It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Post subject: Why bother?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am 
The Ferryman

For the last hundred (plus) years mediums have been confident that there is survival after death, and claim to communicate with them regularly.

Why then, are so many of them attracted to 'ghost hunting', and further more, why are they surprised when 'something' happens?

This isn't a pop at mediums, it's just that I'm not sure how compelled I would be to do investigations if I already knew the answers before hand.

Post subject: Re: Why bother?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

been on my spiritual side of things, and of course the medium, I do believe in life after death and that your loved ones are always around to continue to send their love at all times and to send out their protective balm. I am compelled as there is a difference between giving messages to loved ones and also to do these 'ghost hunting' events. I don't really go onto the rostrum these days (as I don't really get asked, so how can I learn any more from rostrum work) but the satisfaction you get when you see the smile of a person in the crowd of people and the laughter and tears of joy when you have contacted their relative, the satisfaction is so un real it makes you happy to of made contact to 'uncle bob.' Ghost hunting is different, as you investigate the basic vibration of the building or area and try and get proof to prove to the rest of the investigators that life is eternal...... best way to give an example is the Stokesley hunt we done earlier this year, I gave off both medium 'family' names which the family could take and also had proof of the atmosphere/vibrations of what happened in the building.... ie, upstairs the family was agreeing with each name I got drawn to like Clements, Flo... downstairs I felt the strong feeling of animal slaughter.

Not sure if this answers your question, but it is good to work in 2 different ways, Abaddon works in different way, so maybe he can explain his feelings on this also

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 am 
Someone We Know

For my own understanding could you clarify why you do waht you do? Is it the feeling of an obligation? Something that perhaps also gives you pleasure?
For anyone to do anything I imagine it gives some sort of pleasure back in return. I'm sceptical about any claims of 'atruism' so I'm interested in what you feel/think is happening, what your audience/clients think and feel, and how this relates to historical evidence. For instance has there ever been a case where the reports of a medium have clashed with accepted reports from the past, only later being found to have been accurate in the light of further historical investigation? Though this digresses from Mark's question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 am 
The Ferryman

April, I can understand that trying to prove to other more skeptical investigators is a reason why you do investigation, and I really hope you can one day.

The Stokesley invo was interesting, but I get the feeling that what you were doing was more like 'rostrum' work than picking up anything from the building, as you were communicating information directly with the owners rather that the building itself.

I've also got to say even though there was a few good 'hits' that night, particularly from Abaddon who gave both Christian and Surnames, there's a long way to go before we can start using words like 'proof'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Stokesly was an interesting venue, as April and I picked up on a similar thing at the same time. Which was subsequently verified by the family.
I just had a feeling. dont know where it came from, dont know if it was because It obvious the building would have had different uses through history or what.

My impression of how things work is that any information has to be interpreted. This could be an explanation as to why names can be notriously difficult to get. Certainly at the Forum first invo, when Abaddon gave an impromptu reading to one of the staff, it was all, I feel he was this, It seems like XyZ yet everythign was confrimed by the staff member.

I've seen none sensative people get an impression several times, one of the best was at the castle eden pub where my old team leader picked up on someone hanging in the old barn/function room. Whether that was 100% legit I dont know, but Adele wasnt one for fooling herself so I took it at face value.

What intrigues me, is the spiritual difference, between say April and Abaddon. I have to say that sometimes, and I dont mean this as a bad reflection on April, her spiritual side becomes a bit too much to bear?bare? whatever. But thats because of my own intolerance of religion and spiritual stuff. Whereas Abaddon is more like, you can take it or leave it. No nonsense John smiths kind of stuff.

That said both April and Abaddon bring great abilities to the team, but I side with Dok on the fact that its got a long way to go before it can be considered as proof and in some cases evidence. One thing that I consider IS evidence was At darlington when I felt then Dok confirmed the area of high EMF.....exactly as I described. Now that was backed up by cold hard facts, but it started with me feeling a bit iffy in the areas and was able to walk through the room and trace those areas. What makes it more intriguing is that it didnt happen on the first invo there.

I guess no one knows the answers and if we can go and visit somewhere and find out snippets of some long dead persons life, thats an interest in itself, like a historian. Wouldnt we all like to have a glimpse of the past?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm 
The Ferryman

Yeah the EMF thing was odd. Now I'm not for one minute saying that EMF has anything to do with the paranormal but Anth's headache came and went extremely fast in certain areas of the room that correlated with the areas of high EMF checked immediately afterwards.

