are they relevant on investigations?

Post subject: Re: mediums
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

personally no :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 am 
Stone Thrower

Personally i do like to have a medium on an invest, one to help on things people might pick up on...

However it all depends on what the invest will involve

eg: seance -- deffo medium needed
anyone opening up -- yeah medium prefered (just in case some energies too strong or what ever) and for closing down correctly too

But no they arnt needed -- you can easily do an invest without a medium on a scientific level -- rather than spiritual

i just do prefer to have one at hand -- take last sat for example -- we had 2 mediums with us from team but they were in another area at the time, another 3 guests were mediums (very good ones too, one was a president of a spiritual church) they were with me in my grp.. and Im so pleased they were, cause Kris ended up going into trance mediumship.. ha ha it was well weird but thats a diff story -- anyway if they wernt there to "look after him" I wouldnt of liked to have been the one doing it -- too damm freaky for me like! -- also they were warning him (during seance) not to allow a certain energy in -- now I wouldnt of known that! -- I didnt even wanna sit next to him during seance -- cause they bloody put me off by sayn -- if u sit next to him make sure u do ur protection strong too -- I soon moved and they sat either side of him and all went well...

So yeah they have helped us a great deal -- i think if they werent their -- none of that would have happened because we simply wouldnt have let it go that far :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:05 pm 
The Ferryman

I feel it's good to have a medium on an investigation too. Not to start dishing protection willy nilly, but because I feel that mediums do give some interesting data occasionally. You can ask them questions too, unlike other equipment (not that I'm saying that there are just tools, but it is useful to employ their 'abilities' as such). If they're any good you should get a decent reply.

I've said before, I'm not 100% convinced by mediums, but I do think there is a possibility that there is something to it. I have heard some interesting things from the occasional medium and I have been quite impressed. It is possible to take a scientific angle using mediums as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

I dont see the point of them.

First names and a year are of little use to anyone.
Yes its quite impressive that someone died in a 1000 year old castle, really actually died here you say?

Or that there was a murder, yes because its common knowledge that in times gone by murder was the only cause of human death.

Yes I know theres an energy in the room, theres 6 people stood around you and 240V at 50hz running through the damned wiring! Pillock!

And whats that you say, suffering.....on a battlefield. Bloody hell you really are in touch with the dead, I couldnt have plucked that out of the ether.

:roll:

I manage fine without them. So I say we dont need them......in fact...........Burn them! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:48 pm 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:
I manage fine without them. So I say we dont need them......in fact...........Burn them! :mrgreen:

I think I must be getting a bit psychic in my old age as I detect that a 'slagging match' is imminent :D

In truth you do get that kind of guff 99% of the time. Even if what the mediums are getting is in fact true, it is still pretty useless. However there are still moments that make my ears prick up. In the last few months I've been to a place with 2 separate mediums who have not met (ok so I can't be 100%, but I am as near as damn it). They both picked up on the spirit of a little boy in the same room. They both got the same first name (one provided a surname, the other did not), they both got the same age, and they both got the same method of death. There is nothing on the internet or in any books that I can find about this boy (the building is better known for a different spook). Also there was only me in NGI that knew what the first medium had tsaid on the first visit and I had not discussed it with anyone.

Now I'm not saying that this is proof of medium ability by a long shot, but it was a hell of a lot better than what you usually get. I'm still looking into the facts that they both told me.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm 
Professional Investigator

I think most know my views on mediums or people who reckon they are..
I agree with Anth, now we were on an Investigation rememeber Anth and we had no "Medium" with us which was really cool and a lot of people had experiences etc and a lot of information which Team members got was really interesting to the location which no one knew much about so NO you dont need mediums.. That is my personal View but i kinda have this idea that if we are on an Invest with our medium im always asking questions lol which im sure does his head in but hey im only doing my job as it were lol
But again this is a topic where we all believe in different views so whatever a team wants to do they shud go with it..

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:08 pm 
The Ferryman

I think you should always ask questions to mediums Andrea whether it does their head in or not.

