It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Post subject: Castle Keep 18th July 2008
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm 
Breezy Draft

This is the third investigation I have done at the Keep. One of my favourite places.

I was in a group with Jay, Claire, Bob, Paul, Myself and a couple who's names I have forgotten.

Our first location was the Great Hall, as soon as the lights went off, both myself and Claire felt the room was very different from previous investigations. Somehow it felt darker and more eerie.
We were drawn over to the Kings Chamber after some of the group noticed slight noises coming from that direction.
In the Kings chamber we gathered around and listened, when we heard a bang coming from the direction of the window, where Paul was sat, when we asked him if he had made it, he said no, But as there was a lot of noise coming from outside, we cannot be certain what it was.
Claire was drawn to the end of the room, which somehow felt darker and more overpowering, she felt the presence of a man, a tall man, perhaps a soldier. We did a few call outs which didn't result in much, other than noise from revellers outside. The eerie thing was the noises from the revellers seemed to come at the exact moment Jay called on more than one occasion.
We then went back into the Kings Chamber, where we joined hands to create an energy circle. A few people noticed cold spots and the atmosphere seemed very opressing.
Myself, claire and Paul went up the steps to the side room, where the team had positioned a mirror, for skrying. We attempted this, but as we didnt have a candle it was hard, claire shone her torch and we noticed the mirror going darker and darker, but I cannot rule out movement of the torch.

We then went upto the Gallery. I immediately felt myself drawn to sit in one of the alcoves, as I have done so on past investigations. I sat and drew in my skethbook, I created a picture of an elderly lady in a head dress, her picture just seemed to enter my head.
I also got the name Elizebeth, but I have the impression she was not the women I drew. I have come across the name before on another earlier visit to the Keep.
The rest of the group where wandering around the gallery. On a number of occasions, when one of the group walked past me, I was listening carefully and faintly heard a second set of footsteps seem to follow. But as I was unsure where the rest of the group where, I couldn't pin-point these.
I decided to find the others, who I found sat in a corner trying out the pendulum. I gave it a go myself but didnt find much.

The Garrison Room & Chapel where our third location. and one of the most active. While we sat and adjusted to the room, Jay started to call out, The atmosphere of the room changed immediately. Both Claire and Jay called out to an energy they had both felt before. Which seemed to direct from the doorway. At one point the call-outs became challenging and daring the entity to come forward, The darkness seemed to shift from the doorway and I felt something or someone standing behind me, almost ontop of me. The only way I can describe it was absolute terror. I started to shake and found it very hard to let anyone know. It was almost as if I was been prevented from speaking out. Jay then asked if I was O.K. which I think I only managed to answer in brief, continueing to shake, I tried to explain how I felt, but it was as if something didnt want me to. Jay felt a coldness by me, then Claire came over and both Claire and Jay told me to ask it to leave me. I found this hard, despite me usually being able to do this. In my head, I found myself begging it to leave, then Claire laid her hands on my head and I felt the energy lifting. It still seemed to be near. for a few minutes, then all of a sudden it went very calm.
We then tried using the ouija borad, but despite a few movement the energy seemed to have gone.

We went into the chaple, where we tried a human pendulum. Paul the custodian of the castle joined us. We began calling out asking any entity nearby to use someone to talk through, Paul started to lean forward, indicating that a spirit wanted to use him to communicate with him.
I was holding his left hand at the time, and I felt myself at that point thinking "What small hands he has for a grown man, they are almost childlike" Through Paul we contacted a little boy who was around in the 1600's and worked nearby on the river. The group began asking questions and trying to establish his name, went through the letters of the alphabet, when we came to E he indicated tht this was what it started with. Something subconciously made me suggest the name Edward, to which he indicated yes. I also got the impression that some of the questions the group where asking, where confusing him, maybe the terminology they used was too advance. I also felt as if I was holding hands with a child and told the group this.
But we came to the conclusion that Edward was 9, he didnt work or die in the castle but was a visitor. Claire felt a connection with the mezzanine chamber.

Which was our next location. Pam joined us and we all made our way down the steps, I sat at the bottom of the steps to the right with my back to the wall. Pam immediately felt uneasy and felt a presence that seemd to b frightening her a little. This presnence seemed to make its way down the stairs, right past pam and I myself noticed a darkness seem to apss at the bottom of the step.
We joined hands to try some more human pendulum. Paul Green was stood to my left, Pam to my right and Paul the custodian on Pams right.
I could feel energy coming from behing Paul green (He had his back to the bricked up chimney in the corner. Claire also pointed out that she could see the energy behind him. He began to sway, but came across with very little. Perhaps he was also picking up on the energy and it was not a spirit wishing to communicate with him.
We then noticed Paul the custodian swaying again and after questions we came to the conclusion that the little boy was back. There was some kind of confusion here, as paul was indicating both that he was and wasnt edward.
I felt that there was maybe two children. After some investigation, Pam attempted to send one oft he boys over, I found some of what was going on here quite confusing, as I still felt the presence of edward as we left the mezzanine. But I also felt as if someone had been sent over. Maybe this was edwards friend, as edward seemed quite happy at the castle.

After our last location we were allowed to go to a chosen location for 45 minutes. I sat for 5 or ten minutes before making my way to the great hall, where a few guests where waiting for pam to try the ouija board. I decided to joine them.

We asked a few questions, but despite the glass shifting slightly, we picked up little. So went onto table tipping. Pam felt the presence of the little boy again and attempted to send him over, But I got the feeling that he didnt want to go. There where a few vibrations detected from the table but not much else.

