It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Post subject: Questions for the mediums
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:15 am 
Someone We Know

I've always been interested in psychic abilities and have had a few run ins with information I can't explain. What I'm interested in are your stories - how did you get started? Have you found ways to improve your abilities over the years?

When I was about 15 I attended a spiritualist church open circle a few times and there were a few 'medium' speakers, only one of whom I will accept was genuine. Whilst there I had a few odd thoughts/feelings about people I have never met before in my life. But being so young, I didn't have the courage to speak up.

I have been reading the tarot cards for around 6 years now, and I definitely started by going off set meanings for each individual card. But as time went on I started using my intuition more and getting more in depth readings and different meanings for the same card depending on the person and circumstances I was reading for. I also feel a strange pressure - much like wearing a tight sweat band - across my forehead whenever I get strange feelings, or when doing an indepth reading and I sometimes feel very very tired afterwards.

I've always had a knack for being able to tell the outcome of certain events and more coincidences than I like to count happen on a pretty much daily basis.

I would be interested to hear of any connection this might have to psychic ability and if its worth pursuing further, or whether I can just put it down to chance and leave it at that.

Any thoughts appreciated !

Post subject: Re: Questions for the mediums
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:49 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Rachel

I feel as though the tighness around your head is when your guides are close and working alongside you.

Since I was 10 and seen the ghost of Anne Bronte I have had an interest in the spirit world. I know my grandparents where very strict and wouldn't allow me to investigate a spiritual church, but one bank holiday monday I went to one and basically told a little white lie of 'I am going to the library.'

When I was settled into a job that gave me monday afternoon's off I thought again about the norton church and attending their monday afternoon services again... this must of been about 10 years ago.. I gained alot of friends and within a couple years got asked to join the spiritual healing and awareness class.. I completed my spiritual healing training after 2 years (2008 I think I got certificate.) and I have been fledged as a medium now from November 2011.

I don't work with tarot, I work with Angel cards instead and I have been told many times that the book of information is useless as it is spirit guides that will tell me information that I need. I notice every time I give out messages their getting better each time, practise makes perfect I guess.

Thursday gone I gave of a message and the girl just continued accepting more from me, I felt good with that message, even the final message of getting that needle before its too late, of course it doesn't mean anything to me, but she had a gaping mouth as she stared at her mom in disbelief.

Every medium works in different ways, senses spirit in different ways. Get yourself a dowsing crystal (if you dont already have one) and confirm a few questions with spirit, I know there waiting there to answer your questions.

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:24 pm 
Someone We Know

Thanks for the reply April :)

I've had a smokey quartz pendulum for a number of years now but I"ve only used it a handful of times for communication, never thought to consult it on this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

great for yes and no questions ;) it has confirmed a lot to me in the past

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm 
A Stiff

I didn't follow the spiritualist path and rely on my own intuition of whats happening around me. In terms of a presence this usually to me feels like severe static electricity around me normally starting at the back of my neck and on arms- the "heavyness" and feel of this usually tells me if its m or f. The intensity and length of the feel then leads me to the strength of the spirit and its approximate age.
I also pick up on the physical characteristics of the person by feelings on my body ie beards, long hair, size of body frame etc and usually any physical infirmity's like poor heart, crippled hands etc again by physical pain (not so pleasant).
At times, as I think we have said on a previous post, I get words and phrases which run around my mind and won't go until they have been said. I also tend to pick up on likes/dislike towards other people in the group.

Each to their own I guess, whatever works best for u Rachel.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm 
Someone We Know

Thanks, that's really interesting. I highly doubt I would follow a spiritualist path going by my past experience with them, and the fact I"m pretty settled as I am. I suppose I am more keen in exploring ways to open myself up to things that are right under my nose - usually what happens is I get signs, then once something happens I realise what the signs were pointing to...be nice to get that before the event :P

As far as people are concerned, it interests me in how you figure things out like beards, health problems etc and it does make sense how you come to those conclusions. I think its getting to that stage that I'm aiming for right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm 
Someone Strange

Rachel wrote:
As far as people are concerned, it interests me in how you figure things out like beards, health problems etc and it does make sense how you come to those conclusions.

Some people just get images in their heads.

Although slightly different, like April said, it depends on the person.