It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 am

Post subject: do aliens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 pm 
Underworld Minion

really need spaceships to travel to our planet?
Serious question!

Post subject: Re: do aliens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 pm 
Breezy Draft

nah, they got bus passe now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

eell if aliens are living lightyears away,, what form of travel devise would the really have?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 pm 
Breezy Draft

pam-ngi wrote:
eell if aliens are living lightyears away,, what form of travel devise would the really have?

Oh bugger that rules out busses, they dont come that often, and if it takes twenty minutes for a 2 miles journey like it does on arriva, then we are waiting fer feckin ages for the aliens to come if they are lightyears away, mebys they got the train, though they are not that much more predictable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm 
Underworld Minion

Hawya, I'm interested!
Do aliens really need spaceships to travel in?
(or whatever the original question was!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 pm 
The Ferryman

I would say it depends .. if ET exists out there and they are suitably evolved enough, then maybe not. Conscious Travel may one day become possible if all the right tick-boxes are ticked, evolutionary speaking .. A form of Cosmic Astral Travel, if you like, if there is anything in any of that ..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 am 
Underworld Minion

ah, interesting.
I would say that if aliens are about and they are from planets vastly different to our own then thier 'evolution' would have developed them to be perfectly suited for their environment........so maybe if its that different to ours they can be here and we just wont see them because they are on different frequencies/sort of 'invisible' to all of our 'used 3-d concious ' senses.....and therefore probably wouldn come in 'transport' which just happens to 'mirror' alien transport we have seen in the media and films/tv etc for years.
Like dust particles are 'invisible' to us most of the time unless illuminated in a sunbeam etc (I'm talking generally, I know they can be measured/shown/'proven' ,dust particles that is hehe!), then maybe the 'aliens' and their 'crafts' (if thats how they 'travel') will be 'invisible' to us unless 'illuminated' by something (youknow what I mean!)
But then again, maybe they have watched these things so think thats what they must come here in hehehe!
Soz,couldnt resist!
Seriously again though, are our ghosts/littlefolk/aliens/vampires/demons/gods/mythical beasties just things from times gone/the future/other 'planes' (of an 'afterlife kind of thing) etc, are they merely representitive aspects of our psyches (for many reasons), part of the 'programme' etc.........or do we share this world with far far more than we imagine and live in the shadows, only occasionally getting a glimpse of these other 'breeds' of 'creatures' (as humans are creatures etc)now and then if at all.........what if 'humans' are the shadow people in a huge vibrant world of which we only ever see a splinter off......are we the deep sea fish unaware of the world above it....???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 am 
The Ferryman

You can't say that! How dare you suggest that things may exist in the massive universe that are vastly different to our arrogant and tiny human view! I spit on you! We know everything remember!

:mrgreen:

But your right - there is a chance we wouldn't even notice alien life if we walked past it in the street .. if we did, we would maybe just think its a new fangled lamppost or something.

Or, as you suggest, we would maybe need to switch our perspective somewhat to be able to see it in the first place.

Sadly, too many people have an anthropogenic (yes!!) view on things and are unable to see under the bed (metaphorically speaking!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am 
Underworld Minion

Jay, you always spitting your like a bloody camel!!!

maybe not even switch our perspective so to speak....yes there is that aspect but maybe just maybe, like when we sit in a field to us we are just sat on 'grass', yet there is a whole 'world' in that 'grass' going about its life and whilst we might notice the odd insect or whatever here and there we are totaly unaware of that 'world', to us its just 'grass' where things live (and therefore must be squished as they are 'crawly' and we can sqiush em easy cos we are bigger).
Maybe we are again like the fish who live in the deep sea and will never know of the ants and the blue sky and the trees etc because we would have no reason to come across then environmentalywise but also if we did,'us' (physical/mental/spiritual ,call it whatever!), maybe just whatever it is that is 'us' just is incompatable with those conditions and we could not sustain it.....so therefore would only ever just get that glimpse, like the deep sea fish; it could possibly come to the surface near the shore and pop its head out for a mosey; however it 'interpreted' what was above wouldnt mean much to it as it would soon be back off to its natural habitat.........
On the absolutely right 'switching perspectives' tho:
gets me people are so obsessed with seeking out new planets and new species,either 'enlightened 'beings' concerned with humankinds happiness and survival, or nasty 'aliens' concerned only with using earth and humans for what their own shifty 'benefical only to them' purposes.....or those whos little saucers 'crashed' here. (Is anyone seeing the 'patterns here yet?)
It gets me because we live in a world within worlds as we are aware of it now!!!!!!!!!!Animals, plants......so many species so many things we dont know......we 'share ' this 3-d environment with sooooooo much,yet only ever see it from our own small position in it.........without ever thinking how the plants and animals experience this shared environment, apart from as you say (well done, I'm impressed Jay !) from an anthromorphic point of view..............

fuck the aliens fuck the ghosts fuck the gods and fuck all of it!!!

