It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Post subject: Are Conspiracy Theorists lazy politicians?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm 
Professional Investigator

This came up in conversation with my nearest and dearest and thought that there might be some truth in it.

Conspiracy theories are pseudo politics for people who would be better off investing their time and energy into real politics. If something can't be done about a world event that we have no control over we can feel better about not getting involved. In truth if we put as much effort into solving real world problems than ones that David Icke proposes the world would be a better place.

Why waste time wondering if there was a moon landing or not when the world is being destroyed by mass industry and you can actually do something about it such as boycotting products and active protest, thats basically the message.

Its because your life would have to change, you would have to get off your arse and do something. Its much easier to gripe about shadows on a photograph from your armchair than become a Father For Justice or a Suffragette.

Please discuss?

Post subject: Re: Are Conspiracy Theorists lazy politicians?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 pm 
Underworld Minion

i def will do when i back online John!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 am 
The Ferryman

The thing is tho John, a lot of these "theories" have a large element of truth about them. Take the "elites ruling the world through the banking industry" .. theres little doubt that this one is in the "more true than not" bucket .. in which case, they control the creation and flow of money which makes it difficult for a lot of people to do something when they have to work their balls off, to earn money to pay the bills and to have the things needed to live.

Ok, we could all go and live in a field and eat grass and mud - but where would that get us? They'd probably put a tax on grass and mud and we'd be back to square one... Its highlighting these theories and bringing them to peoples attention which will eventually bring about change once a critical mass of people are aware of whats going on.

Yes, a lot of them are hot air but as the saying goes, throw enough stones and eventually you'll hit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 am 
Underworld Minion

yeah, I def go along with the fact that there are so fuckin many 'armchair activists' these days who post endlessly on forums, and debate this that and the other, yet do fuck all in thier everyday lives in any way shape or form to actually get off thier arses and do something which can change stuff,lot of 'victim mentality' type personalities seem to favour this type of thing, where they can gripe and moan and rant and rave then say ''ah, they have the control its pointless us doing anything actually about it''.............always want 'someone/thing' to 'blame' or give them an excuse as to why they feel thier lives or shit or they have no control over them...........

fuckin bollox,lovely to rant and moan and quote facts and statistics.....but if they were that bothered they'd be trying to do more than 'spread the 'truth'' one would imagine........????

Fuck all to do with mud huts.....so many things that can be done.....................yet seems most people would shit thier pants if the things they moaned about actually did change..............cos thier lives would change...............seems to me that them who really do want change do get up from behind their pc's and do stuff, and the clever ones keep most of that off the internet!!!!!!!!!!!

Nowt wrong in discussing things and putting up things so people can see whats going on and make up thier own minds...........but when thats a substitute to hide behind instead of actually doing anything......I'm sure a lot of people think that by posting on forums they are doing something'....fair enough, they are I suppose........but however much something is talked about, its only direct action which brings about actual effect..............

Same in all things I think tho John,there will always be the people who will talk the talk....and wear the slogans.....but reinforce wholeheartedly that which they purport to want to bring down/change/whatever...........in all aspects of things,however thank fuck for the smaller group of people who do get off thier arses and stand up and do what they do to actually bring about some change,not just talk bout it.

Direct action...........always!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 am 

At the end of the day we all know that their are conspiracies... Watergate being a prime one. But the whole David Ickes thing pangs of a blame culture without getting on with what really matters.
Real conspiacies are things such as how nut production in the Staes and mass farming cause third world countries to be out priced for their own produce and keeps them in debt to western nations. Or even the rainforests being contstantly destroyed for cocaine production, the governments public face being to stop it to keep the US on side but then building art sculptutes in the centre of the town celebrating coke production. All those things are true... Reptilian royal family members seems like a waste of time.
A much ignored conspiracy is the tabloid culture in this country, The people that write the things are writing for a political stance held by an advertising demographic to sell advertising space in their newspapers. If you take The Sun and The Mirror the majority of pages are adverts, then gossip and only approx one page to any news which then is so sensationalised that it generaly causes the public opinion to be explosive. These things also affect the reading ability of people and control their views. Its madness because the journalists don't even necessarily agree with the bollocks that they print.
There was a guy from The Sun in The Gaurdian the other day talking about incorrect headlines... things such as the wrong president being announced after the election etc. This guy openly admitted that getting the headline wrong sells more papers, because they are more sensational and more intriguing. Therfore its in the tabloids interest to print untruths so that they can sell more advertising space to the demographic audience. Its a common error that people hold that the cost of the newspaper being printed is within the cover charge of the paper... its not; its really from advertising. The price of the paper is a bonus, hence them now shoving DVD's etc in them for the 20p cover charge.
Of course they can be manipulated by politicians too, hence Blair courting The Sun in 97 and switching them from being pro Tory to Pro Labour and that famous Sun Headline; 'It was The Sun Wot Won it'.
Its horrible to think that a government can be decided by such a shite thing as a tabloid as opposed to be people thinking for themselves.
This is why I don't read newspapers. The best thing to do is to remove yourself from their loop because they are dangerous and do not have your personal interest at heart. They should be informative not propagandist to sell advertising space to dirty phone chat lines or ringtones.
I can't get my head round the fact that people want to be condescended by them.
My point is that yes there are conspiracies out there, but again people are blind to them and won't give ahoot, get off their arses and remove themselves from the loop.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:38 am 

The conspiracies aren't Area 51 and Nazi's secretly running the world, it's Tesco and Walmart/ASDA forcing people out of business and exploiting porr countries. If people stopped buying their cheap shit clothes they could do something but instead they'd rather do sod all but whinge from an armchair about illegal immigrants. If businesses like treated third world countries fairly and they could afford to run themselves with decent standard of living... bingo less illegal immigrants. Not ther's a huge amount anyway because all that flap is being scanalised by tabloids to sell advertising.
'Its a nice catch that catch 22'

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:17 am 
Underworld Minion

whether the repltiles are real,whether all of the other things are ture or not there are day to day things which people can do to change the world and stop this 'manipulation' and tyhe shit etc.....but its much easier for them to harp on bout the reptiles and stuff and then say its too fuckin big for them to do owt cos whats the point eet cetc etc......then carry on enjoying the shit they harp on bout,cos the fact that they spend so much time harping on bout it shows a 'neeed' for it........people want this big manipulation thing which they are 'powerless' to chenge as an excuse for them to do fuck all which they can do to alter things..........fuckin mad.