It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 am

Post subject: Chillingham Castle - Saturday 19 February 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:16 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Chillingham Castle - Saturday 19 February 2011
The night was dry and cold. We all made our way to Chillingham Castle on a couch. All on the couch was excited and we all talked alot of many things.

This was another Butterwick ghost hunt which had Richard Felix and Ian Lawman hosting the night. I was both excited and a little nervouse as I was asked to lead a team with 2 members of Northern Ghost Investigation (NGI) ghost team which I accepted with no questions asked.

As we got to Chillingham castle we could see that it was indeed very active and the atmosphere of the place was amazing with all oil flamed lamps lit around the courtyard. I went over to where the NGI team where resting and got introduced to the members who I didn't know. Carol and myself went to the torture chamber to look around.

I was teamed up with John and Mark Smith and we were team A, so we waited as all the people who was listening to Richard and Ian's talk came down to the courtyard to join their teams for the night. We had around 15 in our group and we all began our journey up to 'The Great Hall' where Ian Lawman began the night with a seance and asked for us all to say what we get.

I picked up on a lady in a light pink gown with black hair to the neck and a very proud lady she was, she didn't care what happened to the prisoners below as she said 'they deserve it.' Another lady in the group picked up on a lady in a white nighty or summer frock. I looked at a chair which I felt should of been a rocking chair, which many people agreed with. A lady was drown to a corner of the room where she could see a female, so myself and her went over to the corner to see if we could pick up on anything else.

We had to leave to our next destination, the chapel where we were joined by a man who knows alot about the castle. I picked up on names of Eleanor and Shannon. John picked up on many names including Elizabeth. I then said I could feel a cold draft as it was walking up and down the aisle which was close to the floor. I then said I felt like hangings, but in a chapel I don't understand that.. We had the guy confirm that there was an Eleanor in the chapel, a girl that had been raped in her formed life and would often hide in a corner of the chapel, friendly spirit who would try and mess the books up. Then he confirmed that the chapel was not always a chapel and he did say that hangings where very close to the room. He also said there was a dog spirit which walked up and down the aisle at times.

Next part of the hunt was 'The Minstrel Gallery' where we done a little table tipping. I asked spirit to come close and one of the tables started tipping back and forth, but when I got to the part of calling them cowards and haven't got the gots to tip the table more the table stopped. Maybe spirit went in a huff with me or something. John came downstairs from the balcony and he fell down the last 3 steps. He said he was fine, but Mark did say that their has been reportings of people being pushed down them steps, but John doesn't think he was pushed and he did say he had a headache for some reason too..... who would know was this all to do with spirit?? Apparently many people feel like jumping off the balcony, John did say he felt like jumping onto the chandiliers.

Next room was the 'King Edward 1st room' where we had some dowsing crystals to use with some good proof. We put them down and got a small chair to try a little tipping with, but nothing much happened. We then joined hands and done a seance, the lady to my left laughed, then she had to leave the room. I went after her and asked if she was alright, when I looked in her face I could see tears in her eyes. She had no idea about what had happened, she said to me she was crying for some reason, she said to John she was both laughing and crying at the same time....

'The Still Room' was next with Richard Felix and a oujie board. He asked us to go in a circle and placed the protection around us all as some of the group done oujie with him, and some people went to see the dungeon. Oujie board picked up on a lady spirit and her daughter.

Last place to visit was 'The Torture Chamber' where I done a little investigation about some of the equipment as I know some are original and where used on people many years ago. The room we didn't really pick up on much as this was not the original torture chamber, that was below the castle.

Wheel - this is not original. People would ask the prisoner a question, then turn the wheel in water, then ask another question and turn prisoner in water again.

cage - this cage would have fixtures to hang the prisoners hands and legs in place and it would be suspended. The reason why they put prisoner in the cage was to stop monks and other people trying to cut the prisoner free.

Giber cage - which was hung 30 feet in air with hands binded above to torture the prisoners soul while birds would peck and eat away at their bodies.

Impaling spike - which was inserted through the bottom and would go straight up the body and out of the head.

Boiling pot - either boiling water or oil, they would place the prisoners in there to boil them alive

Barrel - Men would rape young women and children then place them in a spiked barrel and nail down the lid. A few men would then push the barrel down the hill, the barrel that got down the hill the fastest would win. If victim survived they would throw the barrel down again.

Attachments:
A2.gif
A2.gif [ 249.75 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]
A1.gif
A1.gif [ 250.45 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]

been contacting spirit since 2006
 Post subject: Re: Chillingham Castle - Saturday 19 February 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 pm 
The Ferryman

Could have put some effort into the head-chopping Dok!

Good write up April!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

thanks Jay. Not sure if you have red up on the yarm hunt saturday gone, but I could feel that vicar wanted me to stand up to confront you. one of these days I will alow them to get that close

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 am 
The Ferryman

Jay wrote:
Could have put some effort into the head-chopping Dok!

Good write up April!

I your head was on the block Jay then I most certainly would have. :wink:

Oooo lots of reports April, you're putting NGI to shame. I give them a good read when I get chance.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

lol, yea this is the year for ghostie hunts for me, more experience I get the better ;) I just hope you enjoy the reading up on the reports. I guess I am getting a little more used to this website .... .... .. and I don't wanna be scaredy cat no more :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 pm 
The Ferryman

you're not. You are now 'Someone we know' :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I am happy about that change ;)