It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spiritualist Church
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:13 pm 
The Ferryman

Re Gadgets: I don't think anyone of here would say that any 'gadgets' could detect spirit. They just do what they are designed to do and take readings. Gadgets are much better for getting to the rout cause of why people have experiences in certain locations that detecting the paranormal. As for cameras I would also say that Film is not totally reliable either. Both digital and film formats have their uses and drawbacks.

As for investigating in the dark there are a few reasons. The first and most practical one is that most people have day jobs and night time is when they have free time. Many alleged haunted locations are in use during the day too.
Night time tends to be a lot quieter too which certainly helps. Some folks argue that peoples senses are heightend at night time while there is another school of thought that solar radiation during the day has an adverse effect on spirits. This is why you can pick up radio signals from further afield during the hours of darkness.

I would agree that the public interest in paranormal investigation has turned it into almost a 'hobby' group, but there are a lot of genuine groups out there who are really serious about what they are doing. The high price tags charged for investigations are not usually the result of the group making lots of money, but the cost to 'hire' the location being so expensive. Most groups don't hardly make anything on a guest night unlike the location owners themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:56 pm 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX - ANTH! i think i may have already Anthwered your questions? im sorry its my humour its got me dirty looks from church committtees before? BUT i must tell you that when i first started going to spirit churches i saw 2 elderly men who stood side by side on the rostrum-pulpit-podium who gave messages doused with humour! They would accuse each other of stealing oneanothers messages to the delight of all in the congregation! They were brilliant even listening to other peoples messages! they made going worthwhile BUT you cant please all and they got their share of back - biting believe me from committees to mediums (jealousy of course) or those who prefered dull fall asleep mediums who barely whispered their monologue? Eventually they wore them down to their level & they gave verse seperately minus humour? When 4 of us started on our own we were in big demand - it was the humour i insisted on & it worked - no gimmicks no disrespect just entertainment BUT genuine mediumship! we also got flack - first Faye left then Trish got upset & that ended that -a progressive medium has got to be TOUGH! i tell you a life aint easy for a boy named Annan? beware you tread into Seaham or Phillidellphia churches & laugh? But dont be shy GO & ask questions then study & take in & assess ? Come & Join Us Come & Join Us!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 pm 
A Stiff

Not found anywhere yet that I havent dared to tread, and the blue rinses dont scare me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:16 pm 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX - My Good Doktor, one very quick thought on Class - middle, semi upper & upper Classes? its true you dont see many at spiritualist churches but i think this is because they Usually have "Psychic Evenings" when a medium is booked & 10 or 12 dear friends are invited for wine & partytime chat & to get a reading from a medium + tarot/palm etc., so they only mix with their own kind? however who knows if a spirit church opened bang in the middle of a posh place they may well support it? Of course an older person will relate to more names this is why we have to sort out the fact they are not just saying Yes thinking of someone else - a "good" medium will always do this? some may just be thankful to hear Yes?? IM NOT! but at least we can be thankful you wont be captured by the Jehovas,Mormans or other forms of alternative worship? you dont even have to believe in god or the almighty Allah? ASK QUESTIONS ALWAYS! We have worked for non churches - just to give messages without hymns or prayers to a room of people who come without church trappings? But ive had Real PROOF given to me over the years & forget ESP theories! Standing on the rostrum at a church once giving a message i got the Hardest Slap on my Left shoulder it Hurt! when i swung round to face my assailent (my fellow mediums) they assured me nobody had touched me!!! i even asked the crowd but they said no too! You cant force a spirit to give a message OR hit you OR throw a chair! they always do something when you least expect it & usually without a second witness? (never mind a camera) after all they are not there to please you OR me! imagine a airman second world war & a soldier are killed by a German bomb - they return & see loutish youths of today defacing a monument - they gave their lives to save us from a mad dictator & super evil gestappo to watch this behavier? Do you suppose they would be happy? Pleased to come & do tricks for us as investigators? How many Most Haunted shows must we see showing such Dippy Blonde crap before a spirit finally slaps her good & proper? But back in the late 1970s Madame Smith of the SPANNISH CITY W/Bay told me one day i would do what she did, i looked & said "no way" but she was proved right! Be yourself & perhaps one day we can have a ball???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm 
The Ferryman