On the investigation when you had no 'medium', why do you think you got more people with experiences (if they did)? Also if normal team members picked up a lot of 'interesting information' on the invo how does this differ from mediumship? I'm not being an angry wolf here I am genuinely interested in your views.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:33 pm 
Stone Thrower

it maybe because if there was no medium there, spirit would be trying to give stuff to the people that was there?? Rather than spirit just working direct to the medium............ just a thought :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:53 pm 
Underworld Minion

or maybe theres no spirit there in the first place to direct anyone medium or otherwise????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:03 pm 

But then if that is the case and "spirit" can communicate with non Believers then why do people still go on and about people not been open minded enough. lol that wouldnt make sense. But yes mark i always Question mediums but believe me there arnt many I respect... Rob our medium does answer any questions i ask when we are on Investigations with him wether i do his head in or not haha.. Too many fake's about and before any one says "just my view" i have caught one out before.... Only she/He didnt know it at the time. I have made no secret in the fact that I dont think much of mediums etc esp if they know where they are going Prior to an Investigation anyone can get on lappy for 5 mins and check out information...again only my person View and will keep that way until im proved wrong etc etc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm 
The Ferryman

Andrea75 wrote:
i have caught one out before.... Only she/He didnt know it at the time.

How did you manage to 'catch one out'? Did you witness them checking for info on a laptop or something and then have them claim they didn't?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 pm 

This person fished for answers he/she had been talking to one person about a Particular place then that same person spoke to another person who was in on it and asked the same thing it may not make sense to ya but yep they were caught out.. thats the only way i can explain it.. If a medium knows where they are going Prior of course they can check up in it on the net or anything..... seen it time and time again "mediums" knowing exactly were they are going.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm 
The Ferryman

I agree that a medium knowing where they are going does compromise any data that they that they may come forward with. Even if they don't know where they are going and the data is freely available then this would cause similar problems.

In the case of the medium that 'you caught out', there seems to be a lot of one person speaking to another person who in turn mentioned it to another person. In my opinion the medium in question could well have bee 'fishing' but it doesn't sound like conclusive evidence that they are definitely fake to me.

I hope you discussed the matter with and relevant parties though and that the medium was brought to task.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm 
The Ferryman

This is one of these examples why we could never prove or disprove the paranormal.

Its impossible to predict what a sentient conscious human being is doing or not doing, thinking or not thinking. We can offer an opinion (which could be flawed) based on what we observe - but that opinion doesn't prove that the medium is fishing or a fake. They could be interacting completely naturally, normally and within the bounds of acceptibility and its our observation (biased in most cases) of this interaction where the issue could lie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm 
Underworld Minion

that is totally true however there are ways and methods which people do use to be 'mediums' and are very sucessful at this also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm 
The Ferryman

Of course - but as I've just said to you elsewhere - we all use these methods and techniques naturally everyday without realising and so its impossible to point to any one individual - fake or otherwise - and claim they are doing it deliberately or, in any particular incident, doing it at that time.

Somebody who claims to be a medium could be completely unaware that they are using any faking or fishing methods & techniques and genuinely believe they are getting their info from the "otherside" so its a tad unfair to scream FAKE at them!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:31 pm 
Underworld Minion

hmmm.....depends no circumstances!
Agree with what your saying that people def use stuff without being aware of it, we all do it naturally to a degree anyway!
but there are systems and the like which if were being used would be easily spotted by someone who knew bout em and the person would have to know they fake to be using them. To scream fake or not to scream fake....that is the question hehehehehe!!!
So if u know people are genuinely believing they are getting stuff from the 'dead' when u can see what they are doing, as they have been taught it but to thier knowledge its 'spirit' and the 'dead' and parapowers out if thier control'...thier 'gift' etc , then is it fair to let them believe it and if u point out ot them what it is they are doing , be this totaly in all inocence why the fuck should th eperson pointing it out be the 'masty' cunt always....the 'spoilsport'...the 'pisser on peoples fun' type of thing!
we talking bout 'investigating' here not a night out a spritualist church god fuckin forbid hehehehe, is this not the type of thing we are interested in, how this stuff works whether people are believing its form spirit or deliberatly faking it or not...????
Seems again this going down a dualistic comfrontational path when that not necessary............we are fuckin investigators not 'experts' or 'judges' etc,and if theres an explanation for this stuff then thats what we after aint it!If people are faking or believing it to be spirit when obviously using other systems/methods whether known to them or not then thats fuckin obviously an area of interest!
Fake or not, thats obviously totally relevant to the invos and the paranormal in general, to just say 'ah cos people believe its spirits then we dont want to upset them' fuckin fine, there are ways of doing stuff, but they the ones crying 'genuine,spirits' yet offering little more than the usual shite which can be proven to be replicated in other ways then why the fuck not say what u think it is...if it an evp or piccy or other stuff then no one gives a shit.....
Say what it is and as always people will take what they will from it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 pm 
Underworld Minion

