It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 am

Post subject: Re: Back to Bowes .. 5th April, 2008
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:20 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

another one from kris think they call it the haunted corner?

Attachments:
bowes railway museum 070.JPG
bowes railway museum 070.JPG [ 52.73 KiB | Viewed 3503 times ]
bowes railway museum 050.JPG
bowes railway museum 050.JPG [ 64.79 KiB | Viewed 3503 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:32 pm 
Stone Thrower

Cool pics Danny -- can u send me any good pics like this for the display board that we are doing for Bowes (like the one in the castle Keep)...... also if any guests would like to add and pics thats great also we want to hear your own experiences (story / reports) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:08 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Hello again, just adding some pics from last week, sorry its took ages....

Attachments:
Bowes april 08 (15).jpg
Bowes april 08 (15).jpg [ 20.81 KiB | Viewed 3461 times ]
Bowes april 08 (4).jpg
Bowes april 08 (4).jpg [ 27.1 KiB | Viewed 3461 times ]
Bowes april 08 (3).jpg
Bowes april 08 (3).jpg [ 25.88 KiB | Viewed 3461 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:10 pm 
Someone Very Strange

The pics below are interesting........THE WORKSHOP

these show a lot of dust, but im going to add some more of the workshop which i took straight after each other........

Attachments:
Bowes april 08 (14).jpg
Bowes april 08 (14).jpg [ 20.8 KiB | Viewed 3458 times ]
Bowes april 08 (13).jpg
Bowes april 08 (13).jpg [ 21 KiB | Viewed 3458 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:13 pm 
Someone Very Strange

These were all took one after the other....some show orbs/dust/shine??.....others dont.

Attachments:
Bowes april 08 (72).jpg
Bowes april 08 (72).jpg [ 22.22 KiB | Viewed 3456 times ]
Bowes april 08 (71).jpg
Bowes april 08 (71).jpg [ 20.25 KiB | Viewed 3456 times ]
Bowes april 08 (70).jpg
Bowes april 08 (70).jpg [ 20.8 KiB | Viewed 3456 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:15 pm 
Someone Very Strange

more pics

Attachments:
Bowes april 08 (59).jpg
Bowes april 08 (59).jpg [ 21.49 KiB | Viewed 3456 times ]
Bowes april 08 (39).jpg
Bowes april 08 (39).jpg [ 18.27 KiB | Viewed 3454 times ]
Bowes april 08 (30).jpg
Bowes april 08 (30).jpg [ 19.81 KiB | Viewed 3454 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:17 pm 
Someone Very Strange

more pics

Attachments:
Bowes april 08 (62).jpg
Bowes april 08 (62).jpg [ 23.24 KiB | Viewed 3453 times ]
Bowes april 08 (61).jpg
Bowes april 08 (61).jpg [ 21.92 KiB | Viewed 3453 times ]
Bowes april 08 (60).jpg
Bowes april 08 (60).jpg [ 21.65 KiB | Viewed 3453 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm 
Underworld Minion

mad pics heidi - cant wait to see what the orb lot make of them when they see em!!!!
Love the one of the orb thats having a good look at Sues bum hehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:38 pm 
A Stiff

Hmm the Orb lot meaning me i suppose seeing as i'm pretty much the only one in the group who has any real interest in these. :lol: :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:07 pm 
A Stiff

I have an interest in orbs, I dont believe in them as such.

I think they can be easily explained and ive looked into them from both sides of the argument.

I used to believe they were first manifistation of spirit until i found out that it was Derek Acorah who came up with that!!
I tend to believe that most of the orbs caught on camera are because of flash, dust, insects etc etc.
Theyve only been in exsistance since the first digital cameras came out, before that they were few and far between and seen as just flaws on the piccy.

With the smaller pocket type cameras the flash is illuminating the area right in front of the lens cos it's so close, so any dust caught there will be out of focus and lit up, so you get an orb.
When the flash is on top of the camera the light cone is set to light stuff up further from the lens so even if it does catch dust it's too far away to come into focus cos it's too small.

