It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 am

Post subject: Oxbridge Cemetery may be worth another visit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

I was walking thru there two nights ago and as I walked over a few graves; as you do lol, I heard a Male voice shout my name. Then I started to throw up, and before you say it, I wasnt drunk nor had I touched a Beer for 3 days. I never get sick, nor do I ever puke up for no reason, so it was strange to say the least.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:50 pm 
Stone Thrower

intersting Mike, what do u mean another visit? have team been there or do u mean u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:14 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

sue wrote:
intersting Mike, what do u mean another visit? have team been there or do u mean u?

Yes we have all been there. Halloween 2006 I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

ahh yeah there! -- I liked that place kept getting pulled to graves n names etc -- deffo wanna go bk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:18 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

It was seriously weird. I might of actually gotten a bit scared if I wasnt desperate to get my Chinese meal home before it got cold.

Oh BTW, my Grandpa is buried there and I was very close to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 pm 
The Ferryman

Ahh .. where you near to his Grave? Thats a question that would need answering ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

yeah Mike esp if it was your name called????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:00 am 
Amatuer Investigator

Yeah I was about 20 ft away from his grave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:23 am 
Stone Thrower

why not go back then Mike with camera and just sit for awhile see if anything happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

wasn't that the place with the possibly drugged up people lol

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:24 pm 
Professional Investigator

Mike

Keep taking the medication ya on lol Nah Seriously Maybe it was in your mind as u were near your grandads grave or something, also was it windy?
Maybe u did hear him or someone say ya name, We dont know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:49 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

I think there is a rational explanation for it, but this is the second weird experience Ive had in the last two months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:26 am 
Professional Investigator

At least ya thinking rational first thats a good start

Post subject: Re: Oxbridge Cemetery may be worth another visit
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

sounds an interesting experience mike, keep think rationally though but never push what may seem impossible away :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am 
The Ferryman

Apparently there is a report of a sighting of the Oxbridge Cemetery haunting in the Northern Echo on the 7th March 1972, but I haven't tracked down a copy yet.

I also found this sighting on a local website that took place in the 80's.

"I once saw a family of ghosts in Oxbridge cemetery in the 1980's ! Years later I came across an old Northern Echo article in a book in the library and it reported that people in the 70's had seen the exact same thing ! Sounds silly but i swear i saw them. A man,a woman, a child and a dog...walking amongst the gravestones.They just disapeared in front of my eyes. It still sends shivers down my spine."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm 
Stone Thrower

By Dok you've done ya homework lol

a family of ghosts eh, that sounds good! which we could see something like that, Im sure we can head down there once the warmer weather arrives :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:07 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

sounds interesting, would be interesting to see the report in the echo

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 am 
The Ferryman

I know that cemeteries aren't supposed to be the most haunted places in the world but our region does seem the have it's fair share of them.

As well as Oxbridge cemetery there's the Ghost of the 'Red Lady' at Marton Churchyard and a 'ghostly bugle player' at Acklam cemetery.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:37 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi everyone ! Just stumbled across this website and im glad i did because that story you quoted about someone seeing a ghost family in Oxbridge Cemetery,well that was ME !
It happened when I was 15 or 16 in the early 1980's . I was with a group of friends just passing through there and yes,we saw this family walking amongst the gravestones.One of the lads said something funny and we all laughed and looked at him for a few seconds...no more than that...and that family simply vanished ! We were all shocked and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Then ,years later I came across a book in the library about local ghosts and history and there was a bit in there that said that the northern Echo had run an article in the 1970's about people reporting the exact same sighting , I almost passed out ! It really validated my experience.
The same story is mentioned in a book by Robert Woodhouse, called Haunted Stockton. He used to be my wife's teacher at school.
I have never forgotten that experience and never will.
I had one other experience which was even better than one but I won't mention it unless asked to do so, so that I don't bore you all.
This subject really fascinates me and Id love to have more ghostly sightings. I am not a person that believes that 'orbs' are ghosts or that ouija boards can contact the dead BUT, I DO think that there is more to this life than we know about and that we may somehow carry on in some form after physical death, in some way we just do not understand yet. I believe that one day science will discover what 'ghosts' are . we just do not understand these things yet.
I do not put much faith in things like EMF meters etc. People that think an EMF means there is definitely a ghost present drive me MAD. It doesn't mean any such thing ! All it means is that there is an EMF present .We cannot deduce from that that there is a ghost around ! At best an EMF meter can tell us that perhaps a strong EMF may cause us to have certain feelings of dread, fear or a presence etc. That is pretty much accepted by scientists worldwide now. So in that respect I guess it can be a useful tool.
EVP is interesting but cannot be trusted. There are far to many variables involved that can affect the recordings and humans tend to hear what they want to hear.
Neither do I trust so called 'psychics' I have seen thousands of them and every single one of them in my opinion is a liar or a cheat or is fooling themselves.There is no PROOF whatsoever that psychics can contact the dead,NONE.When psychic readings are carefully analysed it is clear that the 'psychic' is cold reading ,leading the client,asking lots of questions,guessing etc etc etc. ALWAYS .
I DESPISE groups that think sceptics are BAD people ! It is GOOD to be sceptical ! I question EVERYTHING ! Why wouldn't I ? All I ask for is PROOF. Scientific PROOF . I do not want to kid myself over things. If death is the end of us then I would rather know the truth of it .I am certainly not saying that ghosts do not exist ! I actually believe that they do but I want to know what they are ! I do not just believe they are the spirits of the dead.Maybe they are ...but I want PROOF.
I do not want to upset or offend anybody .All I am saying is that I desperately want proof of an afterlife.I rather look at things scientifically than guess or kid myself along.
I believe there are ghosts but I do not know what they are . I want to know !
I am sceptical of everything in life.I question everything.Anyone that doesn't do so is stupid in my opinion.
I applaud anybody that gets off their bum and goes out looking for ghosts and investigating.I just hope people do it in a sensible way and have an open mind.
My mind is open , I am VERY willing to be proved wrong in some of my beliefs . If it turns out that ghosts are the spirits of the dead then I will absolutely accept that.I hope that turns out to be the case one day because it would be wonderful.
All the best guys and thanks for letting me post here ,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 am 
The Ferryman

Hi M0hok,

Thanks for posting. I live very close to Oxbridge Cememtery so it's of particular interest to me. Don't worry about 'boring us' we love a new ghostly tale on here so feel free to share your other experience.

As for your thoughts about Orbs, Ouija, EMF, EVP, Sceptics vs believes etc. I could have almost written it myself as they are my sentiments too and the majority of NGI would agree.

It's a been a bit quiet on here over the last few years as most people have migrated to Facebook. I don't know if you have an account but if you do you could do worse than popping over to the NGI Facebook group where there's always something fun or controversial going on. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/49883968624/