It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 am

Post subject: Mediums and Investigations
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 pm 
Someone We Know

Here's a topic that usually provokes an interesting response...

Should a self professed medium be used as a tool in paranormal investigations, or should they indeed be the focus of investigation themselves?

:D

Post subject: Re: Mediums and Investigations
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'm all for using mediums in investigations.
Its what we do with the information they provide thats the key factor.

With all due respect to the guys I work with, I am more likely to use their information as a way of narrowing down my search but I tend to take some of the information with a pinch of salt.
For example if a sensative told me that a particular room was active, I would start there.
If they told me the portal to hell is waiting for you in room 101 I wouldnt take it to heart.

BUT I would always research information provided by a medium, i've witnessed some stunning events when in the presence of our sensatives so i figure there must be at least something in it all. I guess I use the information and apply it where I think it fits, rather than hanging on every word they say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 am 
The Ferryman

Mediums are tools to me too .. not .. as in .. "you tool" .. but in using as a tool. 8)

For a simple reason .. I don't know if a medium is mistaken, confused or outright lying .. The information a medium gets is purely subjective .. it means nothing to a non-medium. Even if they get a "hit" with something - I don't know if its given to them by a spirit, a lucky guess, they actually know about the place they're visiting beforehand or unconsciously picked a name up from some leaflet or booklet lying around the place. I don't know.

So I'll take the information and file it in its place in the overall picture, but would never put all my eggs in the basket the medium provides.

I'll work closely with a medium - I'll get names or descriptions of somebody from them and use that as a focus for whatever I'm doing, but if they've said a bloke called Barry is in the room - although I might address a Barry if calling out - I don't automatically believe that I'm really addressing someone called Barry - I'll take a swing at the name and see what happens. Sometimes success comes from it, sometimes it doesn't. Big Picture gets updated.

I don't really feel you can use anything as a main focus for an investigation - medium or science. To this day, science has never fully explained whatever is going on in the paranormal either way - bits and pieces, yeah - but not fully and so if theres anything at all in this, then no one thing is going to provide the answers .. to me, its taking the jumble of information from all sources and see what can be made from it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 am 
The Ferryman

I pretty much agree with what has been said already, although if you want to actually study a medium, I don't think a paranormal investigation is the best place. It will only cause more difficulties in an already difficult area of study.