I hear what you are saying Ghost Fox and I'm glad you've got your faith.
Can I just point out that it wasn't me who mentioned class though, it was aqualung.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 pm 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX, HI Doktor, strangely enough i agree to most of your comments except i cant see why you need to walk about in the dark? having a light on makes more sense surely! you are probably more likely to see spirit with a light on than off!! ok lets say you go into a cellar or something to get a crate or box for the bar - do you go in the dark? Health & safety will do you strait away! But everyone who,s ever seen anything did so in light! Be honest how much fact have you recorded in darkness?? i also accept the venue charges but how many non pros do you have on these ghost events? some locations there,s no charges? my own house is haunted & weve had fun & alsorts over the years & we love our ghosts! i WANT TO COME ON HUNT WITH YOU! YIPPEE!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 pm 
The Ferryman

I agree you are probably just as likely to see a 'ghost' in the light. 'Light anomalies' would be easier to spot in the dark though. But I would disagree with your statement "everyone who's ever seen anything did so in light" however.

As for recording FACT with regards to the paranormal I would have to say we have recorded none. I would also say that no one else has either.

As for non pros, I would have to say that we are all non pros as we don't do this for a profession. If you mean paying members of the public, we don't have any at our team investigations. We only occasionally do 'guest' nights and they are usually held in the most 'famous' (and therefor expensive) places. We do however keep the numbers down as it makes for a much better investigation. We are not a business and do not make any money out of doing this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:10 pm 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX, Abaddon - yeah, i suppose so but if you DID do the medium thing you would also be amazed & learn a thing or two! Firstly i get the feeling im a know it all you think? didnt mean to come over like that BUT like all older pros you cant learn experience! AND its because of all this that i know what i do & why nobody can tell me its all crap etc., thats not being big headed but i enjoy teaching people to learn more! you cant tell anyone how something tastes until you,ve tried it?? provided you dont push me aside not wanting to know more i can help to perahps to quite surprise you? depends really just how much you really want to know? content to watch the boats sail by or be aboard? be a friend or be like the stuffy churches & say sorry but dont contact us we,ll contact you? the thing is i do not believe to be an investigator one has to be "unconnected" so to speak Because i believe the more you know the more you can relate to! you cant say you would not compare one investigation to one done before? you cant help it, like a fall down some stone stairs -the next ones you encounter you will remember & aviod the previous mistake? its all knowledge we LEARN through life? oh & your foot should be ok but you shouldnt put too much stress on it?? (just what someone said) dont blame me ok??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:18 pm 
Professional Investigator

I didn't want to come across as a snob, that wasn't my point.

In the Psychic Tourist there is a comment that spiritualist mediums are the poor mans counsellor... part of me thinks that maybe this is true. maybe if we visited the spiritualist church in Marlborough, Hampstead or Bath of course we'd see a different group of people.

This is by the by and not really part of the discussion here.

I didn't mean to upset you Ghostfox and feel like I've ruffled your feathers, that wasn't my intention. I stress that I've met good people through the spiritualist church, but at the same time I've seen some incredulous bullshitters. Lets face, as I tried to point out in an earlier thread about other prfoessions, the same can be said of bad teachers, bad doctors, bad police officers and... bad paranormal investigators.

So why do I do NGI. I feel able to express myself, my abilities and feel welcome here, without any back biting, no body here is trying to tell me what to believe and what not to believe and asking questions is always welcome and valid within NGI.

Doing an invo in the dark or with the lights on matters little to me, we did a prep invo last week near Hartlepool and the lights were permanently on, and we picked things up and another one at Middlesbrough town hall during the day and the same thing occured again. It didn't even occur to me at the time until thinking about it because of your post that we hadn't done these in the dark. It does make me wonder now why we've done things in the dark before; certainly in pub locations its stopped drunks hammering on the doors, thinking there was lock in going on and after a 23rd pint of beer. :lol:

Of course if we do do it in the dark we can use infra red and I'm presuming that lights being on will affect emf fluctuations, which we may not want on the night.

I'm sure a lot of Most Haunted and its mise-en-scene has been drawn from The Blair Witch Project as it was around that period when it started. The whole camera self held at your own crying face seems to have been an image that they've gone for. Your probably right that it doesn't need to be done that way.