There are some orbs which ive seen on piccys though that are slightly harder to explain by this theory, so therefore I sit well and truely on the fence!!! :mrgreen:

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Hi Bluebird.....just wanting to rack ya brains a little about the cone theory and the three pics ive put on in the Workshop (above) now those three were taken one after the other, how come the orbs have moved? and some of the really bright ones, are there in some pics, and not in others (or have moved aswell) Now i understand that some orbs will move....because dust and insects move. but what about the really bright ones? if thats to do with reflection then wouldnt there be really bright refelection orbs in the same place on all 3 pics?
also, i agree we do tend to pick up more orbs on our modern cameras with flashes, but we wouldnt have picked up orbs on the old cameras without flashes in the dark, back then if we took a photo in the pitch black, the developed photo would just be all black. The flashes we use today enables us to see in the dark. The orbs/dust etc whatever we are picking up would still have been there, we just didnt have the technology to show it.

Im in agreeance with you though with regards to orbs and still pretty much on the fence, they are so hard to prove.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 pm 
A Stiff

Introducing Grandad Orbione. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm 
Stone Thrower

hope u told him we'd be coming to meet him soon Wayne? -- yeah I did see that face b4 I scrolled down and saw ur drew one -- OMG Im losing it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:52 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Ok i was asked to keep notes for our group so this is what was picked up......

WALK ROUND WITH THE MEDIUMS (PAM AND VAL)
We all gathered in the Joinery Room Downstairs, where Pam picked up on the energy of a gentleman who was stood near, who worked the machines. A guest also said that he felt there was a male presence, he also mentioned a first name (which i wasnt able to hear).

We then made our way upstairs where the mediums asked if we felt anything ourselves or noticed a change of atmosphere around us. I was immediatly drawn to the double black doors again at the back of the room so i stood and took some photos, i then went to turn back towards the group as someone mentioned that they were getting a headache, when the motion detectors went off.....interesting!! as there was nothing/nobody around them at the time. The only thing inbetween the motion sensors was a trigger object experiment (a crystal).

We then walked through into the Workshop, the only thing i remember Pam mentioning in here was the name PATRICK. I couldnt pick anything up from in here so i stood and took photos.

We then walked through the Locomotive room into the Blacksmiths. Pam immediatly picked up on an accident that involved a group of about 5 people. I was pleased to hear that someone else had picked up the same as me the last time i came here. I felt that the energies of the men were around, watching us, but not exactly wanting to communicate. I did feel that i was wearing some sort of head gear....a helmet?? something on my head but very very tight, and a slow crushing feeling. When i mentioned that to Pam she said that she felt the man had his head severed

We all met back up in the main office again to get into our smaller groups. I was with Sue, kris, Danny, and 5 other guests.

1st Location - The Joinery (upstairs and downstairs)
We all sat for a little while but didnt seem to pick up on anything, so i decided to have a walk round and take some photos. I Then sat back down on the bench at the top of the stairs and i could feel myslef being pulled to go back downstairs. So i went down with Sue and Danny. Sue and I were both immediatly drawn to the doorway near the bottom of the stairs . The male energy was definitly next to us, but i found it really difficult to get anything else to be honest. Sue asked him to make a noise or throw something but nothing happened. We decided to head back upstairs and call out.

Standing in the corner.
When we went back upstairs Kris asked me to stand in the far corner to see if i picked up on anything. As soon as i stood there i felt the male energy very close. I would describe him as about 5ft 8, plump, in his 50's his hair would have once been ginger although it had a lot of grey and brown in it. It was very thick hair, wavey, but recedeing. He had a short pointed beard which was the same colour (ginger, brown, grey). His face was round and tired. he was an intelligent man. I saw him wearing a navy blue all in one overall suit, black hard boots. Sue and Kris asked me if i got a name with this man, as soon as they asked, i heard him say MATHEWSON......DONALD MATHEWSON. I felt that his passing wasnt that long ago, i got the date 1960's. I dont know why but i felt this man had something to do with politics too??? He feels angry, let down, betrayed. he said that it wasnt his fault, it was something that he didnt do, he feels he was cheated/blamed!!

