It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:52 am

Post subject: Your best moment on a NGI invest
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:22 pm 
The Ferryman

We all have "moments" when on an invest - but what has been your best on a NGI night? (even if it turned out to be totally rationalised afterwards)

For me it has to be that night at the Schooner .. 3 groups split amongst room 28, 29 and 30

Claire with her giggly moment and the EMFs going mental around her

Followed by the "growling" that occured in room 29 on 4 occasions in a few minutes ..

Then of course, the dancing wardrobe to cap it all off!

Post subject: Re: Your best moment on a NGI invest
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 pm 
The Ferryman

As I only been on four, I don't have much to choose from but I suppose it would have to be the 'Dancing Wardrobe' as well. (Even though I only heard the thing 'Dance').

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm 
The Ferryman

Yeah, not many chances for yourself .. But when I think on it more, I don't know .. its funny in someways when you think back over the years that you come to take things for granted and its only when you really think about it you go " ooh .. yeah .. that was good too" ... but I'll leave those for now and let others say their bits.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm 
A Stiff

I suppose the last Keep visit or the Old Baptist Church are my best ones.

Keep for visual stuff and feeling things and the Church for again, seeing something I can't explain.

You'll have to read my reports to save repeating myself here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

has to be the theatre in con sett ,the pull we had that night was brill............and that night at the schooner to both had electric hype to them,,,,,, brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:43 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

probably the fleece at york...............................cant explain it just felt i was being watched

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

pam-ngi wrote:
has to be the theatre in con sett ,the pull we had that night was brill............and that night at the schooner to both had electric hype to them,,,,,, brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know this is off topic....but I just felt I had to make this observation.

I know I'm not a member of NGI. But when I was at that theatre not long ago I found it very flat.
Did get a few pics with apparent "orbs" in them though and there were reports of weird activity, but I spent most of the night walking round the main theatre on me tod and wasnt in the slightest bit bothered by it. I fact at one point I almost couild have closed my eyes and gone to sleep.
I spent a good 10 to 15 mins sat in the boiler room trying to provoke a reaction...nothing, but the team got some great EVP's in there.

Now to my point, its interesting to me, how the same location can be so different. I've experienced WAY WAY more when not actually looking for the paranormal, than I have when purposefully investigating apparent phenomena.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:34 pm 
The Ferryman

Every place in existence is hit and miss. You can go to one place one night and find its as dead as doormouse (pun not intended) and then go back the next night and find all hell breaks loose. I've experienced this myself from both perspectives.

The classic is the Schooner - the first time I ever went absolutely nothing happened. It was completely dead and I hated it and was bored silly. The second time I went, instead of just sitting around hoping something happened, I pushed things more - and got a good result. The 3rd time - as mentioned above - dancing wardrobes. Altho - it was only a 5 minute spell amongst 10 hours, its sometimes all you get.

At times I think too many people expect too much .. me included. I've been to places the first time and activity is the norm and not the exception - yet next time you go, your looking forward to it and to getting the same types of results as the last time - and nothing.

I tend to look at it this way : Such-and-Such a location could be the most haunted place in the world and yet only records 12 instances of "actual" paranormal activity in a year. Or 1 every 30.whatever days. So the chances of any individual ghost investigator being present on that night (night? Could be during the day) is slim. Even slimmer if its a big location and the event is localised. Need to be in the right place at the right time.

Somebody could help instigate activity when they are present - I've managed this on numerous occassions - but it ultimately still comes down to one factor : Free Will of any spirits present (if we excuse the Stone Tape theory for a moment). If "they" don't want to - "they" won't.

And there could be numerous reasons why "they" won't .. lack of energy in a location at a given time, "they" can't be bothered, "they" are watching Eastenders, "they" don't think its worth it (my argument against why many non-believers or sceptics don't expereince things), "they" just don't want to or "they" don't exist in that place either entirely or with enough strength or just simply don't exist in the world, full stop.

People pull me up on the "don't think its worth it argument" . Belief plays a very important part in everything we do in life and everything we experience. If you don't truly believe you can climb Mount Everest, you won't. If you don't truly believe your good enough for that great job, you won't get it. If you don't truly believe in the possibility of ghosts or anything not considered "normal" in this world - you'll never have your mind open enough to experience it, despite what we may say to the contrary. The rational way of thinking will always get in the way barring the odd exception and prevent it.

If I was a Skoda door-to-door salesman and came knocking on your door to sell you a new car - despite you having a Ferrari on your front drive - would I be wasting my time? Probably - barring the odd exception - and so I wouldn't waste my time trying to sell you it despite that fact the Skoda is real. I'd go to the guy next door. The same principle applies.

[I hit submit and not preview - so if anyone reads this and then see's i've added the below - you know why!!]

Thats not in every instance in regards to the paranormal, I accept - but its certainly possible. Certainly many non-believers don't experience things when others do at other times. And I don't mean hear a ratty-tap-tap which could be explained away - I mean literally don't experience anything that 'could be'.

And thats something we could all fall foul of in some ways - we all have good days and bad days, sometimes we have a headache, otherdays we have things on our minds and all these things and others could contribute to what we experience and what we don't.

As one of the most famous scientists ever said : " ... relative to the observer."