Overall it was a good night.... The worst moment had to be in the Garriosn Room, Maybe I was just too tired to be able to stop the entity from over-powering me, But It felt very strong.
The best was in the chapel talkingt to edward, But I still dont feel he has passed on and dosnt want to.

Post subject: Re: Castle Keep 18th July 2008
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:30 pm 
Underworld Minion

Yet again Bekki that is a top report!!!!!!
You dont want a job do you hehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!
Thanks missus!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:39 pm 
The Ferryman

Cracking .. saves us a job!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 am 
Breezy Draft

lol... Its just my aspergers... I have to write everything down. I have two suitcases full of diaries and thats only for the last years... :twisted:

Ive just booked up for the Golden Fleece.... See you there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 am 
Underworld Minion

excellent!!!!!see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

bekki itwas not edward that was sent over ... like you said he was quite happy to stay,,,, it was another young boy....who is still in the earth somewhere,,,,,but he was quite happy to go..b less :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm 
Breezy Draft

Thats what I thought, I got the impression that there where two of them. Ive felt Edward around the Keep before and he seems quite happy there. Yet he seemed concerned for his friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:16 pm 
Member of EFFI

It was my second visit to The Keep, and like my previous one, I witnessed no paranormal activity, and I felt fine thoughout the whole investigation.

Carol and I, had the crystal swaying after calling out in the Queens Chamber, but apart from that, I felt nothing ! :(

Most of the group who were with Carol & me, did not experience any thing either, but Lawrie and Val ( two of the guests ), did manage to capture orbs on their cameras.

Lawrie and Val also said that they felt as though that they had been touched in the Chapel, but again, I felt fine and so did the others.

Another one of the guests, Brendan, became ill when we were investigating the Galleries, and he said that he felt sickly. Pam became aware of a spirit called Tarquin up at this location. She said that he was from the Netherlands.

I must mention though, that I did feel as though I was being watched when I stood alone on the staircase for five mintutes, which adjoins the Galleries. Afterwards, I ventured up on to the roof, but I felt nothing spooky. I just saw a full moon frowning. :|

Calling out in the Great Hall proved to be fruitless, and it was not long before the investigation came to a close at 4.10am.

Personally, nothing happened for me, but a few others did seem to have strange experiences.

I would like to investigate The Keep again, as I believe that the building is haunted. Third time lucky ? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 pm 
Elite Investigator

i didnt think much happened at the keep when i was there in may :( even worse when i hurt my ankle by missing a step :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 pm 
Someone Strange

My visit this time I have to say was not very active, but it's always a pleasure to work with some nice people.
Although one of the guest was momentarily, not themselves, shall we say, at the end of the day everyone enjoyed themselves and went home all in one piece, so thats great. :D
Looking forward to the Fleece in september, only hope it will be more active than the last time I went :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:59 pm 
A Stiff

Yeah we had nothing at the fleece either Wolf. Although i did pick up on some stuff there which was interesting.

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 am 
Underworld Minion

do u mean the same stuff I picked up on blubird or other stuff too?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:38 pm 
A Stiff

Do you mean at the fleece???

Im probably gonna p**ss you off now cos i cant remember what you picked up!

I only really got one excellent thing which was verified by the resident medium! Well put it this way when i was saying what i was getting he started to come out with the same stuff!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i have to say that the last visit was a lot better than other times i have been there, looking forward to meeting edward again,,, :shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:26 am 
Professional Investigator

We are at the Fleece in October. I have heard very mixed feelings on the fleece but you have to go and investigate yourself. So fingers crossed it will be a good one :D

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 am 
Amatuer Investigator

I have stayed at the Fleece many times and once while I was in the bath with my ex the plastic panel on the side of the bath fell off. Paranormal? I dunno. :lol: 8) :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am 
The Ferryman

You probably just farted and the vibration of the bubbles caused it to fall!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Mike2412 wrote:
I have stayed at the Fleece many times and once while I was in the bath with my ex the plastic panel on the side of the bath fell off. Paranormal? I dunno. :lol: 8) :evil:

LMAO, yeah sounds it. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:45 am 
Underworld Minion

yeah,fingers crossed Andrea!
And for us there in a few weeks too!
I think when this place 'delivers' it er....delivers!!!
But like a lot of 'haunted' places you can go and get nothing at all.
Its the luck of the draw I suppose until something more is known about how this stuff works!

But I'm with you,as an investigator everywhere should be investigated,like Jay says too its all about the personal experience too,so to judge a place based soley on what others say is not much use to an 'investigator'.
Based on its history and 'reputation' .... it needs investigating!!!!

I would rather go and get nothing rather than not go based purely on hearsay and other peoples experiences!

looking forward to hearing how you go on Andrea!!!

Blu.....I was meaning was the stuff you picked up on the same stuff I also did at the Keep,not the Fleece!Down in the mezz.......but it seems it wasnt as you were on about the Fleece hehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:32 pm 
Professional Investigator

Jay wrote:
You probably just farted and the vibration of the bubbles caused it to fall!! :lol:

lol
Castle keep not my Fav place but wow so much history there.

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:49 pm 
A Stiff

pollen101 wrote:

Blu.....I was meaning was the stuff you picked up on the same stuff I also did at the Keep,not the Fleece!Down in the mezz.......but it seems it wasnt as you were on about the Fleece hehehehehe!!!!

Sorry it was me being dizzy again LOL if id have thought about it abit longer id have realised you meant the keep.

And yeah that was pretty good stuff we got!