2nd Location - The Workshop
Sue, Danny and 3 others from our group decided to have a go on the ouija board. I didnt go on it, but decided to take notes. They asked a few questions but again the was no response from it at all. Sue then decided to use the pendulum ...here are the results:

Is there a male spirit in the room with us? YES

is there more than 1 male spirit in the room with us? YES

Are there any Female spirits with us? NO

Are there any spirit children with us? NO

Are there 2 male spirits with us? YES

Will you be able to throw a stone for us? NO

Did you both work here? YES

Using the board in front of me, can you use the numbers for the date you passed? YES

What year did you pass? 7 AND 9

Was that 1979? YES

Did you work in this room? YES

Did you suffer from lower back pain whilst working here? YES

Have you passed the feeling onto some of the people here in the group? YES

Does the other male spirit want to come forward and talk? YES

Did you pass over with a heart attack? YES

On these premesis? NO

Can you throw some stones for us? DONT KNOW

Are you the one causing the activity down the bottom end of the room? NO

Are you lying?

Can you throw a stone for us? DONT KNOW.

AT THIS POINT OF THE PENDULUM COMMUNICATION, THE THERMOMETER 'BEEPED' . WE ALL HEARD IT BEEP. ALTHOUGH DANNY SAID THAT IT DOESNT BEEP, IT PHYSICALLY CANT BEEP!

Do you know if there is a spirit energy/dark shadow across the field where the railway lines are? YES

Is there a teenage spirit near the main gates? YES

Is it male? NO

Female? YES

Does she have ginger hair? NO

Does she have red hair? YES

Are you affecting the radios? NO

WE HAD TO END COMMUNICATION AT THIS POINT AS IT WAS TIME FOR THE GROUPS TO CHANGE.

Seyonce
All the groups joined up again and gathered into the Joinery room (upstairs) where we were told we would be doing the seyonce. We were then put into 3 groups (one upstairs with Val and 2 downstairs with Pam) I was in the group upstairs.

We all got into a circle and joined hands. Val then talked us through how to protect and ground ourselves and then went on to call out. She asked if anyone could sense anything, and for a while nothing happened. After a while i was shown a gentleman who was extremely well dressed. he had brown polished leather shoes, and a suit that was almost tweed looking (checks of browns and greens) A matching waistcoat wihich had a clock on a chain tucked into the pocket. He was smoking a pipe that dipped low (like a saxaphone shape) He has smartly combed brown hair. I could see him in amongst a celebration, standing on a platform next to a train, there was a brass band playing in the background. he was so proud of this day. He was a designer/ a creator. He had built something that was being launched on this day (Val said that he had built an engine). This was all i got from this man.

We then saw shadows at the top end of the room, next to the beams on the roof, then it looked like there was a light on, as if there was a candle flickering - the lady to my right also confirmed this. When danny turned around to look he said that his torch light was on, but he had turned it off prior to the seyonce....very strange

3rd Location - Locomotive Shed
We all walked round and took some photos first, then i set up a trigger object experiment on a train. I drew round a Tiger eye crystal, then left it till the end of the vigil.
Sue called out in the room, but we were left dissappointed again. I was then drawn to the room that had the very old, very big locomotives. I could feel a male energy in there and i didnt like it!! I felt as though females were not worthy to be in there, i felt very intimidated, it just wasnt a place where a woman should be. Kris moved the barrier for us to go in, but i felt very nervous, it took me a little while to get the confidence to go in. Kris walked in and said that he was picking up on a man who was very well built, really stocky. I took some photos but i only stood at the doorway, i just felt really intimidated...a sense of 'dont you dare take another step in here'. I felt my sleeve being tugged, i thought it was Kris, i thought he was gonna say something like come on we shouldnt really be in here, but when i asked him he said that it wasnt him! but there was no one else with us at this point. The others from our group came through, but just the men walked to the bottom. I didnt like being in there at all so i left to go in the little room inbetween the loco shed and the blacksmiths and took some more photos.....i could still feel the energy around, i was pleased to leave this room!
as we walked back through where the white loco's were, i had a look at the trigger object experiment i had set up at the beginning. and it had moved, only very slightly to the left though, and the crystal itself had turned clockwise. Looking back i should have really had a camera watching it to rule out anyone knocking it etc

