really starting to believe there's no real believers out there. And from what Mark's told me, most of what i've had happen, turns out to be not paranormal anyway. I just wish I could capture this stuff clearly and prove to myself i'm not imagining it. I don't want attention. I just want answers as to what am experiencing...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 am 
The Ferryman

That's the big problem, Venus ...

Quote:
I just wish I could capture this stuff clearly and prove to myself i'm not imagining it.

That's exactly what we're all after. My Big Paranormal Experiences - not a camera in sight. I know they happened. I know they weren't in my head. Some were witnessed by others. I don't know what they were and won't automatically say "Ghosts". But because most were only my experiences then it means nothing except to me.

It's not really about whether they're are believers out there or not. There's plenty. However, most of them fall into the category of believers who believe without question and that's not really the believer you want on your side.

What you really want is the "believer" who will believe YOU. Someone who isn't going to judge. Someone who doesn't think your full of it and who would unbiasedly take what you say and have a proper look at it without judgement. But also a "believer" who'll offer another explanation other than "ghosts" if there is another explanation.

They do exist. Rare as a Mad Badger. But they do exist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Venus, everything we would do to capture evidence you can do yourself. We dont use high tech equipment for several reasons....mainly because theres not a shred of evidence that spending thousands on IR cameras etc produces any evidence and the fact is there is simply no ghost hunting equipment. We bring our selves, a camera and a voice recorder usually.

We cant say what is happening in your home because we have seen any evidence and havent carried out any kind of research there.
What I can tell you is that only spiritual investigators will talk of portals to hell etc. Again theres not a shred of evidence that these things exist. That doesnt mean you dont have something going on in your house, the question is: Is it paranormal? If so who or what is it?

Its highly likely that from a single investigation we would capture nothing of importance, thats where you come in. You are in the house all the time. Set up a video camera when you go to bed or whenever the activity seems to mostly occur, see what it captures......you wont know if you dont try.

Also, dont get disheartened if we dont hear or see the same things as you do when you send evidence. Its our job to look at things and decide whats the most plausible explanation. Its not us saying we dont beleive you, its us saying the evidence points to X rather than Z.
EVP evidence is best reviewed without telling us what you think it says......that way we wont have any pre conceived ideas of what to listen for, we may even pick up something you didnt hear.

Also, as a last resort, IF you decided you wanted us to investigate your home, we can do it with probably 2 or 3 investigators. We ALWAYS produce a full report including any evidence thats captured we also explain exactly what we are doing and try and debunk everything.
We recently worked a case up in South Shields with a family and the end result was fantastic for all concerned, for privacy reasons we cannot discuss it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am 
The Ferryman

Venus3k3 wrote:
And from what Mark's told me, most of what i've had happen, turns out to be not paranormal anyway.

Not necessarily, I was just trying to point out how often people jump to a paranormal conclusion when it's not the real cause. I've done it myself loads of times, but then again I've also had my own experiences that have convinced me of the reality of the paranormal.

Not that I've got any evidence for my experiences either. It's a very frustrating field to be interested in.

There's a lot of good points made in the above posts, and I hope you keep us informed of any further developments.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

just ashame that these things happen while you are not expecting it to, and they always seem to happen when you have nothing to hand to try and capture it, I myself have had many experiences, most of these things I have not got on record myself and I know how hard it is to get people to believe what you experienced as you only have your word for it which can be frustrating at times, but don't let these comments get you down, we are still here to help as much as we can, if we can. You are certaintly not daft or crazy :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm 
Someone We Know

Thanks guys, I was getting to feel as though everyone wasn't believing what I was saying. Quite natural I guess because as you say, you haven't anything to go by, just my word.

Anth by saying the results were quite fantastic, does that mean you found unexplainable things in the house in South Shields? That's where I live. Still. Its the same house I had the team come out to years ago.

I would like to find out what's happening with a team who knows what they're looking at. I know you all say there's no 'experts' in the paranormal but you lot know a far sight more than I do. You study it. I just experience it. I realize my experiences aren't fantastic spooky ghosts coming out with chains on and shouting 'boo!' at me, but it's stuff I can't understand. I think either part of my brain is working overtime or it's happening to me because i'm stressed, run down, etc etc

Quick question I hope you can answer. Is there any evidence to suggest people with anxiety disorders are more prone to seeing and hearing these things? I suffer severe anxiety from time to time and I often wonder if my mind is just creating these things? That said, i've had people here when these things have happened and I haven't said a word to them, they've told me after i've seen or heard something, or while i'm seeing/hearing it. That makes me believe it's really happening.

I've heard the mind can actually 'create' a ghost. I often wonder if i'm doing that.

I told you all about an experience I felt not long ago where I was on the mobile to my daughter in law when I heard what I thought was my husband running into the room to try frightening me. I saw from the corner of my eye, very briefly, a white t-shirt and skin coloured head....but it was gone too fast to react. I did get a fright but was able to calm down. And my daughter in law heard it on the phone. She asked what had just happened.

Two nights ago I was drifting off to sleep when I opened my eyes slightly to see what I thought was the same figure climbing down from my windowsill :/ Strange yes. Why would it be up there? But I saw it through squinting eyes. I've had this happen a couple times recently but i'm not sure if it's just my eyes in the darkness. The last time it happened before the other night, it was actually leaning over me while I was starting to go to sleep. I got a fright and jumped up. As my eyes became accustomed to the dark, it faded and went. The night after this was when I felt the pressure on my back as though something was lying on me. I connected the two, thinking it was the figure i'd seen the previous night.

Is there any 'rational' explanation for these things? Can it just be a tired mind?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am 
Part-Time Investigator

there is a few possibilities, either its real there is something going on and since you have had pressure on your back as though something was lying you.

check this out viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6720 it is kind of similar

The other is that you are indeed imagining this all, you see there is no proof for both arguments really.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi Venus. No we found no evidence of anything paranormal. But the results we did find VERY high EMF in the places that things allegedly happened, was enough to put the families mind at ease. There were other issues of which have to remain confidential. However nothing was paranormal and nothing seems to have been happening recently.

As for anxiety disorders.....I suffer from Health anxiety and take medication for it also going through a CBT to help em deal with it.
I've not had any visual hallucinations but I know from panic attacks just how ill and real the effects of anxiety can feel. I get racing heartbeats, tightening of the chest, chest pain, muscle twitches, profuse sweating and restlesness.
I do know that anxiety can make you focus on things you wouldnt normally focus on, so I wouldnt be surprised if thinking you had paranormal occurences, that you would focus on this and they would in essence become more evident.

Anxiety creates the fight or flight response so its possible that the pressure could have been your muscles getting ready to fight or run. Not saying this IS the case, but its more likely an explanation than having a ghost in your house....if you see what I mean?