It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:05 am

Post subject: Re: Battlefields
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 pm 
Someone Strange

the investigator on the mine museum told me about a battlefield they investigated and said that you could catualy see soldiers in battle sounds really epic. i think it was that york one but can't be sure its meant to be on a certain night of the year. i might email them and ask i'd definetly give that ago or any battlefeild for that matter. a sieged place would be better though i would think. imagine the energy. the battle feilds must have been horrific

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm 
Someone Strange

the investigator on the mine museum told me about a battlefield they investigated and said that you could catualy see soldiers in battle sounds really epic. i think it was that york one but can't be sure its meant to be on a certain night of the year. i might email them and ask i'd definetly give that ago or any battlefeild for that matter. a sieged place would be better though i would think. imagine the energy. the battle feilds must have been horrific

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:53 pm 
Someone Strange

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm 
Elite Investigator

yeah i think you couldn't get close to imagining what it would have been like - horrific scenes indeed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:44 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yeah agree triplow . but war what can you say ,,, neverending till this day :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:48 pm 
Underworld Minion

Wayne, you know your battle fields and are up for this....how bout coming out to play one summers night on one?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 pm 
Someone Strange

It is an interesting area to look into. Has anyone correlated the number of reported experiences with the knowledge that a battle took place at any particular location?

My immediate thought would be that there is a sociological link between 'known' sites and experiences. Otherwise the shoppers in the Castlegate Centre would be reporting strange things and the CCTV cameras would be recording more than shoplifters.

The anticipation/expectation and general "feel" of being on such a site may induce those of a more sensitive nature to experience something. Would make a very interesting experiment; especially if the mediums amongst you picked up on otherwise unknown information about a site you were taken to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:00 am 
Underworld Minion

I'd guess thats pretty much common sense and logical but be interesting to test out like you say Hangman.
I'm not aware that anyones correlated what you've said, not too sure of how 'accurate' doing that would be but it would definately be interesting!

Your bottom paragraph reminds me of the time NGI went walkies onto the wilds of the Eston Hills, nowt to do with battlefields but the same thing none the less!
Neither Pam or Bekki had any idea of where they were going that night, both are not local to the area and neither of them knew beforehand where they were going, all they knew was they were meeting in Thornaby and then being driven to the location. As I have specifcally mentioned other areas around here to them in the past Pam I know for definate thought we were going somewhere else based on that.
Anyway, we went up there and they said what they picked up and this was recorded.
I passed this on to a bloke who's researched the area and made a film about it, he knew I'd mentioned getting mediums up there and was interested in what they came up with.
Turns out that they both accurately picked up several bits of information which werent especially obvious, one thing in particular was a specific feature of the mines and not common to other mines. The bloke who made the film, who goes along with Richard Dawkins' approach pretty much (as he says anyway!) pointed this out and was pretty impressed with it, explaining the unusualness of this specific thing to the place.

Not an experiment not a test not anything....just what we try as much as possible to do with all locations. This was great because the information was able to be verified when often there might not be the records or information available. If the bloke hadnt made the film then a lot of that specific history, especially the interviews with the miners/famillies who lived up there before they died would have been lost so it was all good stuff!

Interestingly enough often in my experience mediums get more 'misses' than 'hits' yet its the 'hits' that are usually focused on. Both Pam and Bekki didnt get masses of things about the place but most of what they did get was accurate and verified.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:23 am 
The Ferryman

It was an interesting night for a number of reasons I agree. Mediums get so many misses compared to hits, but they still do occasionally get hits, and good hits at that.

People who think it all a load of waffle often comment that people only 'remember the hits' (which is true in a lot of cases), but I think when mediums do get an impressive 'hit' then those people are as guilty of 'conveniently forgetting the hits' as the believer is for 'remembering them'.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:27 pm 
Someone Strange

Agreed. A 'hit', especially if straight out form apparently nowhere is just as significant and the sort of thing i would want to know why or where that thought came from.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:45 am 
A Stiff

Open to interpretation one persons hit will always be another persons miss regardless of the accuracy of the message conveyed.And how do you know the so called misses are not hits that you don't fully understand the significance of and vice versa. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:49 am 
Site Admin

The reports of seeing soldiers around Marston moor goes back to shortly after the battle. If I remember correctly, its Christmas eve that the battle is re-enacted with people at the time it occured seeing many friends who fell in the battle.

seems too good to be true though, but I guess if you follow the time slip theories its possible to see the battle as it happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:12 am 
A Stiff

On 2nd July, 1644, the Royalist Army of King Charles I were defeated by the Parliamentarian and allied Scots forces at the bloodiest battle of the English Civil War.

On Sunday, 30th August and Monday, 31st August 2009 the Sealed Knot will be re-enacting this momentous battle at York Racecourse in the biggest re-enactment event York has seen.

York will become a city under siege this summer, as it is propelled 365 years in to the past as part of the first York English Civil War Festival - culminating in the biggest re-enactment event of its kind in the country this year.

Parliamentarians, Scots and Royalists will again do battle on August Bank Holiday as the largest re-enactment group in Europe, The Sealed Knot Society, stages the battles on York Racecourse. Thousands of re-enactors portraying pikemen, musketeers, artillerists and cavalry will take to the field as Sir Thomas Glemham's Regiment of Foote, supported by Prince Palatine's Tertio, brings the Battle of Marston Moor to earth-shattering life on August 30th and 31st.

York sees its fair share of re-enactors every year, but this will be the BIGGEST re-enactment in the city, in Yorkshire, and in England this year. English Civil War enthusiasts will descend on York for a packed week of events, battles and displays - and also see the launch of a new beer, York Siege Ale, thanks to Rooster's Brewery.

The Society may remember soldiers of the past, but those of the present will not be forgotten – a percentage of the event’s profits will be donated to the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal.

Contact Details
Email:

*copy paste from the facebook group"

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:21 pm 
Elite Investigator

sounds good, will they be chopping off heads and dragging people with horses? :lol:

sorry i couldn't resist! :P