I'm not sure when NGI started doing things in the dark, but it's always been the case since I've been here, and I've not questioned it (suprisingly you might think) and accepted it that the others needed it that way for their equipment. I don't use equipment so I have no answers but I think Phibes reasons above are justified.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm 
Someone Strange

the GHOST FOX, hello Doktor, i always enjoy reading what is being said, if we agreed with everyone there would be boring conversation? Light anomalies i must say im very sceptical about, may i explain OR do you already know how the Digital camera/sensor screen works? Film is quite a reliable format, of course the camera can lie BUT this i think is more down to misinterpretation than actually lies!! To be honest how ANYBODY can fail not to believe when a group photo is taken AND there with them is Dead Aunty Maud? she wasnt put there by the lab & she wasnt hiding on the film before it was loaded? The question i want to ask is DO YOU believe or still trying to have evidence shown? I was talking to a late friend who said he would allow me to take a photo of him at the dinner dance? on the night i took photos of the presentations & later when the film was developed i was amazed to see him! On his bike - pity i dont know what i did with them? So does NGI try to prove spirit existence OR simply that a property/place is haunted? i was asked recently to join a local ghost group but they were all without transport & i didnt feel like being a TAXI? when i was at Chillingham i was fortunate to see the White Lady on the stone staircase! BUT she Froze my camera & refused to allow me to take a picture!!! I always like to visit at least at once a year? i was there this week but just a drive past this time? i went to the old ford to let Trish (my wife) see it? I feel ghost groups are difficult to get into? So i suppose the answer is do my own thing??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 am 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX, to AQUALUNG, thats ok i didnt take your comments as offensive, im thicker skinned than many?? so no ruffled feathers (yet) but i did detect a sleight grievance with NGI & them asking for special papers? i mean i dont know how many of you there are but i know the head as he was in Paranormal magazine once or twice? [i get this every month] i think there,s a limit on how technical one can be? perhaps you can tell me how NGI works - who phones who etc., as ive said ive been PSYCHIC for a very long time & im into all forms of mysteries - have been since a teenager, i saw my first aliens aged about 6? my mum was the one who told me years later about what i saw?? it never fails to amaze me how many people seem to make a name for themselves after 5yrs in the business? So does it cost a lot to be in the NGI ? i mean you seem to cover some distances? Infra red is for the dark but it can be used in daylight too? How important are meter fluctuations? how can you be sure the readings are made as the result of spirits? i think the true use of night vision is for what it was designed for OUTSIDE where there are no lights? in a nice creepy cemetery or wood? BUT anyone feel free to e-mail if wished to PEELALAN 22 @ GMAIL.COM best wishes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:31 am 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX, to AQUALUNG, thats ok i didnt take your comments as offensive, im thicker skinned than many?? so no ruffled feathers (yet) but i did detect a sleight grievance with NGI & them asking for special papers? i mean i dont know how many of you there are but i know the head as he was in Paranormal magazine once or twice? [i get this every month] i think there,s a limit on how technical one can be? perhaps you can tell me how NGI works - who phones who etc., as ive said ive been PSYCHIC for a very long time & im into all forms of mysteries - have been since a teenager, i saw my first aliens aged about 6? my mum was the one who told me years later about what i saw?? it never fails to amaze me how many people seem to make a name for themselves after 5yrs in the business? So does it cost a lot to be in the NGI ? i mean you seem to cover some distances? Infra red is for the dark but it can be used in daylight too? How important are meter fluctuations? how can you be sure the readings are made as the result of spirits? i think the true use of night vision is for what it was designed for OUTSIDE where there are no lights? in a nice creepy cemetery or wood? BUT anyone feel free to e-mail if wished to PEELALAN 22 @ GMAIL.COM best wishes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm 
A Stiff

Hmm it seems to me that spirit voices could also be misconstrued potentially as mulitple personality traits? Diff voices acting as a diff conscience etc?

It would be similar I suppose hypothetically like someone signing up for a website with different email addresses and then creating multiple personas to interact with people in different ways? To try and probe or manipulate?

