It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:15 am

Post subject: Is there a difference ...
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm 
The Ferryman

.. between a bunch of people running around and believing that the government is out to "get us", staring at the skys saying we've been sprayed, claiming that 911 was an inside job, the JFK was done in my the CIA, that we didn't go to the moon etc etc etc

and ..

A bunch of people running around looking for ghosts (whether sceptics or believers)

Why does one bunch get a "bad press" (The Conspiracey Theorists) and the other (paranormal investigators / ghost hunters) gets TV programs devoted to it on cheap TV Channels, becomes like a cult hobby and everyone you speak to wants to hear your stories .. .

Post subject: Re: Is there a difference ...
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:49 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

depends on the people, i think its because there is more intrest in something they cannot see , rather than going into politics :)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:27 pm 
Underworld Minion

some could claim that yes,there is, because if the conspiracies are true then there will be objective cold hard 'evidence' that could be found...........so there are things which can be searched for and investigated

The paranormal is by its broadness and the majority of the nature of the 'experiences' much more subjective as a lot of it is experienced individually to that person.....which makes 'cold hard evidence' a lot harder to find as its always basically down to 'interpretation'...........no one really has a clear idea of how any cold hard evidence is going to present itself.....or the true cause of that.....so its in some ways a case of looking for an cartoon invisible needle in a haystack as big as China made up of peoples dumped and squished for many years rubbish.......

I htink the conspiracists get a far better press than the ghosthunters..........they get drama programs where they are made out to look cool and sexy and brainy and 1 step ahead.............whilst the ghosthunters get MH and Taps.....................

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

or for entertainment purposes only? well mh is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:34 am 
Scaredy Cat

I can't help but be really rubbed the wrong way when conspiracies are lumped in with the paranormal. It gets kinda Dale Gribble-ish. I try to look at the paranormal with a scientific approach, like the evidence for bigfoot or aliens or whatever. I guess I could just be kidding myself though.