It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Post subject: Should UFO's be classed as paranormal?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:12 pm 
The Ferryman

It was mentioned in another thread that UFOs shouldn't really be classed as paranormal as they are just the product of people who live on other planets. What does everyone else think?

I personally think that they should be classed as paranormal until we know what they definitely are. As well as the ET and the military craft hypothesis, there are other theories about them being visitors from other dimensions (or even our own future). Others that believe them to be 'Sky Beasts' rather than machines. No matter what they are, I think they definitely fall into the paranormal category.

I would also say the same thing about Cryptozoology. Even though what you are dealing with may be nothing more than a new species of animal or a misplaced big cat, there are other theories that some cryptids may be more supernatural in origin.

Post subject: Re: Should UFO's be classed as paranormal?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm 
The Ferryman

Until something moves from the "fantastical" to the "mainstream" then to me it falls under the category of Paranormal .. doesn't matter if its UFOs, Big Foot, Nessie, Ghosts, Fairies or Boro winning the Premier League .. until there is proof of it, it will be in the realms of paranormal - beyond what we consider normal.

Despite there being a very high degree of probability that life exists somewhere out in the universe - until it becomes accepted and we can wave at the visitors from Planet Zob without fear of ridicule as they pass over in the spaceships - then, to me, it falls into the paranormal. The paranormal isn't just the domain of ghosts ..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:29 am 
Underworld Minion

what context was that mentioned in...and which thread?

What is it with all this 'paranormal' stuff and what is and what isnt???
seems to me the interpretation of 'paranormal' varies from person to person.
I'm starting to hate the term hehehehehe!!!

''Just the product of people who live on other planets''....are you having a laugh hehehehehe who said that corker hehehehehe,surely it was meant it jest hehehehehe!!!A top way of putting it hehehehehe!!!

Personally I'm not into the UFO stuff in the usual way (flying saucers,little green men etc)but the stuff about other dimensions,is it people from the future or the past...are these the 'gods' that shaped the human word.....links to 'external' control.....time lines and the games those people/whatever who are pulling strings people are not aware of etc and the things that will be hitting the 'normal' world soon I find very interesting.
We've been spoon fed stuff for a while now and its gettting bigger and bigger....wonder why eh...????
Is the past shaped by the future eh...very interesting.....
Are not the sea or rivers a completly alien environment to us land creatures anyway..but the study of this and the new creatures they find in there is totally acceptable cos its apparently done all the time and we are familliar with it etc.....

and actually what is space...I've not been beyond the sky,have other people.....who's to say its anything like what we are told.
The answers to me beyond this 3d stuff and that links all alien/ghost stuff together so whats the problem???
Nearest I've got to the deep sea too is poking bout in redcar rock pools hehehehe.......

people now will be so used to 'aliens' that when they do 'arrive' they'll lap it all up...buying shares on mars,the moon...trips to space...not saying noe of this aint viable but this stuff is huge money now hehehehehe,anything to do with aliens,space travel.....

and the military are nothing like what people think either...I heard the British army is mostly privatley owned anyway......

its all linked and connected to 'ghosts' anyway...whose to say that 'spirit' are not in fact something else 'pretending' to be spirit....very easy to do I should imagine..and especially easy the way people seem willing to accept and message from 'spirit' and act on it.....
with the stuff like reiki etc getting very mainstream and acceptable I also wonder if people know exactly what they are opening up to (not saying its dodgy but it does make me wonder....)
What if its just another layer of control/manipulation/confusion masquerading as stuff people will want to hear/see etc to keep people from the truth,whatever the hell that is etc....
and if there are several groups of et pulling the strings then why shouldnt we know about it if thats the case,and at least talk and discuss stuff on here....
same with the cryptology too...might not be my favourite subject but its all linked to the same stuff to me...all related anyway!!!
aliens...ghosts...energy....spirit.....mad animals and beings.....all the same stuff so whats the problem???

And people test on animals and people test on people.......
alien abduction or government abduction....is it maybe one and the same thing depending on what the view of 'government' is anyway.....
I oppose all forms of this shit...but if people think its ok to do it to animals then they gotta think its ok to do it to people then too......
if we can grab animals outta there environment,fuck about with em and then monitor them and experinment on them then why not people...?
And also why would an 'external' race also not do this to us.....
all fuckin speciesism innit!!!!

Get it talked about,them that arent interested dont have to join in.....

It is linked to 'ghosts' if thats peoples problems with it...just open the mind a bit more to the 'limitations' of 'ghost' and 'alien' people seem to have and see the 'potential' connection......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:37 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

alien beings or et's have to be paranormal as i dont no what or who they are ,,, what lifeforms or where they are from.same as the ocean, the universe space,there are a chosen few that would write theories on such topics but do they really no what the hell they are talking about. its so grafic that it would take thousents of years just to touch the edge of it..... same goes for ghosts...energy we all no that it excists, but from where ?and who really cares ,,,,until it can really be explained and not by a couple of wise men or woman,, then i guess we will never no.but i do belive there are millions of lifeforms all around us, and are and have been living with us on a daily basis. just some have seen the ETforms , and some of the ghostly kind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am 
Underworld Minion

top post Pam well said!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:08 pm 
The Ferryman

The question arose when I mentioned about including a little section on the main webby involving news stories from other areas of the paranormal .. ufos, cyrptozoology etc etc and Lee mentioned the " .. product of people who live on other planets .. " so not really paranormal (correct me if that wasn't your meaning Lee!)

I often say tho - getting to Claires post - that the "lie is different on every level" - and thats in all aspects of life not just with the paranormal.

So .. us, the people, at the bottom of the pile will get told one thing .. local politicians will get told another thing .. national politicians something different .. inner levels of government something else altogether .. "secret" departments within the military / intelligence another lie .. the people at the top of these "secret" departments maybe something closer to the truth .. unknown individuals outside what we would call "normal" everyday things we could accept are maybe the closest to the truth of all.

Its why in someways I get so frustrated with the " .. i need scientific proof .. " group and why I go on so much about the application of science in the paranormal field. Yes, we'd love proof of this, that or the other .. but realistically, we're not going to get it in the correct definition of the word ... and the government / intelligence agencies aren't going to offer it until its in their interests to reveal what they know. So, what we are left with in a lot of cases is witness testimony and personal experience. So as investigators of the paranormal - we need to adapt and develop what we do and to step outside the box to find the answers we need .. Yes, still use science but accept its not the only route.

No individual - unless he or she is at the very top of the tree - is ever going to have all the answers. Hell, I would suggest the most public investigator of the paranormal would only know a fraction of what there is to know and the may think that ABC is the final definitive answer but someone somewhere knows about XYZ but isn't telling.