It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Post subject: Chillingham Castle
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:20 pm 
Stone Thrower

Would like to do this,, but would'nt really wanna pay the amount they charge!!
Think it worked about about 70 each .........................but ofcourse if ppl wanted to go I would too lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:58 pm 
Elite Investigator

Well I dont mind paying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:32 pm 
Stone Thrower

lol....well yeah i can see your point but we could go to chill castle and get nothing, not a thing did you think of that??? I know its unlikly but just dont build ya hopes up......the way I see it is evrey castle will be haunted, due to it having so much history..............so weather its Hylton or Newcastle or Chillingham...... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:34 pm 
Elite Investigator

Your right, it is a big risk for that price. I bet it gets investigated nearly every night, so the ghosts probably wont play ball lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:43 pm 
Stone Thrower

yeah maybe ur right!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:57 am 
Scaredy Cat

I would suggest not going there...its in middle of no where and you get kicked out at 3 in the morning lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:50 am 
Stone Thrower

lol Yeah I've been before as a day visitor.....................would like to do it but dont wanna pay that much! They did say it was only so many hours you have the castle for so yeah you would kinda get kicked out in the early hours lol

Have you done an investigation there before Jon? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:06 am 
Scaredy Cat

We had it booked for halloween last year for our charity gig....

But they cancelled the week before, and i still havent recieved the money back :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:05 pm 
Stone Thrower

you gotta be kidding!!! thats stupid!!!!! god I'd be griefing them for it!!! would of been great for halloween too!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:05 pm 
A Stiff

Why not book it as hotel accommodation and stay the night, don't say you're ghost hunting. Then act like tourists until everyone goes to bed. Most rooms have at least 4 beds! A couple of friends from work stayed in the grey room, took their equipment and got orbs and a mist if that is worth spending

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:37 pm 
Professional Investigator

Ive always wanted to go to Chillingham god knows why..lol
But i remember last year we were looking into prices and even prices to stay in the apartments and i think it was cheaper renting a a few rooms for a night then paying

The Mind is a Powerful tool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:19 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i've had a walk round the place as a "tourist" with sue.

i think you are right andrea it is cheaper to rent a room.

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject: Re: Chillingham Castle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:16 pm 
A Stiff

Not anymore its not!!

Ive been three times now and Sir Humph has just put the prices up!

Ive stayed in the Courtyard apartment and The Grey apartment and the Lookout. OUt of the three the Courtyard was the best.

The Grey which is suposed to be one of the most haunted rooms wasnt at all! In fact it was one of the most peaceful weeks ive spent anywhere!

To be honest if you talk to the guides who are around the castle during the day, they dont seem to be that interested in the "ghosts" and even sir humphrey when we talked to him said " oh you havent come to see the ghosts have you, you need to go and see the bluebells, theres much more going on there than in the castle"

Heres a link to the prices!

http://www.chillingham-castle.com/accom ... prices.htm

I think alot of it is hype because as he says in his booklet about how hes rebuilt the castle, no one gave us a penny until we started talking about ghosts and now we get people from all over coming!

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 pm 
Someone We Know

my group did a charity investigation back in april 2005.we did the friday and saturday night with the anthony nolan trust and had 80 guests on each night.we started the investigations at 10 pm and finished at 5 am the following morning.as we were there getting things set up for the show and the vigils ,as it started getting dark,you could feel the change in the energys around.
we had a fabulous 2 nights with lots of activity and orbs.the monks walk was certainly amazing with some of the finest pictures of orbs i have seen.
the investigation group i belong to,bordersparanormal group,would go back in an instance,and the public who attended sent back tremendous feedback so much so that we are planning another weekend this next year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:15 pm 
A Stiff

Sounds like you had a better time of it than we did.

I must admit there were one or two things that happened which were odd but not much.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:58 pm 

Ive always liked the idea of going to Chillingham and hoping to in the next few months. I like the storys behind it as well and the history.

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:11 pm 
A Stiff

I must admit its a lovely place.

To be honest full of junk though LOL. Sir Humph doesnt appear to have payed out much for the decor :mrgreen:

I do like it there though, its so peaceful cos its in the middle of now where and its very very quiet, apart from the odd jet flying over at Mach 1 LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I went there during the day about a year ago, took my digi cam and got loads of pictures with really odd stuff on them, orbs on every single picture, a shadow of a little girl on a chair in the dining room, and what looks like a huddle of monks in the torture room.
The torture room has got to have the most activity as my step dad was a bit too scared so he thought he would just peek his head round the door and he swooped down, i asked what he was doing and he replied "ducking from that black shadow", also my mam thought my sister was tugging on her belt and there was no-one there.
I put all the pics on my laptop and showed them to my auntie who is a bit psychic and she warned me to get the pics off my laptop or something bad would happen, 3 days later my laptop totally broke!! :?
spooky stuff!!
totally worth it though!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

so what do you think caused this to happen then? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:40 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I'm not really sure to be honest but it's weird. My auntie suggested that maybe they do not want to be noticed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 pm 
Scaredy Cat

just been to chillingham castle today, took a load of pics so gonna check them out.
I will let you all know if i can see anything on them.
I got a really bad headache in the torture chamber and it went as soon as i went out.
Also sitting in the tea room and i went freezing, i was so hot all through the castle until i got there and had been in there about 10 mins before i turned cold, also just after i went cold the lights were flickering and kept going dim then getting brighter, which was a bit odd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm 

I had a weird one in one of the rooms upstairs from the cafe here. I thought my partner kath had followed me into the room and I thought I heard her gasp in my ear, which actually hurt quite a lot and I ended up with ear ache, it was like some one blowing in my ear. I turned round to ask her what was the matter thinking that she had seen something paranormal and it turned out I was in the room by myself, she was still in the previous room. I went back in there to tell her and the guide said that it happened all the time to people in that room, she said it was the blue boy. I thought she looked a bit sarcastic about the whole thing so I told that it had really happened and she just nodded at me and then said, "What did you expect it's the most haunted castle in the country".
Got to say that it was the first experience of it's kind that I've had, I usually get flashes of images, names and sense atmospheres but I've not had anything blow down my ear before.
I got the name of woman very strongly in the cafe that was accurate to the guidebook and it came as no suprise that the cafe was over the historical torture chamber as the there was a terrible feeling of foreboding in there, it almost felt as though there was an expectation of something dreadful going to happen, but I have to say I felt that in connection to the womans name. I wish i could remeber her name but I don't I think it was either Mary or Elizabeth (which sounds really quite bogus now that I mention it). :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:33 am 
Elite Investigator

We've Investigated Chillingham twice and to be honest I'm still holding judgment to whether it's as haunted as they say, I mean the first time seemed active but everything that happened could be explained in one way or another. We got a couple EVP's from what I remember - both were unclear as to what was said. The second time was a real let down we picked up nothing on the recorders or cameras, so I think £70 would just be a clean rip off, I certainly wouldn't pay to go!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm 

It didn't strike me as being as haunted as it's made out to be either but then I didn't think that the Edinburgh Vaults had much atmosphere either to be honest. There was vile smell down there, which they said was supposed to be ghostly shit. I couldn't disagree with the direct description of the said fragrance, but I thought it was probably the sewers as opposed to Burke and Hare.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:13 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

went to the vaults a few years ago niddrick street ones, the place i hated the worsed was the really dark room, were there is said to be an entity.i felt it :shock: