It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 am

Post subject: Re: Are mediums relevant on investigations?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm 
Underworld Minion

''I wasnt. He used to visit peoples houses and do readings.

I got a reading because I was curious and thought it would be a laugh. I was surprised at how accurate it was.''

Just seen this!

What house was he in,a mates,relatives etc?
What were the exact circumstances?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Wifes friends house

One on one reading, others in the house were upstairs awaiting their turn.
Never met the bloke before.
Havent seen him since

what more can I say?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 pm 
Underworld Minion

Any chance he knew the people enough to have gotton the info from others, or that you gave him the 'info' without realising (plenty of ways to do this)?
Was there other stuff that didnt match anything etc?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
Any chance he knew the people enough to have gotton the info from others, or that you gave him the 'info' without realising (plenty of ways to do this)?
Was there other stuff that didnt match anything etc?

Well he claimed a figure was doing things my grandad did, my wife never met my grandad so its unlikely that she could have told her friends. He died 5 years before i met her.

My cousin is a possibility, it was front page gazette news when she died (fought cancer for 11 years) but the bracelet was not public knowledge at the time. Ged didnt know this guy, so she would have had to tell her friends information that they didnt know about and they would ahve had to repeat it to him without me seeing or hearing. (I was the first reading and that was decided by me)

He mentioned figures coming through, people who were family but I would never have known. He wasnt getting names, but the descriptions and the surrounding information was uncanny. He once asked who rover was when talking about my grandad. Then he said the invisible dog wasnt invisible anymore.

My grandad used to joke with his great grandkids about rover the invisible dog again this was somehting I hadnt mentioned to my wife.
My grandad showed him hanging teabags on the washing line, and saying they always called me a miser. Then he was showing himself rolling his false teeth in his mouth, something that used to scare me when I was little. He even got the cause of death was somehting in his head....Grandad died of a massive subrach haemorage.

He got a girl who took her own life, came through and said all was fine and that I was to leave it. My friend Louise....you may remember committed suicide and I wanted to kill her ex.

I never spoke to the guy other than to say I wanted to hear about the afterlife and then once the reading had finnished I had a quick chat but refused to tell him what was accurate etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm 
Underworld Minion

I'l play 'devils advocate' and try and break it down into possibilties,I'm not saying this is what it was,wasnt or anything like that, just looking at it as its written and deliberatly trying to look for other options other than him getting this from 'spirit' (assuming thats where he said he was getting the info from).
Not saying this is what he did or didnt do, I have no idea, you were there you were there,it was between you and him,I'm not trying to influence or demean,I'm just doing this as an exercise so to speak based on what you've posted above, if thats ok with you,if you dont want me to then I've no probs with that!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
I'l play 'devils advocate' and try and break it down into possibilties,I'm not saying this is what it was,wasnt or anything like that, just looking at it as its written and deliberatly trying to look for other options other than him getting this from 'spirit' (assuming thats where he said he was getting the info from).
Not saying this is what he did or didnt do, I have no idea, you were there you were there,it was between you and him,I'm not trying to influence or demean,I'm just doing this as an exercise so to speak based on what you've posted above, if thats ok with you,if you dont want me to then I've no probs with that!

I'm not arsed at all. It wasnt a life changing event and It wont make one iota of difference if he guessed the info.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 pm 
Underworld Minion

I'm not saying he did Anth,he could well have been genuinely getting it from 'spirit' as oppose to just guessing,and to have a proper idea you'd need to be there,but as an 'exercise' to 'generalise' and 'stereotype' I'll approach it from a 'possibility' angle based on your post above,which I have no doubt you'll probably come back and elaborate further on what was said and the way it was said in regards certain aspects,but thats good!
This is just me doing it off the top of my head,not a fuckin clue to any of it,just pratting about really giving some general ideas of how it might be possible to do this from a cynical perspective, which you will then hopefully counterbalance.I cant imagine theres anything I'll say you've not already have thought of anyway:

No idea of ther type of reading,full situation or anything other than your post above.

