It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Post subject: psychics/mediums/anything paranormal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 am 
Someone We Know

Im sorry to say I thought this thread was all about thoughts on different types of paranormal experiments. But it seems I should have put all my posts in the 'sceptics' thread. Im a practising medium, quite psychic, a healer, spirit artist, I use a crystal pendulum, the ouija board and do scrying, all of which come under the heading of this index, and Ive never been on a site before that pulls everything you write to bits. I thought people who were interested in 'ghost' investigations would have been more open to ghosts.

Post subject: Re: psychics/mediums/anything paranormal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi Lynnnora.
I've tried to expain why I feel the way I do about things. I dont just go looking for ghosts, I am a paranormal investigator, I need to see irrefutable evidence. So far I havent. I need to be abel to repeat experiments under lab conditions, eliminating all external factors. So far this has not occured. We dont look to prove that ghosts exist, we look for the facts, to collect any evidence and to analyse it. We dont do "ghost hunts"

We have explained, often in detail, why we feel theres more logical explanations for things, we site evidence where we can and have encouraged you to discuss your belief.
Yes we can be seen to pulling things apart, but you have to remember some of the claims of paranormal are so strange we have to break it up into smaller parts and comment on them. Any rational explanation is infinately more likely than a paranormal one.

As I keep saying there is no scientific evidence of life after death, theres no proof of ghosts, theres no proof of people being psychic (in fact you will find that they all failed when tested and theres also Randi's prize up for the taking if someone can prove they have a gift) I'm afraid that right now the evidence is stacked up in the favour of science.
I feel that I am open minded, I just have satisfied myself that orbs are not spirits. And that as a means of evidence a ouija board is failry useless. Yet I still look for that elusive proof of life after death.

Personally I have seen things, the problem is, what did I see? was it a ghost or was it a trick of the light? I cant prove it either way, but on paper its much more likely to have been a trick of the light.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 am 
The Ferryman

Really sorry you think like that Lynnnora and I do appreciate that it may seem like that, but believe me it isn't meant.

All of NGI are very open to the possibility of 'Ghosts' and the majority of us do actually believe that paranormal things do indeed occur (me included), but I think the problem comes because we take the 'investigation' side of things very seriously.

Being a good investigator is all about looking for evidence as to why things are the way they are, and when sufficient evidence is found then we should respect that. This is unfortunately happened with the things that you have mentioned such as 'Orbs' and Ouija Boards.

There are other forums/teams out there who would gladly tell you that 'Orbs' were spirit and Ouija were evil, but that's not us for the most part I'm afraid. We're more about looking for answers than confirming of beliefs.

We really do appreciate your posts and it gets us talking about things. After all a good forum is all about debate and we may all learn something from each other.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 am 
Elite Investigator

Words can sometimes come across as 'pulling everything to bits'. All I would say, is that many of us feel as strongly about obtaining good objective evidence, as you clearly do about the existence of spirit.

We are not pulling you apart, or what you say, but trying with the limitation of words to put across our thoughts, learning and experience with regards to the paranormal.

when you get to know us, you will find that everyone here has had their own (often compelling) experience of phenomena that often defies rational explanation. That is what motivates us. What that means is that we are fascinated by all things paranormal and like to talk about these things. At the same time, we will be robust in our opinions on the subjects you have brought up while trying to be respectful and friendly at the same time. It can be difficult when opinions often seem polarised..! :wink:

Honestly, I think we are a decent bunch, and I too am sorry that you feel we have pulled what you say to bits. I don't think we have, though it may seem that way..

There are sites out there that are so sceptical that even we would have trouble finding a reasonable discussion to take part in.. :shock:

And to be fair to you, because many of us are sceptical in our approach, you may feel a bit outnumbered. We do have a couple of mediums on the site, one of whom has posted on your threads. We are not 'attacking' your beliefs, but trying to be robust in our pursuit of really good evidence. I personally believe that good evidence is what will give this subject area credibility. We may never find it, but we will enjoy the process, and hopefully you will stick around. I believe we can all learn something through discussion, and that makes it interesting :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am 
The Ferryman

Oh, I missed this thread!

Lynnora - I've been involved in NGI from almost the beginning. Nearly 7 years now. Before that, I've been involved in a number of other ventures spanning the years. I've investigated 100s of locations and have experienced many many things that we would call paranormal - some that would have people running for the door, some that have turned hard nosed cynics into raging believers, some that turned out to be nothing more than genuine mistakes or an over-active imagination. I've seen what we would call a "ghost", I've been chased by one, pushed by one, "attacked" by one and had numerous objects thrown at me - some I would guess in anger ... I figure I must just bring out the worst in 'em!! :)

But I'm not a believer.