also u can say a deliberate fake medium who is good at what they do and give 'peace' to people, getting them not to continue using mediums etc and using thier'skills' is far better than a lot of other shite out there be if from a therapeutic angle, a doctors prescription pad , a bottle or fuckin owt etc!
But people who 'genuinly' believe they are doing stuff can cause fuckin untold shite to vunerable people through no cause but fuckin ignorance.........not fully understanding what it is they are doing and getting excited at their 'gift' and often intruding and doing basic shit which encourages others, usually vunerable people to get caught up in this shite and start making decisions based on the 'messages' and apparent 'accuracy' of what these people have said, which even if no monies involved can go on to cause issues in thier life etc, yet any comebacks and the 'mediums' are genuinly fuckin upset........everyones upset and anyone who points out the obvious is a cunt hehehehe!!!Fuckin mad crazy world innit hehehehe!!!
know what I'd prefer..........
u wouldnt want a dentist who didnt know exactly what they were doing poking around with pointy things in your mouth....or a brain surgeon poking about in your brain........or a doctor who'd done a few 'classes' and knew thier way round the nhs direct webby suddenyl been given bif backhanders by the drugs companies being able to dole out referals and prescriptions and 'diagnosis' s hehehe.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 pm 
The Ferryman

Its a chicken and egg thing tho - what came first? The method / technique or the alledged "powers"? An argument can be put forward for both. As we've discussed before - you with Horse riding, me with footy - you can spot a mile off someone who has gone through the coaching method compared to someone with natural ability - but they are both footballers / horse riders and ultimately do the same thing.

So again, what came first? Natural or coaching? With mediumship all your left with is peoples words and its impossible to determine the fake (even if they don't know it) from the genuine - it comes down to whether you trust the person or not and that could be influenced by the flaws in the observers own judgement.

A perceived method with mediumship isn't necessarilly the reason behind it - it could just be how it manifests. I could fake the Mona Lisa but it doesn't make me Da Vinci - but Da Vinci did once exist or there wouldn't be a Mona Lisa to copy and fake.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 am 
Underworld Minion

Jay dont get where u going with this in regards what i'm saying???
I agree with that obviously but my last 2 posts say that clearly and also say other stuff which u dont seem to be acknowledging!

I aint saying it about genuine or fake deliberatly or not etc, its about the fact that this can be done however hehehehehe!!!either 'narutally' or leanred if it aint dead people it aint dead people why should it be dressed up as dead people???

Deliberate fake, natural, learnt this under the guise of dead people whatever, if the end result is the same thing then thats obviously where the 'ghosts' are in this respect and its that which requires further explrring/investigating dunnit, not empty rooms in the dead of night is what im saying hehehe!!!

U keep brining up the big 'fake' thing as though its an issue, which for me it aint, only and obvious relevant interesting point hehehe!!!

What do you mean with 'which came first'?
Body language always been around manipulation of it always been around animals do it we do it always have people naturally better at some stuff than others obviously across all walks of life etc.
Waht i'm saying is that if thats what it it...and I say 'if'.....just cos it can be done dont mean there arent dead spirits etc...however the fact that it can be done is interesting and obviously relevant in itself and as an investigation aspect its a fuckin obvious 1!!!

With deliberate methodologies and the like tho they easily spotted by those who know what they looking for..........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

people are born sensetive,,, like a blind mans sences are tenfold to ours. a mediums sences are the same as the blind mans,,hightened,,with me i hate the name .. its just a title i think to make a sensetive feel good. sorry to all mediums out there its just my personal feeling.but i belive that you are born with it a naturall, people that train to be called a one ,, in my eyes are not real :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 am 
Stone Thrower

well I have to disagree with that last post Pam, there are loads of mediums out there now that have learned through development to link in with spirit... My thoughts are anyone can develop their natural ability it lies dormant in all of us however unless we try to develop it, it will stay dormant. Like I always say anyone can be a doctor if they train for it :D Also the name "medium" shouldnt be about making that medium feel good... and a sensitive shouldnt class themselves as a medium if thats not what they are -- to me a medium is someone who can pass messages from spirit to us -- a sensitive being someone that can sense things around them from the energies of places / people etc -- however these sensitives are not mediums, in my eyes :D -- MY THOUGHTS :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm 
A Stiff

I agree with Sue but i think she's wasting her time trying to convince people about the difference between the two, as long as you know Sue that's all that matters. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm 
Underworld Minion

I dont get the impression Sue is trying to 'convince' anyone Waynesworld.......shes doing same as most , just sharing her thoughts!