It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:52 am

Post subject: Bowes Railway Museum - 26th January 2008
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:42 pm 
The Ferryman

".. What happenned at this point shocked us all. A leaflet, with a childs face on it, fell from the roof above us and what sounded like a piece of wood was thrown shortly thereafter ..."

Enjoy a night at The Bowes Railway Museum with NGI - a very haunted location near Gateshead.

The nights events will start at 9pm with a short presentation about the history of The Bowes Railway museum as well as telling you about the paranormal activity that goes on within this 19th century railway yard.

Join our investigation which includes a walkaround with mediums, demonstration and full use of divination tools and methods and likewise with the gadgets of the Ghost Hunter and culminating with the overnight vigils right through til dawn in the most active locations at the yard.

We've been here before and had lumps of wood thrown at us, experienced dark foreboding presences and objects materialing out of thin air!

Hope that doesn't scare you off - join NGI at the Bowes Railway Museum!

http://www.northern-ghost-investigation ... .php?id=70

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:56 pm 
The Ferryman

This event is now SOLD OUT.

Post subject: Re: Bowes Railway Museum - 26th January 2008
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:30 am 
A Stiff

Well, it was an interesting place and I know some people had a great time, but I got nowt!

The high winds didn't help, nor the cold - but that's the chance you take.

Nice to meet the guests though - hope they all enjoyed it.

Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:50 pm 
Professional Investigator

When I was there last time I was with Mike and 2 guests and the best room for me was the blacksmith, We deffo had a big stone thrown, dont know where it came from but it was thrown with some force, But gotta think was it kicked, it was pitch black, Did it fall from somewhere? Also it was reported by a few of a white tall figure moving around the back of the room but was it with the dark and our eyes playing tricks. Apart from that like u Lee i found it the same not all that. *My View onlY* lol

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:05 pm 
The Ferryman

Sue and Kris' group had stones thrown at them in the blacksmiths too .. when they located them, they were all hot .. then whatever it had been started to follow them around and was throwing stones at them all night .. It must have been the deoderant Kris was wearing .... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:21 pm 
Stone Thrower

yep it was the best invest for action from spirit for me ever, as in "physical action", all stones that got thrown were red hot and we checked everything possible for where these stones could have been coming from.when we asked spirit to throw them they did!!! very good night indeed, but yes very cold and windy :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:27 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Jay wrote:
Sue and Kris' group had stones thrown at them in the blacksmiths too .. when they located them, they were all hot .. then whatever it had been started to follow them around and was throwing stones at them all night .. It must have been the deoderant Kris was wearing .... :mrgreen:

not my fault it found me attractive :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously it was a good night for me i picked up on a few things the stones being "thrown" was interesting too especially since they were warm and then when i picked up other stones which hadn't been thrown they were freezing

aye windy and cold but thats a prie we have to pay sometimes i guess

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:06 pm 
A Stiff

I think they threw stones to get shot of you Kris! :wink: But you wouldn't go so they kept trying. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:25 pm 
Underworld Minion

It seems to have been a mixed night! The most active place for me personally was the Joinery,both upstairs and downstairs. Experiencing both the radio and the EMF meter going off for no obvious reason,especially hearing the male voice talking through it was probably the highlight.
In the other areas I didn't really get much,and the eagerly awaited Blacksmiths room proved to be the least active of all (for me!).
The stone throwing is very impressive;I would have loved to experienced this!(not jealous at all ,honest!hehehe)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:28 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Lee wrote:
I think they threw stones to get shot of you Kris! :wink: But you wouldn't go so they kept trying. :D

and why would they want shot of me lol :lol: :D

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:15 am 
Breezy Draft

I didn't get a lot through the night, though I have only checked a bit of my camera footage. The main point for me was in the upstairs room above the joinery, where I got the feeling of someone pulling me back by my neck, almost choking me. It was quite scary, but only seemed to be in one spot. Sharon got a few answers with the pendulum, which told us it was a male spirit in his twenties, who was murdered in the area. Although I got the feeling like he'd been dragged backwards out of the area and possibley died downstairs.

In a couple of the locations I felt slightly uneasy, but in the room with the slabbed floor, i felt very calm.

Using the ouji board we did pick up a presence claiming to be a man called Michael in the locomotion shed, who had died down the pit and suffercated.

Overall it was a great night, The wind was bad, but other than that it was very interesting. Both me and Paul enjoyed ourselves throughly.

We would love to do another investigation with NGI, and at the moment we are considering the Castle keep one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:56 am 
Stone Thrower

Yeah the Keep is a great location be good if you guys make it there,

its interesting how you say you felt you were being pulled back as carl did during the seance in the same room too
:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm 
Someone We Know

I had a very good time last night. I thought the investigation went really well. Shame about the weather. I was a bit freaked out when Bekki told me she felt a choking sensation in the museum room above the joinery. She also said that she din't like that room. As for myself, I didn't pick up on much, but the locomotive shed made me feel a bit on edge. The experiments were also good too.

To finish off, I would like to say thankyou to the NGI team for making this possible especially Carl? who nearly fell over in the group seance (hope it didn't spook you out too much) and I hope to take part in the investigation at Castle Keep, Newcastle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 pm 
The Ferryman

I got the sense, in the joinery (upstairs), of 'someone' stood watching us the corner. When I first went up there - before I got that sense - a torchlight from someone in our group briefly flashed in that corner and for that instant, I could have sworn someone was stood there .. but then it was gone ..

So later, when I was wandering around while our group was doing a small circle, I wandered over to that corner again, and as I approached - I got that sense of dread and a feeling of not wanting to go any further towards the corner .. I mentioned it to Steve in our group who is sensitive to these things and he he confirmed he was sensing the same thing - tho he described it as a man in the corner who kept 'rushing' out of that corner towards us and then slinking back into it ..

It was in this location, of course, where we getting the static being piped through the walkie talkie we had (during the seance it briefly piped up also if your remember and at one point earlier during our vigil there, a male voice which we couldn't discern came through ..) although upon checking, no one else with the walkie talkies claimed to have used them during that period ..

So a note to Sue and Kris .. make sure you take note of the sound on the video when my group was in the joinery and check if any EVPs could be picked up within the static ..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:48 pm 
Stone Thrower

kk, interesting that about the corner of the room --- one of our guest felt the same -- she walked so far into it and just burst into tears!!!! bless at least she tried.... also Kris went over to see if he could feel anything Im sure he'll let you know how that went :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:18 pm 
Stone Thrower

Here's a few more pics from Bowes :wink:

Attachments:
suepic3.jpg
suepic3.jpg [ 63.61 KiB | Viewed 4434 times ]
suepic2.jpg
suepic2.jpg [ 80.52 KiB | Viewed 4434 times ]
suepic1.jpg
suepic1.jpg [ 57.2 KiB | Viewed 4435 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm 
The Ferryman

Sue - I've resized these pics for you ...

Take a read of this thread and make a note of the bit on resizing your images .. :wink: .. as these were a tad big .. both in actual size and file size .. which not only use up too much space on the server, are slow loading but also whack all the format of the forum out .. 800x600 max size for your pics please!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:33 pm 
Someone Very Strange

First of all id like to echo what others have said, and say it was a very good night with NGI, and we will most likey be going to the keep (wanted to go to the charity one with Richard Felix but that date is not possible for us unfortunatly) anyway, im pretty happy with what was picked up. I understand there wasnt as much picked up as your last investigation, but then again you can visit a location many times and you'll never get the same things happen.

For me, it was the first time i have opened up in a long time. It was during the seyonce that i picked up on a lady. She was in her late 30's early 40s. Wearing a long light grey dress with long sleeves, a white apron which was very neat /crisp looking and a white hat that looked like a bonnet which tied under the chin. She had brown hair tucked into her hat. She was scrubbing an outside step, which gave the impression that she was cleaner, although im not sure if she worked there or just linked to someone who worked there?? I was given the date 1876, and she was saying 'mah boy, mah boy'.
She gave the name John Reid (yeah I know, not exactly uncommon but thats the name i was given). She then showed herself holding a flowerr. A long stem with no leaves with a white flower (Inbetween a daisy and an Aster in size) She then smiled .....thats all i got from her.

In the workshop i also picked up on an elderly man wearing a flat cap, who was also involved with very tall horses. I felt he was struggling to work due to ill-health. I (very strongly) felt back pain from this man who i felt was stooped over a lot pushing a cart. I was drawn to one spot, where steve was drawn to later on. I wasnt given a name at this point, just a sense of trying to do right for his family.

