It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:06 am

Moon Landing - Was it real or was it a Hoax?
Poll ended at Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:07 pm
Real 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Hoax 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
don't know 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Moon Landing - Was it real or was it a Hoax?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:07 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

For thirty seven years now the debate has raged; did the United States put men on the moon or did they perpetuate a grand hoax and film the event on earth as a propaganda campaign against the Soviet Union?

From the time the first pictures of the Apollo 11 mission were publicized, people have scrutinized them and tried to point out alleged inconsistencies that "prove" it was faked. Led by authors David Percy and James Collier, the conspiracy theorists have had a field day with shadows, reflections and glare. They have picked at minutiae and used their theories as gross proof. To counter these accusations, scientists and photographic "experts" have built elaborate tests to show how these seeming discrepancies could be merely misunderstood aspects of the photographic art. Image

For example we will start with the first large claim by the conspirators; that despite the airless vacuum of the lunar environment there were no stars showing in the photographs. The makers of the Hasselblad cameras used have tried to explain that in order to photograph the astronauts in such a glaring environment your exposure time would of necessity be too short to pick up the minute light of background stars. They insist that the only reason the Earth showed up was because of the intensity of the light reflected from it and its proximity to the moon.

Another point that the debunker's try to use is the seeming different directions that shadows point in some of the photographs. This has been attributed to the normal visual difference between a two dimensional representation and its three dimensional subject. It has been shown that in the photographs used to "prove" the hoax, one figure is standing on a slight rise therefore making the shadow fall off a bit to the right of his position as it stretches down the slope while the other figure is positioned on a flat area and gives the impression of his shadow going in another direction.

Another point the theorists make is how details in the shaded areas of some of the figures "proves" there was more than the one light source of the sun. Again, it is easily shown that the cause of these so called anomalies is merely light reflecting off the rather whitish surface of the moon itself.

Some of the moon landing sceptics have even gone so far as to say it was all fake because the Lunar Rover was too big to fit into the Landing Module. This theory was quickly debunked by the mere showing of the footage where it was taken out of its storage compartment. The Rover was built to fold up into a small package and had to be "unfolded" and assembled on the spot much like a puzzle cube or a "Transformer" action figure.

Admittedly, it is a provident idea to "question authority". Governments don't always have the best interest of the governed at heart and have been caught up in dodgy dealings before. Before making vast claims of "Conspiracy" and "Cover Up" it is provident to put these theories to the test and make sure some simple explanation hasn't been overlooked.

So it is within a 99.9% probability that the Apollo moon landings were real and took place as reported. There is still one "conspiracy theory" that seems to be constantly overlooked. NASA is the civilian space program and has done wonders with the budget allowed it. Why does no one seem to try and find out if there is a "military" space program with much better funding and possibly astounding results if we were to only know about it.

what are peoples views on this?

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:04 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

I reckon the landing are fake

where is the blast crater beneath the lander when the thrusters slowed down to land

carl@northern-ghost-investigations.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:31 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Q on the polls are we saying yes/no it a hoax or real

anyway there is alot of debate on this, looks real, but the stuff come up with is quite interesting, makes you think. um Im not sure on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:50 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

if you look at some of the photos the camera crosshairs disappear behind the object

should they not all be infront as they are on the camera lens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:34 pm 
A Stiff

filmed in a big warehouse probably. :lol:

everyone knows the moon is made of cheese so it can't be true. :P

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:30 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

wolf06 wrote:
Q on the polls are we saying yes/no it a hoax or real

yeah sorry about that its yes its real no its a hoax

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:07 am 
Site Admin

I believe they have been.

Dont see what they would get from faking it. Well obviously Russia beat the US into Space, but if it was ever found out that they faked it, the humiliation would be more than if russia made it to the moon first.

We know how Cameras work in Earths Atmosphere and gravity. The moon as we should all know is not the same as Earth. So can any one of us predict how a camera will function when exposed to high radiation levels, 1/3rd gravity and light that is not filtered by an atmosphere?

Nope I cant either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:31 am 
Stone Tape Recording

I said I dont know and that is the truth as i dont know and no one knows apart from the people involved! If its a hoax they went to a lot of trouble then again if its real maybe they should do day trips to the moon to prove to everyone! but when we see on Tv the space shuttle go up into the sky and if it dont go to the moon then where does it go. I went to America when i was 15 and visited the kennedy space centre and saw a rocket go up it was amazing to watch but if it didnt go right up into the sky where did it go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:20 pm 
Someone Very Strange

I just thought are something, is the hoax for the video or the actual event

Maybe they did go, but they had problems with video and Cam, so as it was big thing they staged the video and photos on earth while you listned to the actual recording, they did go, but you saw the hoax video.

so maybe
Event real
Photos/video hoax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

they might have been to the moon since,
they don't always go to the moon when they go, sometimes they just go and orbit round planet earth doing tests etc (as far as i am aware anyway lol)
the only reason why i ask is it a hoax as its a conspiracy theory thats been round for years and they have covered up worse things than this before...
but as you have rightfully said andrea the only people who know are the people who did it :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

The last moon landing was in December of 1972. The appollo 17 missions. They spent 72 hours on the moon in an area known as Taurus-Littrow valley.

