It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:26 am

Post subject: Golden Dawn
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 pm 
Professional Investigator

I was fascinated to discover that the 5th chapter of The Golden Dawn was set up in Bradford.
Does anyone have any information on this?
I've found 2 golden dawn podcasts which are really very open about their practices for a secret society, even interviewing members about why they joined and initiation etc. What I can't work out is how you apply to join, how you find these people and how you become an initiate. They talk about it on the podcasts as if they've joined the local karate club. Does anyone know how you approach them etc. Trust me I'mm just interested I don't actually want to join up.
A friend of mine based in Stockton is writing a novel aboutoccult practices and was asking me if I knew of any groups, seems to me that these people are pretty silent about their practices but if anyone knows of any in the North East I'd be interested to pass details on to him. Has anyone any thoughts about this?
I find it fascinating but a bit freaky, I'm not 100% sure how I feel about ritual magic etc.

Post subject: Re: Golden Dawn
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 pm 
Underworld Minion

hehehehehehehe I'll await the replies to this with interest........

my experience of it?Well I'd better not say on here for many reasons..........however its more to do with the people involved than the practices and it iant especially nice......
just another form of 'brain training',I got no problem with it, done effetively and for positive motivtions (fuck all to do with white or black, I mean from the persons involvedm, fuck all that good and bad shit)I see it as an effective way for people to expore themselves and thier perceptions of themselves and their 'world/environment'.)However most people dont tend to see it that way (thick fucks hehehe!).

To me, as with everything, its a case of what you put in you get out..........

If you are interested then I'm sure that life will do its best to match you with the right people/persons/experience John..........where theres a will theres a way..........it depends wht your after tho dunnit.

it seems to attract ceretain personality types tho........and I can see why.......shame tho, as they seem to miss the whole idea of it completly in my experience/opinion anyway!

But each to thier own innit,what works for one etc.......

I feel sure that someone will step up and share thier 'knowedge' of this with you John'................in fact I'd bet it,if they havent already!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm 
Someone We Know

I think if you poke your nose around enough, the golden dawn, silver star, or similar groups would make contact with you.

I have a book binding friend, he aint religious in any way really, but he has interest in masonic sects and secret societies, conspiracy theories etc and I had a feeling he would be seen as a good candidate for certain groups because of the old rare texts and info he happens to come across. I told him of this a couple of years ago. Then sometime last year he visited a masonic building in Elswick, Newcastle just as a point of interest and was approached by a lodge member. In case you were interested, he declined. Or so he says. Also OTO approached one of my witch associates in Hastings so I'm just basing my perceptions on this and my other mates experiences..

I think thats how these things work, they find you not the other way round.

Unless you want to be a freemason, in which case get yursel away and be one tomorra :P

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm 
The Ferryman

I knew a few OTO people once and went to a mass out of curiosity. It didn't do much for me to be honest and I didn't quite gell with the people there or their belief system. They seemed more preoccupied with 'secrets' and 'going up levels'. It seemed more like they were involved in a role playing game than a spiritual path to be honest. This may not be the case with all OTO members and just the group I came into contact with though. Each to their own I guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:22 pm 
Someone We Know

doktor_phibes wrote:
I knew a few OTO people once and went to a mass out of curiosity. It didn't do much for me to be honest and I didn't quite gell with the people there or their belief system. They seemed more preoccupied with 'secrets' and 'going up levels'. It seemed more like they were involved in a role playing game than a spiritual path to be honest. This may not be the case with all OTO members and just the group I came into contact with though. Each to their own I guess.

I'm not into the whole hierarchy of self important secret society members myself. But I am aware... and thats always been more than enough for me :)

I think some people need that type of setting so they have something clear to follow. I believe what I believe in. Not what someone tells me to believe in. I can understand the mystery appeal to it for some people though. They want to feel part of something bigger, something that's outside the norm of public society. I guess it makes them feel more important in some way, but who am I to say. All I know is - not for me bob.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:26 pm 
The Ferryman

That's why witchcraft always appealed to me, it can have as much or little dogma attached to it as you want.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:46 pm 

I've posted this once here and it didn't arrive so I'm reposting it:

this is from the original post on the Golden Dawn in Bradford that i put up in NGI Chat Only. I thought I'd share it. It seems strange now with it being from so long back that I was writing something on The Golden Dawn and looking at this thread I had a friend doing the same thing. I'm not sure what happened to his short story... but maybe I'll post mine in the blog area as it was intended to be published but the deal fell through.

anyway heres the info. Some of the links havent copied over successfully I dont have time to fix them so if you are interested I'm sure you can find the info you need from following the partial link. Tne youtube footage was fascinating.

John

Golden Dawn Bradford
I've been reading a book by Isreal Regardie on the golden dawn and its rituals for a piece of fiction that I'm writing and I discovered that chapter no.5 (dedicate dto Horus) was set up at the Alexandria Hotel in Bradford on Heaton road. The hotel has now gone and has become a carpark.
From what I can gather from a bit of research their was a split and it was always thought that the Golden dawn went on to become another temple which followed Hindu aspects but in the 80's a restaurant discovered Egyptian Hieroglyphics in its attic and when experts were brought in it was realised that it was another temple dedicated to Horus, on one wall there's a mural of a golden dawn.
There's also some Jack The Ripper links allegedly to the Bradford Golden Dawn from 1888. A couple who were initiates returned home from a ball at the alexandria hotel to dsicover that someone had been in their house. Her dress had been lynched in the kitchen and their were knives set out in supposed masonic symbols, the entrant had also set out two glasses for them and left a note which as well as having an invitation on it for them to meet him by the canal it had a dupilicate of the Ripper message that was left on the wall that the police had wiped away. Interestimngly enough Charles Warren who was at one point in charge of the Ripper inquiry was part of The Golden dawn, and he rubbed the message off personally, not only that the mortician on the case was also Golden Dawn.
Of course the idea that the ipper was an occultist has been dismissed but theres certainly a character called Robert D'Ontson Stephenson who was an occultist and claimed at the time that he knew who the ripper was leading him to be investigated for the crimes himself. Crowley also calimed that the ripper was a black magician.

I have no idea where the newer temple is, I don't know Bradford well at all, but thought you might recognise it. It would be excellent if we got in there.

heres some links for you

http://goldendawnbradford.blogspot.com/

http://nolaninsignia.com/golden_dawn.html this is a documentary.

http://bradfordghosthunters.wordpress.c ... lden-dawn/

Ripper info, you'll have to scroll down a bit for it:

http://psykiksolutions.blogspot.com/

and footage from isnside the temple that was discovered, theres 3 films this is the first he others are on the right hand side of the youtube site:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mopig#p/u

and pretty awful podcast with a couple od pretty badly informed and tedious individuals from bradford but worth listening to I suppose:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/privatepar ... nal-bridge

I don't suppose theres much in it but it is interesting that Peter Sutcliffe was also from Bradford.

I've got a bit of a personal curiosity in all this as I think that my dads family lived on Heaton Road in Bradford. As far as I remember they lived in Heaton, but heaton road rings a bell. I know that one of them was mason.. I'd love to find a family connection to The Golden Dawn but its probably a long shot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:02 pm 

I should point out that I wasn't contacted by anyone to join their group, despite Pollens certainty that it would happen from that post... I almost got the impression that she was going to invite me herself...

If I wanted to spend my Saturday night chanting stuff in a cowl with a load of other stranger folk I'd become a Franciscan monk.