Coincidence? Possibly.
Interesting? Definitely.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I like doing what I do to give people peace of mind and the knowledge that 'the great uncle Buck is out of pain and will look down on you.' The smile's that you see on people's face when you come out with their past loved ones names and pick up on events that has happened 'he is telling me you want to buy some new shoe's.. well that is how close he is with you at this time.' You can give off a message and bring laughter into it from past events also, and it is pleasing to feel the love from the people in the room.

I can imagine that a Medium may of read up on things in the past which may clash with recent events.

I know one past hunt with NGI (before I became a member) I helped NGI out at Yarm Fellowship Hall, year and half ago roughly. I know I was in the group with Abadone and Reagan and I tried to show one of the public how to do the dowsing crystal. I sensed a young teenage boy with me, and him showing me the event of the Yarm viaduct, I kept questioning 'why the viaduct' (suddley realising the viaduct was a small walk from the Hall itself) this boy showed me as he fell from the viaduct, he also gave me a year and I had it confirmed as I asked again 'the year I was born?' and he agreed. When I spoke to Reagan and told her that I saw the young teenage boy falling from the viaduct , the year of my birth, Reagan did confirm that an event like that did happen in 1975... I nodded and said 'yes, that is the year I was born.' Now as I was born, how could I have ever red that type of story being 0 - 1 year old.

doc, I will agree and I did feel pulled into giving rostrum work to the family that where there and that is the first time I have ever felt pulled into rostrum work, experience is good. I did say about the cellar being a animal slaughter house which did get confirmed, but the more I tried to do the investigation side of things, I do feel as though I was pulled for messages all the time, which is a shame as I wanted to get more investigation hits rather then rostrum hits that night.

Quote:
April, her spiritual side becomes a bit too much to bear?bare? whatever.

What ya saying, you cannot handle me ;) lol and yes you also picked on a lot too that night at Stoksley.

While people ask why Mediums go to these investigations, I wanna ask the sceptics the same question, if you don't believe, why bother

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
The Ferryman

AprilButterfly wrote:
I sensed a young teenage boy with me, and him showing me the event of the Yarm viaduct, I kept questioning 'why the viaduct' (suddley realising the viaduct was a small walk from the Hall itself) this boy showed me as he fell from the viaduct, he also gave me a year and I had it confirmed as I asked again 'the year I was born?' and he agreed. When I spoke to Reagan and told her that I saw the young teenage boy falling from the viaduct , the year of my birth, Reagan did confirm that an event like that did happen in 1975... I nodded and said 'yes, that is the year I was born.' Now as I was born, how could I have ever red that type of story being 0 - 1 year old.

It's interesting, but it's still not proof I'm afraid. If I were trying to tune into my psychic ability (no such luck), then it's just the kind of thing that would have popped into my head being almost under the viaduct and all. It would be more impressive if you had gotten more facts such as a full name, though I suppose it could then still be argued that you had read the info somewhere. Has Reagan got a link to the news story about this teenager or did she just recall something?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I forgot that I was anywhere near the viaduct that night to tell you the truth, I know you always ask for full names, we can only give what spirit give us, if there known as 'Uncle Bob' thats all we can give out as the person who is taking the message knows him as 'Uncle Bob.' If Reagan did have the story facts, I myself would love to read it. I know I mentioned it at work the following day and one collegue who I worked with had to get in touch with her hubby as her hubby watched the whole incident, and even he said it was around the year I was born also, this was without feeding him them facts what I gave to the collegue

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm 
The Ferryman

You still may have been subconsciously aware of the viaduct though.

I understand that you can only say what the spirits are giving you, and this has been echoed by mediums since the movement began. But what I can't get my head round is if it is truly possible for a living human being to communicate with the hereafter, why don't the spirits play ball with you more. We know 'they' can give their full names on occasion, so why not all the time? It would certainly shut me up if they did.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:10 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

and I would so love to shut you up with that topic ;) but try as I might, I cannot get full names most the times. I did get a full name at Stoksley I believe and the family confirmed it remember? I just like playing ball with spirit and am happy with what they give to me, but I understand that people want more, if spirit does not wish to give more, then I cannot force them, neither can any other Mediums out there, just the pot luck when we get full names.

Example while at school you would NEVER address a teacher by their first name, always Miss or sir. Do you really think they will come back and say... ahh i used to teach you, I am Joe Blogs, you would only know them as Mr Blogs, so why would he bother you with a first name as chances are you would never of known it

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am 
The Ferryman

It just doesn't add up to me, sorry.