We also need to remember that Someone, in 1969, setup the laser reflector on the surface of the moon. It is doubtfull that in 1969 that this could have been done remotely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 pm 
Guest Investigator

One question I have is who put the camera in place to show Neil Armstrong coming out of the module? Cameraman in warehouse? Probably

sharon@northern-ghost-investigations.com
http://www.euphoria4u.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

sharon wrote:
One question I have is who put the camera in place to show Neil Armstrong coming out of the module? Cameraman in warehouse? Probably

There was a remote camera, apparently activated by armstrong as he descended the ladder.

Obviously mans first steps on another planet/world where of significant historic importance that they would want them captured on film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:55 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

thats a very good point sharon, maybe they had been out all ready? :lol:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:06 pm 
Guest Investigator

Maybe it was the aliens helping them :roll: :roll: :!: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:24 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

they were just passing in their craft etc.... :wink:
and took some holiday snaps hey?? :roll:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:26 pm 
Guest Investigator

That's why they faked the moon landing, they found aliens up there :!: :!: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:19 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

ah but are they the aliens or are we?

anyway back to the subject....
were the first moon landings that were "televised"
a hoax or did they really happen? :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:34 pm 
Guest Investigator

it's like mh, entertainment, so they've got to make it look good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:48 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

could have been Sharon

there are always going to be people saying it was fake and some saying it was real but there are only a few who know and they will not tell us will they

The Russians were closer to landing on the moon. The Americans had been having problems and lost a few Astronauts so I believe but suddenly they got there and won that round of the Cold War.

How convienient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:05 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm in the 'probably' but don't really know crowd on this one. As someone mentioned above - if they got caught out doing it - it would have been far worse public relations wise than letting the commies beat them to it.

So that first time? Well, probably .. maybe the photo's and such were touched up afterwards and hence the anomolies ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

good point Jay

They probably made it to the Moon even walked on it but many years later. To me it is hard to believe that they landed on the Moon (not went into Space) with a craft that had less power no less electronic power than this computer that I am writing this message on !!!

In 1969 my view is that there was a fake but not nowadays if there was a Moon walk it would be real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

carl-ngi wrote:
good point Jay

They probably made it to the Moon even walked on it but many years later. To me it is hard to believe that they landed on the Moon (not went into Space) with a craft that had less power no less electronic power than this computer that I am writing this message on !!!

In 1969 my view is that there was a fake but not nowadays if there was a Moon walk it would be real

What would be needed to get a giant missile to the moon?
What sort of computing power?
Wouldn't it be all Maths, which does not actually require a computer?

OK then, the speed of sound, do you realise that plane build of wood and canvas broke the sound barrier in a dive during WW2? where was the technology there? this thing had direct input from the pilot, no computers and no hyrdaulics (which is why it smashed into the ground) the machine didnt even have a fuel injected engine!!!!

What about the Germans launching ballistic missiles with nothing but a fuel supply and a gyroscope in them. They still hit London.

Like I said the ability to enter space has been around since the 1940's. The problem was getting them back from space safely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:33 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

all good points Anth

to break the sound barrier while in a dive is very different than breaking it going up when you have all that air resistance. not much air resistance when you are going down is there

freefall due to gravity is 9.8 meters per second that is unaided what would it be with a jet engine behind it?

I respect your views Anth
I hope you respect mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:26 am 
Site Admin

carl-ngi wrote:
all good points Anth

to break the sound barrier while in a dive is very different than breaking it going up when you have all that air resistance. not much air resistance when you are going down is there

freefall due to gravity is 9.8 meters per second that is unaided what would it be with a jet engine behind it?

I respect your views Anth
I hope you respect mine

I respect everyones views, dont have any problems with that whatsoever.

As a kid, I was fascinated with the exploration of space, I'm only 31, so I missed all the great adventures really.

what I am trying to say is that in this day in age of super computers and amazingly fast home computers, its easy to slip into a trap where we think the world cannot do anythig without the most up to date technology. In actuall fact, the uptodate technology has hindered us, made us lazy.

Look at the precision engineering that was required to build and refine the jet engine. All done by hand, there were no CAD packages and laser cutters out then.

Look at the development and succesfull service of the worlds first and todate ONLY serviceable supersonic passenger airliner.

Look at the invention of the hovercraft, all done without computers. So getting to an area of space containing the moon, landing on the moon and then having enough fuel to burn and then subsequently coast back to Earth orbit, whilst challenging was not impossible.

The Shuttle and the appollo rockets do not need to travel at massive supersonic speeds to escape earth gravity, the force is still only 1G. The same as it is when it first lifts off the pad. The same force that is exerted on a little cessna light aircraft, same force on us as we jump into the air.
I dont know why they reach those massive speeds, perhaps its all to do with energy, and the fact that they are burning massive amounts of fuel.