Of course I'm sure nothing like that ever happens in the real world, as no one would wish to waste their time creating fronts that are easily unmasked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 pm 
Someone Strange

GHOST FOX, i doubt the voices that come to a medium are within ones own head as a split personality because they then would not relate to the person the message was being passed to? Once while doing psychic art/drawing i sketched a face in a room full of people - the circumstances were tragic, i was given his name, how he had hanged himself from the staircase balcony, and why he had done so!!!! the woman said one would have thought i had sketched it strait from a photo? but she was gratefull as she now knew for certain why? this sort of thing is IMPOSSIBLE to be e s p or ones inner brain? It is detailed fact such as this that makes me believe in the spirit world & if it wasnt there ghost investigation teams would have nothing to investigate? I think we ALL know & believe in ghosts or spirit at the end of the day, NGI would,nt work otherwise but its interesting visiting locations which i enjoy doing & informing owners or staff if i am given anything they may not know of ? One word i feel i must point out is that just because a place is said to be haunted it doesnt mean i will automatically pick up this? i can only connect to spirit if a spirit is there at the time & they dont stay 24/7 as may be assumed? in fact i have considered doing a psychic circle again, they can be quite good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 am 
The Ferryman

ghost fox wrote:
does NGI try to prove spirit existence OR simply that a property/place is haunted?

Well I think we all have different reasons for investigating the paranormal. Some members of the group believe in 'ghosts' and have seen/experienced them first hand, while others are more sceptical.

I myself am convinced that there is something going on. I have witnessed strange events that could be considered paranormal, but I would not go as far as to say it's spirits of the dead that are responsible. It's all about satisfying my own curiosity. I'm not really out to prove anything to anyone except myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 am 
A Stiff

Interesting thread. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 am 
The Ferryman

Hi Wayne. Long time no speak. How are things with you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm 
Professional Investigator

Hey Ghost fox, just curious about your comment about NGI and special papers. Not sure what you were talking baout there. What special papers?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 pm 
Someone Strange

Sorry Doktor, didnt mean to rattle your cage, im happy with your explanation, to be perfectly honest everything that finally gets explained is one mystery less for us to enjoy?? (whats a good thriller with no thrill?) Its healthy to ask questions & believe nothing you are told! and dont believe all you see! however i believe you will be left very confused,bewildered,afraid on an occasion to come - dont know if its with NGI or not?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 pm 
Someone Strange

Hi Aqualung, sorry if im amiss but didnt you say you were not impressed by the NGI asking you for some special lab paper to use on investigations but said it was only used for testing something quite different but besides you had no access to such things anyway?? To be honest i do think people will be coming up with all sorts of ideas to use to attempt to capture unexplained things? Are the sitings of big wild cats in fact the ghosts of ones long ago? if not where do they just disapear to? Do you find ALL kinds of mystery interesting or strictly ghosts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 pm 
Someone Strange

One final question - what would it take to PROVE beyond ANY shaddow of doubt that Spirit/Ghosts DO exist AND that there IS an afterlife AND we DO have Previous lives lived before this one we live in now?? Is this life now the school where we learn & spirit one where we actually live???? Why is the bible/q"uran so special?? are they not just story/history books anyway like thousands of others in history? Do we include Stone Circles & the more recent Crop circles? Stange craft & Cattle/Sheep mutilations?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 am 
The Ferryman

ghost fox wrote:
Sorry Doktor, didnt mean to rattle your cage

That's ok Ghostfox but you didn't. Sorry if I came across sounding like you had.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 pm 
Someone Strange

Doktor - explanation accepted, so outside of ghosts what do you think causes paranormal? The thing about myself & being a medium is i like to help people on both sides of life! A while ago i was asked if i could go to a house locally strait away because the people were sitting outside & refusing to back in? It seems the young lad was watching TV & a diningroom chair flew past him!! he was alone at the time! So i took a paper & pen with me, sat at the table & simply asked what was going on? i was given the name,s of a man & a woman, the man told me it was his home & he was looking for his wife? he was a little upset the house looked so different? i told him to stay there & i would find out? The woman outside was amazed & said that was the names of the elderly couple who lived there before them? it seems he died & she had to go into a home & i asked which one, also i was told they had taken down walls to give more space? I returned to table & told the man this - he said thank you & said he would go & look for her there? The family heard no more! The point is a vicar & holy water would not have helped the man in spirit? Nor would a team with meters? This is only one case, in other cases that span years then the medium would only assist in helping with details perhaps to the team with meters? On another house we were asked to help at it left my wife traumatised - IF intereted please ask me?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:29 pm 
A Stiff

doktor_phibes wrote:
Hi Wayne. Long time no speak. How are things with you?
Doing fine old chap,still hunting them pesky illusive spirit people huh,thought you'd have it sown up by now. :D

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 pm 
The Ferryman

Good to hear. Still waiting to witness my first 'ghost'. I must say it is taking it's time.
We've have a bit of change in NGI membership since you were last with us but its good to have fresh energy in a group once in a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next