4th Location - the Blacksmiths
This was the last location, and this time Val joined our group. Val and Sue and two other guests sat on the train/chair thing (sorry i have no idea what it was called) and Danny and I walked round the room taking photos. Val said that she felt as though something just walked through her and immediatley after (val hadnt even finished her sentence) Sue said that she felt as though something touched her shoulder. Sue said that she went freezing, and as i glanced to look at sue i saw what looked like a really tall thin figure standing right in front of Sue, facing her. It was a shadowy figure but looked as though this had skin!! i double looked but it had gone as quick as it came. i dont know what it was, or if i even saw it or imagined it. Its easy for your mind to start playing tricks, especially in the dark. I didnt see it again. Val then said that she had a metal taste in her mouth and as though someone grabbed her and made her sit up straight. Then Kris said that he thought the chair beside him had moved.

We did get the odd thing happen in here, but as soon as something happened and we called out, nothing else seemed to back it up. We all decided to go back to the main office as we werent really getting anything else, and people were getting cold and tired, so we headed back.

So that was our evening at Bowes, not a great deal again, nothing physical anyways. But there was quite a lot of other things picked up on. I will definitly go back again, i still think theres more to come at Bowes!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 am 
Stone Thrower

top marks heidi :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

thanks heidi :lol:

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 pm 
The Ferryman

I take it thats going to be your official team report Sue / Kris???? :wink:

Thanks Heidi - you get a house point!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

lol yes it is jay, if i have anything to add to it i will pm it to you in the next 2 hours, i've just got in from work so just need to get sorted lol. if within 2 hours i have not pm'd you anything then just take it that i have nothing to add :P

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:22 pm 
A Stiff

Heidi_AG wrote:
Hi Bluebird.....just wanting to rack ya brains a little about the cone theory and the three pics ive put on in the Workshop (above) now those three were taken one after the other, how come the orbs have moved? and some of the really bright ones, are there in some pics, and not in others (or have moved aswell) Now i understand that some orbs will move....because dust and insects move. but what about the really bright ones? if thats to do with reflection then wouldnt there be really bright refelection orbs in the same place on all 3 pics?
also, i agree we do tend to pick up more orbs on our modern cameras with flashes, but we wouldnt have picked up orbs on the old cameras without flashes in the dark, back then if we took a photo in the pitch black, the developed photo would just be all black. The flashes we use today enables us to see in the dark. The orbs/dust etc whatever we are picking up would still have been there, we just didnt have the technology to show it.

Im in agreeance with you though with regards to orbs and still pretty much on the fence, they are so hard to prove.

The cone theory is infact a fact. The flash on a camera goes from the camera and spreads out in a cone shape infront of it, and therefore producing a cone shape, and getting dimmer as it goes. Therefore things nearer the flash will be brighter than things further away.

Dust is everyhwere and moving constantly. We don't see it normally as it's too small and reflects too little light for it to become visible. A strong light is needed the light from a flash is incredibly bright as you'll know whenever someone points a camera in your face and takes a picture. :mrgreen:
It's enough to reflect off dust particles but the further from the lens that a thing is the less light it reflects and so the fainter it appears. You'll get more orbs on a compact camera cos the flash is a lot closer to the lens than on an SLR type camera which reduces the angle of reflection.

Dust comes in all shapes and sizes and is produced from all manner of things and each particle tumbles around as it's moved by the airflow. So the orbs that your camera picks up will also be different shapes and different colours as they reflect varying amounts of light. They appear generally round because of something called the "circle of confusion". This sort of describes how far away a tiny particle is outside the cameras depth of field or area of focusing. This circle of confusion can be seen on film also, for example when you photograph sunlight through the branches on a tree. The differing apertures caused by the closeness of the leaves and branches create variations in the focusing and so you get orbs of different sizes moving around. Unless you take photos quite rapidly in succession no two orbs will ever appear the same.

