It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 am

Post subject: EMF Again
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am 
The Ferryman

It's commonly regarded these days that the EMF meters that many groups use are 'Not fit for purpose' and that there is 'no evidence that ghosts give off or affect electromagnetic fields'. This may well be true, and until we get a ghost in a cage and study it (as Jay is fond of saying), we probably won't know.

My question is - what people do regard as 'no evidence'? If we're talking about no 'scientifically proven solid evidence' then you may have a point, but what about all the accounts when EMF fields HAVE been reported to alter when an alleged spirit is present? Are we to ignore all these accounts and write them all off a 'stupid paranormal groups' failing to spot things like junction boxes, not turning mobile phones off, waving handheld meters around and creating their own fields etc???

I do expect that this is true in many cases, but is that a reason not to pursue this line of experimentation?

Post subject: Re: EMF Again
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm 
Someone We Know

EMFs also can can disruption in other electronic equipment, especially kit using magnetic tape, so its best to know where the field sources are to avoid contamination of other results!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm 
The Ferryman

and also the fact that there is evidence to suggest there are certain levels of EMF that can induce false experiences in people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm 
Elite Investigator

I think that EMF has its place, but its like photos, EVP and medium evidence. On its own it can be very questionable, but if all three were together at the same time, like if a good photo of something unexplainable was in the same spot as a medium getting good verifiable evidence, and the EMF meter was singing away..! That would be great. Add in an EVP and people fainting, and - hang on, that's Most Haunted... :lol:

Seriously though, i think they can add to any other evidence, but on its own, while its interesting (and fun!) EMF is hard to prove it is anything paranormal. I must admit I do like gadgets though... :lol: