It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Post subject: Re: The Red Lion
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 am 
The Ferryman

Good idea. I've got no problem mentioning it to him next time you speak. I've got some 'Transylvanian Earth' for him too. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 am 
Amatuer Investigator

He could be useful in giving you some ideas on how to spot someone who is just giving you what they think you want to hear too, although that shouldn't be that difficult anyway, but it's useful to be able to spot those that are just feeding you information they think you'll be excited about.

Of course the fact that there is a healthy level of skepticism in the group should weed those people out anyway.

"He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god." -Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:07 am 
Professional Investigator

Of course but we're not experts no matter how we try to be. It really might be a good idea to ask for help on this. In fact this could be an opp to send a message to Kieran O'Keefe through facebook via Diane Welford to ask him for his advice. All he can do is ignore me.

I chatted to Bob earlier and he told me that he has 2 barmaids that we should talk to. One is on her shift tomorrow so he said if I popped through at 3pm it would be quiet to caht with her. Shaun are you available by any chance with the recording equipment? Sorry for the short notice,. If you aren't you are welcome as is anyone else to come through and build a bridge of sorts with her.

Bob told me something really interesting that we should take note of for our findings. The pool table area of the pub was the ladies toilet until twenty years ago. The main bar area finished at the end of the bar just before the that area. There was a wall that went across sealing the pool table area off. If I'll find out more tomorrow but that could seriously damage some of the info that we got for good or bad. I'm happy for it to conflict don't about the rest of you. The only person that it reflects badly on is me, so, so what? Thats what we're they're for. I can't be more open and honest than that. Weirdly the stuff that I got in that part was some of the strongest info I felt that I got so make of it what you will, that is the whole of the law :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 am 
Amatuer Investigator

I can pop into the station and grab the recorder most likely, I'm available for some quick interviewing if she is happy to provided that.

That info about the pool table area is kind of interesting. When I went for a quick walk round before we started, I went into the bloke's loo and the thought entered my head that I couldn't get round to the pool table from that side as the bar went right the way across and blocked it off. I just had this image in my head for some reason that I had to head all the way back round past the main door to get there but when I came out of the loo I found it was open from that side of the pub.

I didn't pay it any real attention at the time, I just thought it was my mind trying to figure the layout of the place and figuring the bar went all the way across to that wall, but now you mention that I wonder if I saw a brief flash of it the way it was. Oddness.

"He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god." -Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 am 
Professional Investigator

Interesting. Give me a call tomorrow when your free.

I've messaged Ciaran O' Keefe too for some advice on questions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 am 
Amatuer Investigator

Well once I've spooned warm porridge into my stupid face, I'm free so just nudge me on FB when you get online.

*Does a John Innman mince towards the door*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:00 pm 
Underworld Minion

shit,just seen this post,has no one sent u the NGI basic questionaires for this John,,I'll mail you them just in case they havent,not hard and fast stuff but covers the basics (and if recorded with a dictophone also gives me a bit of extra info which I can use for my own research stuff!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm 
Underworld Minion

stuck it in NGI chat John,be interested in what feedback you get off Ciaran,excellent!