It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 am

Post subject: Voo Doo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
Professional Investigator

what do people think about Voo Doo? Is it real? Or is is just tales from the other side of the world! Can you actually make a doll of someone and stick needles in it, oo wouldnt that be good lol Seriously would u say this is connected to black Magic..

The Mind is a Powerful tool

Post subject: Re: Voo Doo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
The Ferryman

This "voodoo doll and sticking needles into it" business is only a little element of the Voodoo religion .. and the entire thing shouldn't be judged on that alone.

Every religion, philosophy, belief or occult practice contains similar ideas revolving around the 'voodoo doll' .. the most common and familiar to most in Christian beliefs will be taking a photo of a loved one, putting it next to a cross and praying for them ..

All thats happenning with the Voodoo Doll practice is the creation of a symbolic representation of your 'target' and then using it to focus your mind and your energy .. making a connection .. and then directing your will against or for (its not always used negatively) the target.

Whenever you direct your will towards a target - you need something at hand that represents them - in Witch stories, where the Hag is stirring up a potion in a big black cooking pot, She'll throw in some Frogs Toenails, A touch of squashed snail, Bats wings, the blood of a virgin - and a lock of hair from the target of the potion (That sounded like a recipe from a Frenchmans cookbook!!! :D ) .. Exactly the same principle of the Voodoo Doll - albeitly done in a different way.

Is it real? Of course .. remember that pain you had just recently ??? Muwhahahahahaha :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:39 pm 
Professional Investigator

lol Was that u jay haha! Blood of a Virgin, Really! Wow.
Im not really into all that stuff but i saw a film once and voo doo was in it and it all did seem negative in the way they using it but as always its tv anit it.. Interesting

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:51 pm 
The Ferryman

Remember - VooDoo is a religion .. so from the Christian perspective its a false religion and will be portrayed negatively as are all others (when its poitically correct to do so .. ) .. plus, if you see voodoo in a fictional TV / Film .. they will portray it to peoples expectations .. full of voodoo dolls, curses, 'zombies' and hexes ..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

i dig this out,sorry bout that,its old post but i must say something bout this :twisted:
Voodoo religion is,as Jay said,based on energy bout that 'doll' things,but in 'basic' what they use most is herbs....
wonder how?
they have some of their 'special' herbs,don't know where they found it :twisted: but when it comes in touch with human or animal body it has a strange reaction,every herb do the different things,'Voodians' :lol: use to dry herbs and make a dust from them,that dust is actually doing the effect...
for example,the most horrible thing i heard is,when their shaman 'point a finger' on someone and wants him to die in terrifying death,he just take 'magic dust' and somehow put it in victims organism...after a while victim falls in 'false death' ,every vital function is slowed and undetectable,
when family or tribe of that poor man or woman see that,and check all of his functions,and determine the death,they bury him on graveyard...about 3 days latter,the victim awakes from the 'death' and dies down there :twisted:
i also saw on tv,they have some of dust that can make zombies from people :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm 
Yeah I'd like to make the distinction between voodoo (vodou if we're going to be arsey about it) and the example you gave of using a voodoo doll. A voodoo doll is essentially sympathetic magic derived from western esoteric thought (pre-dating haitian voodoo). While in some cases such practices inevitably overlap between religions I think it's very important to understand just what voodoo means - it's more concerned with currents of life flowing through nature (reflecting the particular history of the group of people that first practiced it in this form) rather than a practice associated with something more akin to the left hand path approach. If you look at some of the practices they have similarities with conventional catholicism, or more precisely it's routes in shamanism) in that they place huge importance on the attainment of a state of ecstacy to 'transcend' the ego and join with their god.

+end of uber-Geek transmission+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 pm 
A Stiff

Or could it be be auto suggestion and psychosomatosis? We are told that we are cursed by a powerful voudoun , its been indoctinated into us that these things are real........we believe. Our belief then acts psychosomatically and creates a catalyst for believing that every bad thing happening is due to the supposed curse? Its well documented in psychiatric cases that powerful self suggestion will bring about changes in mental and physical state.

I remember one of the more dreadful Most Haunted shows where Yvettes pet "medium" Brian Shepherd was meant to be isolated in one room and they were going to stick pins into a doll representation of him and see if he was affected. Sadly as it was a live show the doll was too slow arriving at their location and Brian was seen in his isolated room acting out pains in his legs and arms before the doll had arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:07 pm 
Underworld Minion

altered staTES seems to be what its all about regardless in relation to anything,altho ecstacy sound s fuckin great to me hehehe!

I might go and half strangle myself now to get a dmt rush hehehehehe,altho more fun to get someone to half strangle me hehehehe