It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Post subject: Cleveland Ironstone Mine
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:56 pm 
The Ferryman

History of the area

Skinningrove was in the manor of Loftus during the Saxon times and was held by Earl Siward, who Shakespeare immortalised as Macbeth. It passed to Hugh de Abrincis, Earl of Chester after the Norman Conquest but soon after this the land came into the estates of William de Percy who in 1133 erected Handale Priory which is situated approximately 2 miles to the south and was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:31 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Personally I didnt experience anything at all, but now and again in a certain location we all thought we could see someone walking from left to right a few times. Cant be sure if this was a member of staff who was just checking on this, our team did ask around if anyone had walked about, they said no but u still cant be sure.

Post subject: Re: Cleveland Ironstone Mine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 pm 
Scaredy Cat

i took part in an investigation here with some friends with Abbey Ghosthunters from Scarborough, really nice people who assisted us all night. again nothing spectular happened but it was a fascinating night particulary the table tipping. Angie the medium who joined us picked up on two spirit children who tagged on all night. Teddy and Jarvis, if you check out their website they have got some pretty decent EVPS and photographs from up there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 pm 
Stone Thrower

Yeah we met them there that night we went, I know a few guests we had with us say they saw a ghost what looked like an old miner carrying a old lamp type of thing :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 pm 
Scaredy Cat

we didnt actually see anything - although my brother who is a sceptic is convinced he heard a voice speak to him. he turned white! the table tipping was also impressive as i wasnt convinced until i tried it with just myself and my brother - and sure enough it started rocking again so violently it tipped over.

i have a lot of respect for mark and angie - in fact i am on another invest with them at the mines next week. will let you know how i get on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:22 pm 
The Ferryman

I enjoyed the mines - particurlary the shaft .. I like being in places where its pitch black! And we did get a couple of things although we were told that on the night we went it was a little quiet compared to usual. But that happens I guess .. but overall it was a good one to go on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:23 pm 
Stone Thrower

Cool Id love to know how it goes......... as for table tipping sounds like you have the nack for it then, I havnt experienced that yet, again you have to be able to trust the people sat round

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:13 pm 
Professional Investigator

Yea i was with mike and 2 guests and i deffo thought i could see someone walking down the tunnel towards us with some light, i even shouted whos there it looked like it was someone. Now the Tunnel was Pitch black so it could have been my eyes playing tricks or anything but also myself and mike stood in a room next to the tunnel and im sure we both heard a man groan as we both ran out lol well i did...it was very close, maybe it was the wind, i cant see it been the wind as we were right down the tunnel.
Interesting though.

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:48 pm 
Scaredy Cat

our invest got cancelled due to weather conditions on friday - rescheduled for the 15th though so will report back once we have been.

looking forward to it as although i enjoyed it last time we didnt get anything clear cut - so well worth another check out.