If you want em..........then start to see you world you are in now in all its glory and see all the 'alien' life thats within it and living on us and in us as we speak!!!!!!!!!We are 'worlds' ,providing a home and nourishment for other creatures for all their lives (anthromorphegenic - shut up, you know what I mean, I know but again, you know wha I mean hehehe!)and we are also living on other 'living' worlds upon worlds which nourishes and houses us........be with the animals be with the stars be with the rocks and be with the water,be with the sky and be with the stars and planets cease viewing these things as being centered around 'us' and just 'experience'..........

If you want to see other things then start looking with more than your eyes...............one things for sure....do what you've always done and get what you've always got.................

And I aint no hippy or shamanic thing or bloody wiccan or pagan or 'take me to your leader' or devil worshipping twat,fuckin none of that shite.

This is just common sense innit!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 am 
The Ferryman

Most people are only able to see the surface of the onion skin, judge a book by its cover or see the tunnel created by the blinkers. Society tells us the starting point of how to view things - and, from that starting point, the world makes sense .. BUT ONLY from that starting point. Shift that starting position slightly to the left or right and things are decidedly different.

Again, my cherry picking comes into it .. if our "starting position" is life as we know it, we will only look for life and intelligence that fits with our profile of it and ignore the "obvious" if its in our face.

Its the tale of the Little Fishie in a small pond who thinks the entirety of existence is contained within that pond. The Little Fishie can't contemplate anything else than that pond because it doesn't know anything else. Then when Mr Frog bounces along and tells Little Fishie of the Ocean just over the hill, Little Fishie doesn't believe him .. laughs at him .. thinking he must be mad and crazy to think something that big and expansive exists with all those Big Fishies and Monsur Sharkies (please assume that fish and frogs can talk for this example!). The Little Fishies pond is HUGE .. its massive .. the Little Fishie can't see the ocean and so there is no way it can exist .. Mr Frog is a mad, deluded frog and he should bow down to Little Fish Science ...

Then one day, after a heavy storm, a channel opens from Little Fishies pond and Little Fishie investigates .. he swims down the channel and comes across the Ocean, just like Mr Frog said ... and keels over and dies (as fish are want to do) as the immensity of the Ocean just overwhelms him as he was never prepared for it. The End.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 am 
Site Admin

The problem with them being on different frequencies is that if they are here and here now, then the light works on the same frequency, thats the light emitted from our sun or from our electric lights.

So if they are here, then we would see them.
This is slightly different from ghosts, because they are considered to be on another plain or dimension.

And how would they get here?
They cant teleport....as such.....because theres no receiver here. They cant be beamed in (liek star trek)for the same reason. So they would ahve to physically travel here. To accomplish that they would need a vehicle of some description.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:06 am 
Underworld Minion

is that a real post or a pisstake Anth......I'm not sure of how to take that!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 pm 
Scaredy Cat

no, you can do teleporting. or at least aliens can do it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:14 pm 
Underworld Minion

Kirk and co can.
No aliens there except the vulcan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:13 am 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
is that a real post or a pisstake Anth......I'm not sure of how to take that!!!

Why do you ask if its real or a pisstake?

Its a bit of both, the stuff about light frequency is true, all light on the planet visible to humans is at or around the same frequencies. To avoid being seen you would need to alter that frequency. We see things because light reflects back into our retina and is then interpretted by the brain.

The pisstake bit:
Beaming about in space.......where does the power come from to materialise in the middle of nowhere? To send power it needs a sender unit and a receiver unit.
You cant send electrity for example from A to nothing, there has to be a B.
Nuclear energy they use the heat from the reactor to boil water so in fact they are just steam powered.
You cant put energy into something without that something have a way to receive the energy. So you cant use energy to put you atom by atom into a place with no receiver.

Stand to reason I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:29 pm 
Underworld Minion

I asked cos I didnt know - simple!!!!!!

And as it was a bit of both then that explains why I ws confused heheheeh!!!

The frequency thing always interests me,is it a case of the brain interpreting a frequency which it doesnt physically have the ability to process.....or once we become conciously aware of things do we then becoem able to 'interpret' these frequencies ,and could a brain test/function scan thing show this I wonder....???
Just thinking out loud,not saying eiter is true or possible or impossible, just wondering!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

aliens could excist as anything, we could pass them in the street, or veiw them as we do the paranormal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 pm 
Underworld Minion

or not be physically/conciously 'able' to 'compute' them ,cos they are fuck all like the media (and everything else) would have us believe hehehe!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

dont read the media ,, all bloody lies and fantasy :roll: