It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: EVP Question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:02 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
Who has said that we MUST be able to conciously HEAR everything picked up on the recorders?

I don't think anyone has, but surely that's one positive reason for using them though?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:29 pm 
Underworld Minion

thats what I thought Mark but then wondered if I'd missed something because Jay has made the point several times that it is possible for recorders to record things which people dont hear at the time which made me wonder if I'd missed a thread about it somewhere, thats all cos he asked the question are evps ghost voices or not but kept saying this so I thought I'd just clarify that!
I'm sure no one thinks Jay is woo woo, everyone knows thats a delightful cranberry and vodka concoction hehehe not our Jay hehehehehehehe!!!
I'm sure hes glad your his Sir Gallahad tho Mark you are a worthy champion you can be mine if you'll wear my snotrag on the end of your long pointy things.........hehehehehehe!!!

Of course theorising is great, from theories comes 'fact' ...we create our own realities always!!!

But certain things are still the same like man made 3-d designed to do a specific thing like voice recorders and human hearing.
Yep we can all 'recieve' other sound transmissions like infra sound etc and other things....the human voice can shatter glass etc but unless we 'can interpret it with our 'hearing' system, which like Jay says has a certain range which we generally only fucntion at a certain bit of but do have the potential and capability to go to either end of etc then its probable (and proven in some cases of certain frequenies) that we will interpret what is 'noise' to something else as 'pressure' or whatever the fuck else......they could cause visual hallucinations fuckin anything who knows but they will still be the sound 'vibrations' causing this 'sensation' to us, thats how we 'interpret' these. Snakes 'hear' by picking up vibrations through its jaw...........basically we live for thatever reason not wanting to go down that route now cos this is an evp thread but we 'function' on the concious level...the operative word being CONCIOUS......we are used to existing in this 3-d existance conciously where we live within what we 'know'...for whatever reasons we are solid matter and function within the 'rules' we have set for ourselves and our hearing system is one of these.Hope Bekki doesnt mind me bringing her up but how she interprets certain things are not as most of us presume we are interpreting them......
The whole world is not fuckin designed round humans as people forget.........looking at other species is a classic example of how we share the same world with so many other things yet all have different ways of interpreting things......yet we insist on trying to make the world fit us all the time hehehe missing so much yet not seeing that hhehehehehehe!!!
Is the world a lesser place for a horse or spider or slug.....????

Anyway....back to evps!
So when using the recorders it seems comon sense that we can potentially hear any sound on them because they are invented to pick up the signals we hear as 'noise' and translate these signals into 'noise'. If we want to pick up things outside of our hearing and the recorders hearing then we should use things designed to interpret other frequencies in a way we can understand!

Last edited by pollen101 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:34 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
I'm sure hes glad your his Sir Gallahad tho Mark you are a worthy champion you can be mine if you'll wear my snotrag on the end of your long pointy things.........hehehehehehe!!!

Yeh, Jay can do no wrong, he's my hero. I'll be yours too Claire but what are these long pointy things of which you speak. I would have thought that was more your department?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:37 pm 
Underworld Minion

and my pet the obvious thing which no fucker is intersted in and everyone is fooled by........NORMAL........
But thats another post hehehe couldnt resist tho!

Back on topic then where were we???

EVP's

Seems your orignal question has been answered very fully by Jay so onto his latter question which it seems on one has answered are they ghosty voices/noises or not?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:40 pm 
Underworld Minion

heheheheheh aw bless they say we all need a hero I'm glad you've got yours I'm with Bonnie I'm still holding out for mine but you can def be a worthy candidate ooooh I'm all excited now snot rag at the ready!!!
The long pointy things should have read long pointy thing and I I mean that if you come waving your long hard thing at me I'll slip this on the end of it like in the days of the shiny helmets of old.............

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:42 pm 
The Ferryman

How do you know it's not 'things'? :shock:

ahem.... back to EVP's

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:49 pm 
Underworld Minion

oooh er al last something interesting to 'investigate'!!!!

Mark......tomorrow night wear your best undies cos you will be being investigated for pointy 'things' and if you prove positive for them then me and you are rich kidda I found em first you dont count cos they are yours hehehehehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:50 pm 
The Ferryman

I feel used. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm 
Underworld Minion

how you feel is entirely how you choose to feel have u not learnt anything from this thread Mark things are things but what makes them 'real' is your interpretation of them hehehehehehehhehehehhehehehe!!!
Add abused to that sounds much more fun than just plain used........

although I notice you dont state if this is a good or bad thing hehehehehehehehehe!!!

I shall choose to interpret it that its a shit hot fantastic thing therefore it is...the evidence that I shall give to you to prove this is once confirmed your a 2 pointer plus all the cash that we will be splitting up the middle apart from my agents fee for discovering u but thats seperate its all down the middle Mark all down the middle kid hehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:26 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
Who has said that we MUST be able to conciously HEAR everything picked up on the recorders?

Firstly, I never said consciously. Consciously is implying I actually heard the voice and dismissed it only to be surprised when I heard it on playback.

But, its a general assumption made by most in all walks of life about everything .. Its like if I tell a secret to about you to someone else its, "Noooo .. I would have known that" as if they are some type of super-sleuth and know everything. "I would have heard that voice at the time" .. there are numerous examples all over this forum and across the net of that ilk about EVPs and other things.

As you've said before - we, as a race, apply man-made definitions .. we (bollox, can never get this word right!) .. amorphorise it? Nope .. that don't seem right .. ie, we view it through the eyes of man. So the sun, planets, stars and heavens used to orbit the Earth - they had to, we're human and we're special ...

But we also do it on an individual level too. We assume that if it was there we'd of saw and heard it or know about it and if I can't see it, it mustn't be there. Cos I'm special.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:04 pm 
Underworld Minion

I wondered by you saying that we (as in all of us, people) might be distracted that you meant we could conciously hear it but might not remember hearing it because as we heard it our attention might shift onto something else so whilst we did conciously hear it we also conciously didnt remember hearing it, if that makes sense....plenty of times everyone will swaer blind something, usually in a 'heated' moment only to go away after and 'remember' things which they couldnt remember at the time, just small little things but its a good exaple of what I mean.Anyway, its that type of thing which I wondered if u meant to the way I put it was to clarify exactly what you did mean, which you just have!

''But, its a general assumption made by most in all walks of life about everything .. Its like if I tell a secret to about you to someone else its, "Noooo .. I would have known that" as if they are some type of super-sleuth and know everything. "I would have heard that voice at the time" .. there are numerous examples all over this forum and across the net of that ilk about EVPs and other things''
Exactly...hence why i'm pushing for NGi as a group to highlight this at invos using the means I've suggested which some people like and most dont for that exact reason, to get people to experience and realise that what we experience is only 1 facet of the diamond and to be aware that there are other things going on, obvious things which even when right under peoples noses they will still argue is not there hehehehe! I wont put the exact methods I'm on about for obvious reasons but to me it seems people need to 'experience' htings in a relevant context to grasp this....so what bettter way to do it to get this point across...??

Ha...that word hehehe, I know the one you mean and would have sworn blind I could say it but I can let alone spell it even see Carol shes always using it the bloody anthropologist she is!

Not sure how we could do it as a race and not obviuosly do it individually hehehe but yep i get what your saying and agree totally!Its a fuckin constant irritant to me that people do not acknowledge this and keep locking horns over banal stuff , its linked to the 'how' peole think as oppose to the 'what' people think.........

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:04 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm going to start a new thread somewhere about this as we seem to be deviating away from EVPs .. and certainly with an example I want to give .. so I'll post the link to it when I do it!

(EDIT : viewtopic.php?f=30&p=57220#p57220)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:28 pm 
Underworld Minion

ah I was just going to comment on how your on best forum behaviour today but I've just realised why hehehehehehehe!!!

Back to evps!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:35 pm 
The Ferryman

Huh? Explain?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 pm 
Underworld Minion

this is the right thread, its an evp thing back to evps!!!!!!!!
What thread u htink it is????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm 
Elite Investigator

i'm sorry and i mean this in the nicest possible way, the whole subconscious hearing voices thing don't wash for me, what i do beleive may be possible, would be things being recorded out of our hearing range that we still can't hear on playback. other than that i believe evp to be on most occasions to be voices of the dead or from the imprint left behind from a time gone by.
i've had quite a few (what i believe) evp's from different locations in our area and some of them have been specific returns to my questions... so

you jay i think this fits the bill toom mate, it's just people giving there own interpretation of evp and an alternative out look although i disagree with it, but it's cool that others have their opinions :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 am 
Underworld Minion

good stuff Triplow nice to see someones got the balls to post what they think on this subject and not sit on the fence etc!

Have you had evp 'conversations' or are they specific answers to your question?
Are these on your site so I can have a listen to them, or can you get Jay to stick them on here?
Waht is it you dont like about the subconcious hearing voices thing, and what do you mean exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Experiments have shown that a healthy young person hears all sound frequencies from approximately 20 to 20,000 hertz."

Now my voice recorder is a digital one, has to be, its got 512mb ram built into it and doesnt take tapes.
Its sampling frequency varies depending on the audio quality you set but its between 200 and 7000hz

So that certainly means it only records in the range that humans can hear.

What it doesnt mean is that it wont record things that are imprinted other than through the microphone. Its digital, binary its all 1's and 0's you stick a few extra 0's or 1's in there and who knows what you are going to get?

Same with the tape ones, just because the microphone cant pick up at a certain frewuency doesnt prevent magnetic interference of the tape itself. Who knows, K2 meters are the new toy in ghosthunting, perhaps they are onto something?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am 
Underworld Minion

these recorders are designed to record voices hence the frequencies they record in, thats why some of them are marketed as 'voice' recorders. If they recorded outside the range of human hearing what would be the fuckin point hehehehehe, they are designed to pick up things we can hear not things we cant, they aint built especially for ghost hunting hehehe!

What do you mean about sticking a few extra 0's or 1's in there Anth, stick them where and where from?

Just wondered, are more evp's recorded on digital or tape ones does anyone know? Orbs a far more predominant on digital than film just wondering if there is a similar thing either way with the recorders?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
these recorders are designed to record voices hence the frequencies they record in, thats why some of them are marketed as 'voice' recorders. If they recorded outside the range of human hearing what would be the fuckin point hehehehehe, they are designed to pick up things we can hear not things we cant, they aint built especially for ghost hunting hehehe!

What do you mean about sticking a few extra 0's or 1's in there Anth, stick them where and where from?

Just wondered, are more evp's recorded on digital or tape ones does anyone know? Orbs a far more predominant on digital than film just wondering if there is a similar thing either way with the recorders?

OK digital is true or false, on or off, 1 or 0 thats called binary.
The same thing applies as with tape, outside interference could change the data flowing from the microphone to the memory of the voice recorder. This si because it is neither shielded sufficiently or encrypted. So it is open to changes.

if you have the binary for 0 which is 0 for example, and change it to 1, then the original data has lost its integrity, because it is no longer what was recorded via the microphone.

so a string of binary may look like this at the microphone:

but between the mic and the internal memory it becomes
its not the same and would change probably quite dramatically.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am 
Underworld Minion

I know binary Anth Pete gave me a good basic grounding in it, I'm wondering about the relevancy of what your on about going with it Anth or you could end up with all sorts but would you be able to trace what the source was, cos to me that seems to be the issue here, if these are ghost voices then how can we use these recorders not only to capture them but also interpret thier frequency etc?
Otherwise what is the point???
Just random voices will be always open to personal interpretation, to me I see little point in this cos its just carrying on the same loop of them that interpret is ghosts and them that dont!!!
Unless I'm missing something, which is absolutely probable when talking about technology where I'm concerned hehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 am 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
I know binary Anth Pete gave me a good basic grounding in it, I'm wondering about the relevancy of what your on about going with it Anth or you could end up with all sorts but would you be able to trace what the source was, cos to me that seems to be the issue here, if these are ghost voices then how can we use these recorders not only to capture them but also interpret thier frequency etc?
Otherwise what is the point???
Just random voices will be always open to personal interpretation, to me I see little point in this cos its just carrying on the same loop of them that interpret is ghosts and them that dont!!!
Unless I'm missing something, which is absolutely probable when talking about technology where I'm concerned hehehehe!!!

The relevance is that it is possible to record somehting that it outside its normal operating frequencies. Because we cant hear it we wouldnt know.

I cant see how we could trace any form of binary polution, it could come from anywhere. It could be as simple as a corrupt bit.

Same as holding a magnet to magentic tape can erase whats on there, what I am saying is the machines are not infallable, and the noises etc could be picked up from anwhere.
It doesnt render anything useless though, if you ask is anyone here, and the response is Yes I am here, it becomes unlikely that you miraculously managed to pick the correct response out of the myriad of data streams flowing around us everyday. So again it comes back to if we didnt hear at the time of recording, it doesnt mean it was never said.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 am 
Underworld Minion

with you on that Anth about how it can be interesting if we ask questions and get clear, not open to interpretation responses on the recorder which give clear answers to our questions but if the source is untraceable again, unless done in absolute controlled conditions they could be many possibilities for them. That they get picked up is not the issue....what they are seems to be so it would make sense to me to be leaving this kind of thing for note taking event recording and moving towards other things which hopefully can give us a clearer picture of where these ghostly noises are coming from, as oppose for just settling for what is telling us very little!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 am 
Underworld Minion

also they are rarely if at all fuckin ever clear as hell in a conversation, wonder if theres a term for us all interpreting the debatable noises we are straining to hear and decipher like there is for the visual stuff the paerolia thing or however its spelt?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 am 
The Ferryman

I've heard them described as 'auditory pareidolia' but I'm not sure if there's another word.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next