The reason being is that everything I've experienced could have been brought about by "other" things rather than Great Aunt Mable and her ilk.

I'm not one to rule out Dead People - but that particular answer is at the bottom of a list that I - and everyone for that matter - needs to work through first before stating "yep, its Old Albert the saucy devil".

Only when every other possible explanation has been ruled out can we settle on Elvis. Only then. You can liken Paranormal Investigators to a Police Investigator - they might know that Mad Mick the Axe Wielding Maniac "done 'em in" - but they need proof and irrefutable evidence otherwise it will be thrown out of court and Mad Mick walks free.

The same is true in respect of ghosts. We might think that Great Aunt Mable is the cause of this event or that event - but without proof or evidence, it means nothing .. just opinion. Conjecture. Theory. Sometimes even just twaddle.

As one of my erstwhile colleagues above as stated - you could go to another group and they'd fill your and anybody elses head up with all manner of stuff - none of it without any basis in fact. Its just stuff that somebody once upon a time made up (either blatantly or innocently) and passed of as fact and people who pass themselves of as "experts" just repeat.

Ouija boards, Electromagnetic Field readers, pendulums, temperature changes, Orbs, para-spectrum cameras ;) - and yes, even the mediums who are part of NGI .. all of it is ... I won't say "nonsense" but some would .. all of it is merely theory backed up with absolutely no actual evidence whatsoever to support it.

If I was a Rozza and came to your home one day and accused one of your nearest and dearest of being an Axe Wielding Murderer and nicked him or her for chopping someone up into little bits - you would, quite rightly ask, wheres the evidence? and you would expect the cops to provide it.

Yet within the paranormal field, most evidence that exists actually rules out the involvement of Great Aunt Mable or Old Albert rather than confirming it.

As I said up top - I've experienced some things that would make people wee themselves. But not a single one of those things was ever backed up by full investigative evidence whether because of me being alone, being surprised and caught out or by being confused or awed.

It MIGHT be ghosts, but there's a whole list of other things its more likely to be and only when those other things have been ruled out, then we can pour a cup of tea for Old Albert and talk about the war.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Lynnora

I am one of the mediums in the group (fledged since November 2010.) I am also a fully fledged spiritul healer (from 2007.) I am open minded and do believe in the spirit world very much.. Please do not feel intimidated by the rest of the group, as everyone is different, everyone does have their own beliefs, the world would be boring if we where all the same and believed in the same.. There has been a few times which has opened their eyes and I believe the mediums in Stokesley recently did impress the group with what facts and names we brought forward. This is our aim, to try and communicate with spirit and try our best to get as much proof as we can, but sometimes to mediums it is not as easy as that, we cannot just switch on a light and get uncle Bill.

I have noticed a great difference between mediums working for churches, then the ones working in paranormal hunts. I did gain my experience in a spiritual church and have been on the rostrum, been told many things and taught many things, been tested on things.. I have also helped out with Paranormal hunts and the difference between both is big.

The Stoksley was the biggest event that opened my eyes and did actually prove to myself that I did not feel as though I was there for paranormal hunt, I felt mostly pulled by people around me pulling for messages for their loves ones. Every name I pulled out, someone could take that (''ahh that was my grandma'') blah, blah.. in a way I did enjoy the night, but did not feel 100% committed on the actual paranormal hunt, the reason we where there in the first place, this is the first ever time I felt pulled into trying to give messages rather then getting proof of the paranormal exsistence in that building.

The group pull the Mediums apart all the time, but we still stand up and try our hardest to prove that life is after death and we will keep on trying. One of these days, maybe one of these days it may happen.

But please do not run away from us, the group are just saying what they see, I know if I showed all these pictures in a spiritual church the Mediums would nod in agreement, but as I say we are all different.

Quote:
"attacked" by one and had numerous objects thrown at me - some I would guess in anger ... I figure I must just bring out the worst in 'em!!

and maybe they attack you as you antagonise them ;) keep it up. I know one Medium you know of does not like the way you talk with spirit, but you are who you are Jay

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm 
The Ferryman

Its not about "who I am" - the spirit in question was allegedly a child-molesting killer .. I ain't going to say please and thank you to him like I wouldn't if he was stood in front of me for real (actually I'd probably run and hide!!! ;) ) ..

When faced with someone "nice" or a kid or similar - I'm as nice as pie to them .. show them respect and all that jazz. But not a child-molesting killer.

I want to piss him off, to anger him, to annoy and antagonize and he might respond by throwing a table at my head .. people won't be complaining if that was to happen!!! It would be on You-Tube in 5 minutes while poor old me is lying on the floor in a daze and being ignored!! :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I would love to witness that if it did ever happen ;) and I would be the first to put it on you tube, before attending to you lol ;)

been contacting spirit since 2006