It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:49 am

Post subject: medium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hello to all you sceptics out there ;) I would really love to hear your thoughts about this message I got yesturday (a medium who does not know me, and I might of seen her twice on rostrum.)

Firstly she said that she see's a grandad figure behind me which is placing his hand on my shoulder and said he is waiting to work alongside me.. She then said that like himself I was being stubborn about something at the moment.. she also seen a lady beside him that gave me a ring before she past to spirit and it no longer fits.. she said I must of changed the ring on my finger to another which was also from her.. She then spoke my name which I had to say 'yes, thats me.' She picked up on June month for celebration..She also said that there where orbs around the house which I have seen, in particular around the landing.. the grandparents trying to show that they are around.. She also mentioned about a new kitten in the family and the kitten will be destroying her curtains soon.. she then went onto my step mother and said I was sending healing thoughts to her.

Now she was correct about my Grandad as I know he is my spirit guide and I know he is always awaiting to help.. my nana did give me a ring that didn't fit too well so I have replaced it with a ring she got me many years ago for a birthday.. She got my name perfectly correct, June has 2 birthdays in it, I have noticed many orbs around the house, which (you all say is dust).. the new kitten is with my sister and I will make her aware of the curtains, thats if it hasn't happened already.. Now as this medium does not know me, how did she know I was a healer and sending healing thoughts to people around me??

Your thoughts please ;)

been contacting spirit since 2006

Post subject: Re: medium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:05 pm 
The Ferryman

First of all can I say that what the medium said to you may indeed be true and I really hope it is. She seemed to get lots of 'hits', even if some were a bit vague such as a grandad 'Figure' in spirit. I would like to know if this is the complete reading or if there were any 'misses'?

Putting my sceptical head on for a minute (do I have any other kind?), I must say I would be more impressed if the medium had never met you at all. I know you said you'd didn't know her, but I'm guessing you got the reading at your usual spiritualist church where lots of people know you and where this medium has worked a couple of times before. I'm not saying that she did do any 'hot reading', but people could argue that the opportunity was there to obtain your name and other info such as you being a healer.

As for the 'orbs' you know my thoughts but I'm looking forward to doing those experiments with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:18 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

The only miss she did get was when she was talking about a Phillip or surname of Phillips, but when I could not take this name, she went over to my step mother, now at the moment my step mother is still questioning this name, so will see her next week to see if she founf out about this Phillip / Phillips..... I do not know the medium and she does not know me, as I say it was probably the second time I have seen her within 12 months... I guess I do have my picture on their billboard of 'our healers' so yea I guess you could be right with maybe walking past and looking at the board, but the pics are all in very dark black and white.. How did she know about this new kitten in the family, as I aint told no one from the church about this, and when I hear a message given to me I do not feed the medium, I make them work for information, I will just say yes or no.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

This medium also got 3 people crying last night due to her acuracy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:33 pm 
The Ferryman

Well I'm glad you accept that it is 'possible' that she saw your photo on the 'healers board'.

It would be easy for an unscrupulous person to easily do some research which is why I'd personally throw a lot of it out just in case. It's good that you want them to work hard and not give them any clues though as too often this is the case. I can understand people wanting a message from a dead loved one, but I would want to be as sure as I can that it did indeed come from spirit, which is why they would have to 'wow' me.

The kitten is interesting, but maybe she didn't really know about the cat at all? It could have gone the same way as 'Phillip or Phillips' when you didn't take it and she could have moved on to another topic or she could have told you to look out for 'someone getting a kitten in the near future'.

Again it boils down to 'faith 'rather than 'proof', which is all well and good if people are getting positive things from it. I'm not anti-faith of any kind and I'm a pretty spiritual person myself, but for me 'proof' is something totally different.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

so hows about attending a sunday service or even an open circle on the first thursday of each month. Not trying to get you into a church or anything, but it is always an open door for anyone to enter ;) even for a taster one day

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

I am a firm beleiver in when we repeat these things, we leave out bit that dont fit add to it to make others fit. If you had a digital recording of the reading, I bet it would be a lot different to your recollection.

I've fell for this myself and I know we all want to beleive we get messages.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 am 
The Ferryman

Thanks for the offer Angie, but out of respect for the church I wouldn't really want to get into a heated debate about the subject which is what I fear may happen.

I have been to the Spiritualist Church in the past and I've also visited a medium for a reading, and while I found both incidents an interesting experience, it didn't do anything to alter my views I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 am 
Someone Strange

thats one thing ive never been a believer of is the spiritual side of things, nothing againsed any mediums as most i have met have been good people, just something dosent quite click when it comes to stuff like that

1 thing i noticed before thats always puzzled me is if a person can talk to ghosties, then why does no one still know what is after death?? where do we go what happens etc.

also another thing we had a couple of mediums before at one of our events and both accounts where completly different, not one of them had a single peice of info that was the same. i would of thought they would at least of picked up the same stuff as they were in the same building.

loads of questions but will never get an answer that satisfies me.

again sorry mediums wasnt a dig at anyone just my beliefs :)

http://www.somethingparanormal.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Carnt take recording equipment unfortunatly Anth..

I understand you do not wish to go to spiritual churches Dok.

Ian, what I believe and have discussed before with higher mediums then me is after death, your soul/spirit will detach from the actual body and (can I say) 'fly' up to the spirit world to re join your past relatives who have long past away. Many people have said that once it is your time you see your whole life pass by, maybe it is true, I do not know. Myself, I do not believe in the heaven and hell. To me there is only living world and spirit world.