It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 am

Post subject: Paranormal Results
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:53 am 
The Ferryman

Reading accounts (when you can find them) of paranormal teams investigations at certain locations they seem to differ greatly. Some reports are full of 'paranormal happenings' while others report 'nothing' at the same location.

Ok, so the paranormal isn't consistent, but what amazes me is that the teams that seem to have tons of activity at one place seem to have it at all the others too, and the teams that rarely experience anything, rarely experience anything at other locations too.

I think there a quite a few reasons for this, but before I reveal them I was wondering what everyone else's thoughts were on the topic?

Post subject: Re: Paranormal Results
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am 
The Ferryman

The difference between groups within an individual team at a location differs the same also - I've noted that with with NGI too. The same people experiencing things regularly, the same people not.

Theres a couple of ways to explain it in my eyes .. one a scientific way, one a paranormal way

Science way .. expectation .. if somebody is of the view that "Ghosts" exist then when they enter a location they already believe that the potential for something to happen is there. They are therefore interpretating events from this expectation ... sorry! .. cherry picking evidence and information .. to re-affirm the view that ghosts exist - or at the very least, being very generous in their interpretation.

The oppositie of this is true also - if somebody goes into a situation where "everything" can be explained - they'll explain it away - once again that old Cherry tree.

Simply its Murphys Law of Reasoning at work : If you look for something long and hard enough, you'll eventually find it.

Paranormal way .. I've found that those who are more likely to believe are the ones who tend to experience paranormal activity more than those who reject it.

Now, either their mind is more open to things - not only ideas / possibility but also "Open" in that paranormal / spiritual / ghostly sense ... the idea being that instead of they'll .. "believe it when they see it" .. they have it the other way round of .. "I'll only see it if I believe it" .. and are therefore more "aware" of whats going on around them ....

Alternatively, it could be that something ghostly could also manifest itself in someways to those who are more "Open" to the idea. If 8 people are in a house .. 4 believers in one room .. 4 non-believers in another .. and you were a ghost ... which group would you go and "speak" to?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 am 
The Ferryman

Jay wrote:
The difference between groups within an individual team at a location differs the same also - I've noted that with with NGI too. The same people experiencing things regularly, the same people not.

That's a good point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:27 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I would go toboth in a way, non believers to try and get them to know there is something out there, but I would try and prove it by setting of their meters or other equipment they ask me to work (thats if I was a ghost and wanted to be noticed.) I know it uses plenty of energy.

I know what you mean about some groups get stacks of paranormal activity in every location they go on and some seem to get nothing. On a hunt no one can guarentee anything will happen that night, but I know the team are wanting it too. Maybe the teams that get stacks of energy try different things and different equipment on their hunts then the teams that don't. All teams should remain positive that something will happen if spirit wish it too. If there is a load of negativity, it is obvious that spirit don't wish to waste their time and energy..

I mean if you where spirit and you had one team of complete negative energy where a team just 'carn't be bothered' then you get the team sending out positive energy 'come on, please talk with us, we would love you to show us a sign you are there, we are interested in you' which team would you give the activity too.

Everyone works in different ways I guess, and I don't like to say this (and never have witnessed it yet) but I guess there are teams that DO make things happen like Most haunted as I have heard before 'who would watch a show if nothing happens.'

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm 
The Ferryman

I agree that keeping things positive and trying out new ways the investigate is very important. But it is still essential for people not to get too carried away with interpreting the slightest event as paranormal. I think that this is why some groups get more activity than other. The weight they put on the evidence collected varies greatly.

I've been on investigations when people have thought that the night was really active and I had felt that nothing remotely paranormal had occurred. I'm not saying that I'm right and they're wrong, only that our viewpoints differ considerably. I've also been on an invos where I've witnessed so called activity being 'assisted' by certain parties, whether they realised it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

What I enjoying, and Carmen does it too..

When the team say their going to talk about the history of the place, I leave the room, I do not want to know what the history is, I want to see what I get and give the proof that spirit are trying to communicate with us by giving us knowledge with the facts that the 95% of the people will know, and spirit impressing these 95% by telling/communicating with the other 5% and telling them some facts that match up with the history talk.

An example I have is at the Well Inn the other week. The team gave out the history talk, I was outside and within that night I picked up on a trickster who liked to play pranks for fun (now I couldn't get the word out of my mouth) and they confirmed it with 'a jester was talked about in the history at the beginning.' Next one was room 7 where I felt upon someone being sufficated in the middle of the night, I felt the feeling from both the man spirit who wanted to sufficate and had the horrid suffication feeling from the victim, but I knew the victim still lived..... when I spoke about it at the end that was also confirmed with 'there was a man being who brought the duvet cover up to sufficate a lady in bed, she ran out the door and wouldn't return'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I for one do look at explinations, I might look at a curtain and say 'ahh look at the curtain it's moving' but then I will go over and see if there is a window open or any other explination and feel around for draft and make it clear 'ahh there is a draft there.'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm 
The Ferryman

That's a good attitude to take. NGI have got a 'medium free zone' in out secret NGI chat forum to prevent as much location information leaking to them as possible.

However this will never prove to be conclusive evidence for other people as most history information is freely available whether a medium hears a history talk or not, but at least it can prove to yourself that you are picking up information that you haven't previously known.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Tell you one thing, it impresses me when someone or it gets mentioned by others 'that was in the history talk at the beginning'