''My cousin is a possibility, it was front page gazette news when she died (fought cancer for 11 years) but the bracelet was not public knowledge at the time. Ged didnt know this guy, so she would have had to tell her friends information that they didnt know about and they would ahve had to repeat it to him without me seeing or hearing. (I was the first reading and that was decided by me)''
Dont know full details but are names the same,similar?In what way did he give the info, description,names,exact specifics or vague things you 'accepted'?
Were there other people who had readings who knew your cousin etc?
How did you react to the information (there are little things that people can 'observe' which people dont realise,small things we all do.How did he greet you,how did the reading start,what type of reading was it?)
I'm always suspicious when 'jewellry' comes up.......probably just me but it seems to be a 'thing' with people giving 'readings',I'd be very interesting in the full details of that bit.

He mentioned figures coming through, people who were family but I would never have known.
So how did you then?

He wasnt getting names, but the descriptions and the surrounding information was uncanny.
Go on........Speaks of potential 'leading' to me there,but I'm imagining, cos I got no more details!

He once asked who rover was when talking about my grandad. Then he said the invisible dog wasnt invisible anymore.
'Rover'. . A Dog..... a car.....?Both are common things and the word rover is strongly associated with both,so be a great 'leading ' question..........most people know people with dogs or cars.If your grandad had a dog called Rover then this could be a lucky hit from that leading question.The fact he 'asked' it is suprising.

My grandad used to joke with his great grandkids about rover the invisible dog again this was somehting I hadnt mentioned to my wife.
How did you react when he asked about who Rovwer was,what answer did you give?

My grandad showed him hanging teabags on the washing line, and saying they always called me a miser.
Did you or he hang teabags on the washing line?

Then he was showing himself rolling his false teeth in his mouth, something that used to scare me when I was little
My grandad did the same thing,as did some of my mates grandads.I know this cos I've had conversations about it.Not everyones grandad it seems, but I know of a few who did in a small circle of people where its come up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:15 pm 
Underworld Minion

Sorry,post was bouncing and I couldnt post anymore,I'll continue:

He got a girl who took her own life, came through and said all was fine and that I was to leave it. My friend Louise....you may remember committed suicide and I wanted to kill her ex.
How did he 'get' her, how exactly....and how did you react.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 pm 
A Stiff

beats family fortunes,,,,just

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:55 pm 
Underworld Minion

agreed.Altho you cant beat a bit of brucie!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
Sorry,post was bouncing and I couldnt post anymore,I'll continue:

How did he 'get' her, how exactly....and how did you react.

I dunno how he got her, he simply said I have a girl coming through blah blah.
How do other mediums get spirits? probably the same way I wouldnt know I didnt ask him. Like I said I barely gave him 3 sentences in conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:05 pm 
Underworld Minion

I meant how exactly did he word it, how did he describe her, what did it follow on from,not how did he get her in regards how mediums get people in general hehe!

What type of reading was it,how was it done?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

it was a personal reading, into the afterlife only.

he talked about people coming through to say hello and to pass on messages. Guess it was a ittle bit like what the guys on TV do, except it wasnt a has anyone got a deceased great great great grandparent? kinda questions. In fact he asked me no questions and I didnt speak to him during the reading.

He simply sent on messages, described people to me, didnt get any names though.
The thing is, with the exception of two one of which he said I didnt know but they were family from long ago he accurately described everyone and gave messages that made sense, such as the let it lie message from who I beleive ot have been louise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 am 
Underworld Minion

yeah, but what type of reading?
Tarot, crystal ball, did he need to touch you or hear your voice to get the vibration,that type of thing etc?

Was there just you and him in the room?

How 'detailed' were the descriptions, or were they basic things which can easily be taken by most people in that situation?

You sure he asked you no questions?
''He once asked who rover was when talking about my grandad''

Did you not say hello etc?

I have no idea, just messing about here, you were there, you know how it was etc,I'm not saying any of these things appply to him, just that they could maybe apply to him, same as it could maybe apply to him that he was talking to your dead friends and family!

I was just interested in what had amazed you about this particular reading, as from other conversations you dont seem to be amazed by mediums in general,thats all!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:47 pm 
Someone Strange

does anyone read this anymore?