It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi

I've always had a fascination with the paranormal but this is the first time I've done anything about it. Would love to take part in a serious investigation but it's not easy for first timers. Looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Rhonda
Newcastle upon Tyne

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:19 pm 
The Ferryman

Welcome to the forum Rhonda, you've come to the right place. I'm sure more of the team will be along in a while to say 'hi'.

Serious investigations are indeed tricky to get into. There are tons of companies/grops offering 'ghost hunts' out there but they are not really the same thing.

The best way to get involved is to stick around on a forum like this, start discussing the paranormal and see what happens. It's what I did and I've been a part of NGI for almost 5 years now for my sins.

I look forward to reading your posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Rhonda, welcome on board, I sure hope you can join in on some of the topics. It is a good hobby and interest the paranormal side of things. Would love to know if you have experienced anything in your life to do with paranormal activities.

I started at a young age of around 8 - 10 when I seen a ghost at scarborough grand hotel. I have always had an intrest from that night, but knew my grandparents wouldn't be to happy with my interest. When I left home and moved in with the partner I went the spiritual side of things and started up with spiritualism. Over the years I have been there I have become a fully fledged spiritual healer and also fledged as a medium in November 2010. I do not class myself as a full medium as of yet as you need to fledge for 2 years.

I sure hope the team can help you out with what questions you may have, and we will answer you when we can :) I sure hope you stick around :D

Good to see ya

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rhonda,

I was a constant visitor to these boards and out of the blue I was asked to help out. one thing lead to another and I made my excuses and left......er no thats not right. I joined :)

We are all friendly and open, we offer explanations and constructive criticism. Dont ever be afraid to offer your thoughts here, even if some of us were to disagree we wouldnt jump down your throat.

I myself am pretty sceptical, I want to beleive and I have experienced some strange things in my time, but I just cant find that elusive experience that will make me think theres something in this.
I'm a tech head, love my gadgets and I love ghost hunting....even if it is only to see the sides of places you normally dont get to see.

We have done a lot of investigations throughout the North east and I am sure there will be something along soon you can attend, if its a public ghost hunt, dont forget to come and introduce yourself!!!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:16 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

as I said above, I am into spiritualism, my first ghost hunt was around 2007 when the partner bought me tickets to go on a york ghost hunt with Richard Felix. The year after I seen Richard again at Preston Hall Museum (this is the first time of bumping into NGI.) After that I was invited to Butterwick ghost hunts, with NGI. Chillingham Castle I was asked to help NGI (as I was in awareness classes and open to spirit) I gladley went along, then got asked to help out again which I did. Now I am one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:22 pm 
The Ferryman

Yeah, NGI are made up of a mixture of people who look at things sceptically (like me) and those of a more spiritual persuasion. This leads to a lot of healthy debates and differences of opinion but ultimately makes us a more vibrant team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

least we don't go in a sulk if there is a desagreement about what something is ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
The Ferryman

Not any more. We've had our fair share of 'sulkers' in years gone by, but debate and questioning things is what it is all about, as long as there is mutual respect then it's all good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

all activity must be questioned I guess ;) wouldn't be genuine if no questions as to what else it may be that brought on the activity