It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 am

Post subject: The Golden Fleece, Septemeber 5th
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
Breezy Draft

This was my first visit to The Golden Fleece, Which has many uneven floors which can make you feel disorientated. Throughout the night we did not pick up much, despite other groups doing so. But it was an interesting night all the same.

When we arrived at the location Jay took us around the building showing us all the rooms, while we passed through the Shambles bathroom, I picked up on a male adult energy, This energy seemed very confused as if he was lost or had lost someone or something else. I tried to concentrate on what he was finding so confusing, which was when Claire realised I was in a slight trance state, she referred to me as looking like something from the Shining. During the break between the walkaround and our first location, as I passed the enterence of the back bar, I felt the energy of a child, which seemed to be willing me to come in, it had quite a mischievious anture. But I decided to wait till I came to investigate this location.

We waited till about 11, before going to our first location, in the hope that the medium Ralph would turn up, but when he still failed to show, we had to carry on without him. Traffic was bad in the area due to flooding, so we couldn't be sure he would make it.

Our first location was the Minister Suite on the top floor of the building. This suite consists of a large bedroom, a bathroom and a living suite.
At first little happened, but after Wolf tried calling out, we felt something move down the corridor towards the bedroom and it seemed to pass staright through the doorway past where I was standing and over towards Wolf. I began to get a pain running down the centre of my chest and wolf got a vision of a handshake as if whatever had entered the room was saying hello, I didn't feel threatened, but did at time feel as if the energy was giving off some sense of pride. Like he was trying to tell us he was proud of something. We tried to communicate with it, but got very little after that. Then it seemed to go. We tried calling out in the Bathroom and living area and I felt at one point that the spirit we had just encounted was watching from the doorway of the bedroom. But other than that little happened.

Our next location consisted of two rooms St Catherines and Lady Pecketts. We started in St Catherine room and decide to try some table tipping. We all gathered round the wooden table in the room and after applying some protection to ourselves, we placed our fingertips on the surface of the table and started to call out to spirits to come forward. We got no response so decided to give this up. We sat for a while before some of us decided to move up to Lady Pecketts room.
In this room I lay on the bed, But as I tried to close my eyes I felt like someone was watching me from teh end of the bed. I felt the presence of a lady who seemed quite put out that we where here and didn't seem to want us to stay. We tried asking for some kind of sign, but got little else.

The Shambles was our next location and we thought this may be active due to the previous group reporting wardrobes coming open and other happenings, But we found this to be our quietest yet. We all lay around on the beds, but nothing seemd to be happening, I couldn't even pick up on the energy I had previously picked up on during the walkaround with Jay. Had the group before us exhausted all the energy, had it left and follwed them to thier next location, I dont know. But we got nothing in the Shambles and at one point some members of the group where so relaxed they where falling to sleep.

We then moved onto our final location which was a combination of the Function Room and the bar area downstairs. We sat in the function room for a while but picked up nothing. We then moved down to the bar area, where most of the group sat in the front bar, I was drawn straight to the back bar where I had previously picked up on the energy of a child. I could sesne this child was still there, he seemed quite mischievious and when i first entered the room I felt something touch my backside lightly, then as I moved round the room I felt two tugs on the jumper tied around my waist almost as if someone was trying to take it off me. If we had ahd more time and the landlady hadn't been sleeping in the corner of the bar I feel we may have got a lot more from thsi area and i would love to revisit it.

My conclusion is that although this venue definately has some resident spirits, we did not pick up enough to say that it is as haunted as some people claim it too be. Maybe another visit will be more active. I dont know but I would definately like to visit again.

Post subject: Re: The Golden Fleece, Septemeber 5th
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

cracking report there bekki,, so not as active as you thought ,,,, most places that are advertised as being haunted are prop not,,as somewhere that is has never had a team in it at all, so its everywhere bekki not just selected places,,, as you already no .. but maybe next time hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm 
Breezy Draft

Thanks Pam,

I think a lot of the feelings people get at the Fleece are due to the uneven floors causing them to become disorientated, not that Im saying its not haunted, I certainly picked up on a couple of things.

Last edited by Bekki on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

you get the supposed nun , thats not a nun at all just a nasty entity, that i think is quite mind provoking, as its eyes are quite black :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm 
The Ferryman

I definitely think the uneven floors play a big part in a lot of peoples experiences, but I think there could very well be a spook or two living in it's old walls. Lets hope next time proves more fruitful.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:40 pm 
A Stiff

doktor_phibes wrote:
I definitely think the uneven floors play a big part in a lot of peoples experiences, but I think there could very well be a spook or two living in it's old walls. Lets hope next time proves more fruitful.

I totally agree DP. Ithink alot has to do with the actual building aswell.
Its an old place and very dark when all the lights are off, you can easily mis interpret what you see and hear in that place!

Im hoping if i do go back again and its a big if, then it does produce something unusual!
Mindyou the wardrobe is pretty fascinating, especially because you actually tried to recreate it!

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 pm 
Underworld Minion

gotta say that was my third time and I have mixed feelings about the place but this time stuff that was gotten was linked in to so many things it was odd.....also the activity experienced was excellent!
But the things picked up on by the guests and the way they picked up on the was uncanny!
There is something going on here,but what it is I'm not sure about.....

Soon as the webbys fully up and running and I'm able (library permitting!)I'll stick my report up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

seemed quiet,, apart from the door incident? nothing else there then/? :lol: :lol: ..every time i have been there the land lady has been fast asleep, in the bar area,, that is supposed to be real spooky,,, well maybe not for her :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:15 pm 
Underworld Minion

plenty of stuff for our group pam,like I said when I can get my report up on the webby you can read it.
Activity wise nothing much apart from the door but the information picked up and things experienced personally by most of the group was very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:11 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i wait to read them, see if anything similar happened to when i went,,,,intrigued that someone picked up on a evil presence .... wolf i think :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm 
Underworld Minion

all our group too Pam,except maybe Carol but you'll have to ask her about that.........
and it all linked in exactly,in fact not exactly but the slight differences that wer got were so odd it made the 'inexactation' of them even more relevant to the nights events!
That sounds stupid I know,but it will make sense in the report.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:03 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

looking forward to readng them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:44 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
'inexactation'

I think you've just made that word up .. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:05 pm 
Underworld Minion

all words are made up...I just added to the big collection of others all made up by other people.....

and I know you know what it means so it works hehehehehe!!!!