Later on i was given the name Malcolm or Mall-ware....i have no idea what that means lol.

In the 2nd last room we went to (cant remember the name now) there was certain hot and cold spots, and every so often we'd pick up on a stench. I felt there was a few spirits there but none wishing to make contact, just watching us. I felt as tho there had been an accident in there with a young man...i felt the back of my neck go very very hot, like something sharp went into it.

Well thats about it, im very pleased with what i sensed(for me personally). It would be great if anything was confirmed, although i havnt really got much info to start with with. What would have made my night complete was to be able to of seen something with the naked eye....one day!! :D All in all though a very good evening, and was great to have met you all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

firstly i would like to thank all the guests who were there...
secondly i wold like to thank eddie and his son for turning up, and thank you eddie for making me work to get the answers in that corner

as sue said here is what happened.......

one of our guests (sorry i am real bad with names) didn't like a corner, i believe she said she felt like there was something there, eddie turned to her and said lets go there then, well me in true fashion was off like a shot to the corner before he had finished speaking, unfortunately the guest couldn't make it all the way and burst into tears - no shame in that it was the spirit doing it as far as i am concerned-

well i faced right into the corner infront of me was an old trolley (possibly for moving large heavy items in them days) i could feel that there was a man there who didn't like women,
eddie asked me what i felt i told him and he told me to ask why, i then felt it was a case of because of his mum, it felt like she had not been that nice to him, so he had a hatred of women.
i was stood there staring into the corner with my hands on the trolley, i told him he was a coward for trying to scare women and all of a sudden the trolley wobbled and it felt like he had lunged at me, well i don't scare easy (or maybe i am just stupid lol )so i just stood there.
every now and then this feeling of being rushed at would come over me and the trolley would wobble in my hands. i was well chuffed with this as this is what i was after, i know it wasn't me wobbling the trolley. in the end i said that if he wanted me to get out of his space and away from the corner then he would have to show himself to me, i stood there and i did see a shadow taller than me appear so true to my word i thank him and walked out of the corner.
the only picture i got in my head while i was in the corner was of a male figure in a blue uniform of sorts with a blue porter style hat on. he had a mustache.

well there we go........
other than that we had the stones being thrown where ever us and our guests went, that has never happened to me before so i'm wondering was it the guests they didn't like lol?

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:09 pm 
Someone We Know

thank you very much kris.greig and i thouroughly enjoyed the night it was a pleasure to work with the group and the public who had attended.
the incident in the corner was fabulous and well done in being so fearless and experiencing it.
both greig and myself look forward to the chance of working with the ngi again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm 
Stone Thrower

Im sure you will be Eddie, and Im so glad you and Greig enjoyed it -- was good of you guys to travel so far, so a big thank-you from me too :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:10 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Thank-you to NGI for a good night - especially Sue and Kris who spent the evening with us. We have attended events with other groups but not witnessed events like those that took place. Our first room (locomotives) was very quiet but once we went to the Blacksmiths things kicked off. The stone throwing started within 5 minutes of entering the room. Everyone was in view, the roof was weather tight and there was no explanation that the group could think off. The stone throwing followed us throughout the night ans was prehaps even more active in the joinery room where 10/12 stones were thrown and light anomalies appeared on photographs.
My wife was the guest who cried when she approached the corner in the hayloft, she was terrified of going towards the corner.
Thanks again for a good night, we hope to attend another night with you asap depending on our calendars.

Kirk & Teresa. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am 
Stone Thrower

Hi Kirk & Teresa, well first of all we have to thank you guys for being great guests!! As i said to you lot that night if we dont get anymore good activity like that night with you then we'll be dragging you out again lol :wink: .... I just wish the other grps got what we got too.... feel free to post any good pics on here too -- there was a really good one with the orange in, that looked very interesting, and a stone was threw seconds before that pic was taking if I remember right. But all in all it was a very good night indeed and it will be great to see you guys again on another investigation :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i will second that - our group were great... and they will have to come out with us again.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm 
Professional Investigator

When i was there 2006 gotta say the blacksmith was errie to me but not for everyone.. i think outside in the grounds were good as well as they haev all the old bits there too dont they?

The Mind is a Powerful tool