So why can't reality by relative to the observer too?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:04 pm 
The Ferryman

Incidentally, I thought the Empire was "quiet" .. barring the incident which Pam is referring to.

A single focused effort by those in attendance in regards to one spirit that was supposedly hanging around. We had a torch dimming to nothing on command and then lighting up again when we asked, no human hands on the torch at all. This went on for 10 minutes .. whenever we asked for the torch to go out - it went out, when we asked to bring the light back, on came the torch again. On and off on request every time we asked and with EMF and Temperature recordings in line with what would be considered to be present when paranormal activity is present. If the torch was "off" and we never asked, the torch remained off until we asked for it to lighten up again, which it did instantly. When we were informed that the spirit had gone, the torch worked perfectly and never dimmed despite our asking and the anomalous readings went.

Now - whether it was ghosts or the power of the human mind (ie. we believed a spirit was doing it and so made it a reality) or plain old coincidence - I'll leave it open to debate. But I bet the "torch was just dodgy" would rule the day amongst some .... who weren't present and didn't excperience it. :wink: That incident alone turned a sceptic who was present into a believer. Thats the power of personal experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:25 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

my fav is whitworth hall hotel because of my experience

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:02 pm 
Underworld Minion

NGI invos was the schooner and my first time at the keep in the mezz,although it was not especially pleasant!!!the schooner was funny as hell though hehehehehe!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:42 pm 
A Stiff

Schooner in room 28 during the seance that was interesting shall we say.

And them pictures in the hallway but someone could have done that by hand. :lol: :roll:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm 
The Ferryman

pollen101 wrote:
NGI invos was the schooner and my first time at the keep in the mezz,although it was not especially pleasant!!!the schooner was funny as hell though hehehehehe!!!!!

While I was researching that list for you recently, I came across a bit about the Schooner that mentioned people regularly having different emotional outbursts in the hotel. I wasn't aware that this had been reported before but it did make me think of your 'laughing fit'. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 pm 
Underworld Minion

thats interesting Dok,I've not heard of that in relation to there before,although I've not looked much!very interesting,anything specific to any area or 'spirit' or more a general thing etc?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:09 am 
Stone Thrower

Jay wrote:
We all have "moments" when on an invest - but what has been your best on a NGI night? (even if it turned out to be totally rationalised afterwards)

For me it has to be that night at the Schooner .. 3 groups split amongst room 28, 29 and 30

Claire with her giggly moment and the EMFs going mental around her

Followed by the "growling" that occured in room 29 on 4 occasions in a few minutes ..

Then of course, the dancing wardrobe to cap it all off!

Missed that 1 :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 am 
Stone Thrower

pam-ngi wrote:

Missed that one too :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

so did i, i missed both of them

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 am 
The Ferryman

Hahah .. wonder if you two have always been our Jonahs .. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:30 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i ain't no jonah

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 am 
Stone Thrower

lol :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:22 pm 
Underworld Minion

hey Sue...what was your fav NGI invo anyway?You've done loads,haway,give us your top 5!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
Member of EFFI

Driving back from an investigation in Stockton, and seeing two couples having sex in a layby near Teesside Airport. They were either swingers or members of the local dogging scene.

You did ask for my best moment !! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 pm 
Underworld Minion

I hope you stopped to check they werent the 'ghosts of doggers past' Dell hehehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:01 am 
Stone Thrower

pollen101 wrote:
hey Sue...what was your fav NGI invo anyway?You've done loads,haway,give us your top 5!!!!!

God Ive just read this now.......... top 5 eh?? mmmm

1) Ive always said the Best was the Seance in the Marsden Grotto, way back in the early days before any of you lot joined so no-one on here would know what I mean... but, the seance was really great, we had to actually end it as one of the team members Leanne felt sick and faint really badly (bless)...

2) But then we done Whitworth Hall and some of you will know the score there.. The restaurant / Library room, when Kris and one of the guests ended up in tears, the energy / atmosphere in the room was soooo strong.. that was great!!

3) Ha up the Schooner, can i hell remember the room number but I think it was 29?? There was about 4 of us who couldnt remain in the bathroom of that one room (me Kris Chris & Pam) i think. we all felt as if we were going to throw up, in fact I think poor Pam did!!

4) This has got to be on the way down to Cleveland Iron stone mine... Ha me driving with a car load of people (7 seater) -- the road seemed to get very bumpy indeed?? Bloody blow out wasnt it! so we all got out the car and stood by the road, like nutta's in the mid of nowhere (did i hell know where i was lol) -- anyway we got (EVENTUALLY) a lift the rest of the way (NOT OFF JAY THO)-HE LEFT US STRANDED and drove on lmao!!! ahh and pam had to travel in the BOOT of the car -- eee wot a good laugh that was....

5) Ha I have to say Hylton Castle Woods -- there was a few of us messing about walking thro the woods, we kept hearing noises, I must admit i was getting a little freaked out too, then some one decided to run...followed by every one else, and Jay fell flat on his face pmsl.....What a laugh that was too :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 am 
Underworld Minion

ooooh interesting stuff Sue!
hehehe looks like you like it when its uncomfy for others best then hehehehehehehe!!!

Good job I know your nice really!!!!