It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 am

Post subject: obvilus / iobvilus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm 
Someone Strange

not sure if anyone has heard of this gadget but its basically a tool that aparently a spirit can manipulate to say a word or words using varios sensors built into the device

now this is complete rubbish ( another subject ive researched quite a bit lol)

basically the device has a preprogramed 512 phrases / Words

each phrase is asigned to a number and each number assigned to a set amount of paremeters linked to the sensors which are normaly emf / elf / temp

now depending on the amount of these 3 things depends on what number and what word is spoken. so obviously an infinate number of combinations could be apparent but this system only picks up 512 variations

the main problem with this is how the hell does a ghost know what paremeters will cause what word

the worst thing is people are buying em pumps to aid the obvilus and to help the spirits manifest now an em pump is a good idea but not with an obvilus which relies on emf as one of its sensory ranges

it helps its reputaion when it says on the site sold only for entertainment purposes and not for serious research lol but people are buying it for serious research. and are falling for it, i cant believe how gullible some people are.

http://www.somethingparanormal.co.uk

Post subject: Re: obvilus / iobvilus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 pm 
The Ferryman

They are a bit bonkers, with words like 'Demon' coming out frequently. Not even as good as the controversial (and Cheaper) 'Ghost Box' if you ask me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 pm 
Scaredy Cat

It's no wonder that we can't be taken seriously with junk like this being used in the field. If a 'ghost' has an understanding of binary numeric values, the words assigned to those values, the ability to manipulate those values (in a proper order) and control a random signal etc.etc. why the heck wouldn't they just shout at us?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm 
Elite Investigator

I haven't witnessed these, but they do seem a bit like science trying to fit the paranormal. That can be the trouble with stuff like emf meters and thermometers, in that they give evidence of something, but how good is that evidence of anything paranormal? Maybe alongside other evidence at the same time it is better? Photos, video and audio still rank highly i think. A great gadget would a be thermal camera, but they cost a bit...! :shock:

I love gadgets, and tinkering around with things, but taking a step back it does make you wonder. Some are great for playing around with, but when it comes to actual evidence...the jury is out I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:49 pm 
The Ferryman

Yeah, Gadgets are fun to mess around with and can provide supporting evidence to paranormal claims. It's just when people become obsessed with them in an attempt to seem more 'scientific' and draw ridiculous conclusions by using them that it becomes a problem.

I've recently purchased a 'Ghost Box' to experiment with simply because I'm more interested in testing all these things out for myself rather than just listening to people either saying they work or a pile of S***t. I'm not holding out too much hope though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 am 
Someone Strange

mark wrote:
I haven't witnessed these, but they do seem a bit like science trying to fit the paranormal. That can be the trouble with stuff like emf meters and thermometers, in that they give evidence of something, but how good is that evidence of anything paranormal? Maybe alongside other evidence at the same time it is better? Photos, video and audio still rank highly i think. A great gadget would a be thermal camera, but they cost a bit...! :shock:

I love gadgets, and tinkering around with things, but taking a step back it does make you wonder. Some are great for playing around with, but when it comes to actual evidence...the jury is out I suppose.

the problem with stuff like this is some people are that desperate to see something or hear something that tools like this feed that, and never mind what you tell them they refuse to believe, because they hear the word cement when they are sat in a building for example. they think its a spirit coming through when in reality its just clever electronics generating a word through set parameters. i have now renamed the obvilus - the SPWG - set parameter word generator (how scientific does that sound lol)

http://www.somethingparanormal.co.uk