Sorry got carried away there, and now for an interlude, Men in Black is on right now!!!! I love that film, i think its the weird and wonderful creatures in it LOL

Right back to it!!!

Some people say that some orbs create there own energy and therefore create there own light.
And thats why there caught on camera.
But yet again this is another theory that can be simply explained.
If an orb is creating its own energy and photographed then we should be able to see it with our eyes!
A digital camera can only see what we see, nothing more apart from a small amount of Infra Red that gets through the filter. So if an orb is producing it's own light then we should be able to see it too, and more often than not, we dont.
Sometimes we can see the odd orb with our own eyes but IMO its down to some light, however small, being produced and a larger particle or an insect reflecting even a small amount of light, it catches our eye though because, one its moving and two its quite close up on our viewing range.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm 
Guest Investigator

God you sound almost intelligent there

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 pm 
A Stiff

Dont look people.......................FECK OFF. :mrgreen:

Sounds like your rubbing off on me!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm 
A Stiff

How did my grandad get inside that orb then , explain that one to me. :lol:

And no excuses like "I can't see it" :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:25 pm 
Underworld Minion

why does your grandad look like darth vader.....thats all I can see in there....and thats at a push.....heheheheheh!!!!
But I never see faces in stuff......

nice one for the report Heidi!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:55 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Hi again Bluebird....sorry i should have been a bit more specific.....i know most of what you have written, i was meaning, if you look at the pics i have sent above...the group of 3 pics of the workshop (3rd lof of pics down) I know the majority of the orbs on there are mainly due to dust. I know dust and insects move, but what about reflection? Does reflection move? I would have thought reflection (which would probably be off glass windows, lights, machinery etc) would be stationary, so the orbs that are caught off those would still show up as really bright orbs, but surely wouldnt move, but they have moved in the pics...or is this then down to the circle of confusion perhaps?...hmm i dont just think the circle is confused, ive confused myself lol :shock: hehe...im off to do some more reading about it.
Thankyou :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:08 pm 
A Stiff

Sorry heidi, I wasnt sure how much you knew so I thought id just put down my thoughts and then you would be able to maybe pick out the bits of interest.

This is how I see things.

If your standing in a dark room but you have an outside light source which is producing a reflection from sommit in the room, say a metal object, then IMO that reflected light wouldnt be strong enough to show up any orbs.
If a light was shining into a mirror though, it would be extremely bright and probably obscure any attempt at catching orbs.

You would have to use flash and then you cant say that its reflected light thats shown up the orbs because the flash will have gone off and show them up also, and will cancel out any reflected light cos its brighter.

Your camera is ideal for picking up orbs, just because of where the flash is.

This is my camera, well not mine but a picture of it. The flash flips up from just above where it says Fujifilm. Its no where near the lens so I have real problems catching any orbs at all. Plus the settings on this camera allow me to change how i take a picture, time exposures etc.
Ive tired no end of times to capture orbs with this camera and the only time i did i was pointing it into a crack in the curtains with the sun coming through it in a very dark room. And they were poor to say the least!
Probably if youd done the same with your camera in the same situation youd have got hundreds or orbs.
With your three piccys that are the same you will have used flash so you cant discount the theory that its the flash producing the orbs not the reflection!

Like you say those orbs you caught have moved but the reflection has stayed the same, but thats what dust does, it moves with even the slightest of breezes. Even just the movement of air will make dust float and move.

When me and pete were at the keep, we were up in the gallery and looked over. We were right above one of those huge bright lights. As we looked we could see dust particles floating in the air, loads of them. But when standing in the hall we couldnt see them or feel them, they just showed up in the light.
To me that just shows that even though someone says theres no dust there is, its all around us and moving all the time.

Im really not saying that all orbs are dust or insects etc etc, just the vast majority of them are explainable.

As for seeing faces and different shapes in orbs, if you put a piece of dust or lint under a high powered microscope thats what youll see. Its because of the components that go into making dust and or lint.

God sorry if ive gone on and you cant understand any of what ive put LOL
When i write stuff i understand myself but doesnt mean to say anyone else will :mrgreen: :mrgreen: