It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 am

Post subject: Ouija and Table Tipping safeguards
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 am 
The Ferryman

I've just been reading an article about things that you can try when doing ouija boards and table tipping in order to try and discover if human influence is a factor.

Ouija
Get some Play Dough and cut it to the same size as the glass or planchette that you are using and make it about 1cm thick. Place this putty on top of the glass or plancette and begin your session. If anyone exerts any pressure to the glass/planchette this should be reflected in a nice indentation in the soft putty.

Table Tipping
Cover the top of the table to be used in a sheet of greaseproof paper. This will then crinkle under the fingers of anyone who exerts any force on the table itself.

I'm not sure how these experiments will work in practice but they are well worth a try.

Post subject: Re: Ouija and Table Tipping safeguards
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:01 pm 
The Ferryman

Yep, good practical ideas .. you'd be given away all the time tho - table tipping only works when you have your hands on!! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:04 pm 
The Ferryman

I resemble that remark! :wink:

Of course they will be those that claim that there 'needs to be direct contact' for these things to work', but that of course is bollocks if what they say about dealing in 'energies' is anything to go by.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:14 pm 
The Ferryman

So its the energies pressing down on the blu-tack ..

To be honest, I still don't "get this" .. Take something like a pendulum - we've sat there and watched "obvious" fakery at times with entire arms moving to help move the pendulum .. if its obvious to 3rd party observers, how come the person holding can't "see" that their arm is moving. Likewise with Ouija's and Tables, sometimes its "obvious" that someone is exerting a little extra pressure - do THEY know they are doing it or is it purely unconscious on their part? Still one of those little questions I want to answer ..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 pm 
The Ferryman

Questions that I want answers to as well.

It is also interesting that pendulums, glass div and table tipping are also for more likely to be successful if those participating in them believe them to be proven methods of communication. I don't think we've had any movement of anything when it's just been you and me attempting it Jay?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm 
The Ferryman

The spirit energies move through us like water flows through a pipe blocked by a dead rat ..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm 
The Ferryman

In addition tho - have you and I ever sat down and took it serious?? Or, have we took the piss out of each other and what we're doing and hope that nobody is watching???

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm 
The Ferryman

Well I think we usually start off with good intentions, but I then reality sets in and we realise how silly we are being.

I guess we could therefore be accused of 'blocking' the 'energies' and if we only opened our minds that we'd get some positive results.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

you got some good tips there to catch out the fakers dok ;) and for pendulum work, i try my very best to keep my hand as still as possible, if anyone has seen my hand or arm move i would like to know as I believe spirit energy do come close.

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Whats the betting the table tipping and ouija dont work when we implement these tactics?

Sceptical moi? :mrgreen:

Angie, no mater how still you think you keep your arm, on a pendulum it only needs tiny movement to make the pendulum move, it amplified by the chain or string whatever is used.
I know NGI were going to try using a setup with no human contact, I would guess the results were no movement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:19 pm 
The Ferryman

I remember a couple of years back demonstrating how easy it is to get a pendulum swinging without any movement of my arm or hand .. just ever so gently squeezing the chain where my fingers held it. Once I got into the rhythm and got close to resonance, it was circling like the blades of a helicopter. They were still convinced it was the "gent" stood behind me despite me telling them that I was deliberately doing it.

And that's the thing with most of these things - physics and biology coming together to produce results. In the above example, to quote Wiki :

Quote:
In physics, resonance is the tendency of a system to oscillate at a greater amplitude at some frequencies than at others. These are known as the system's resonant frequencies (or resonance frequencies). At these frequencies, even small periodic driving forces can produce large amplitude oscillations, because the system stores vibrational energy.

My emphasis - and hence why I could get it swinging like a demented dervish.

A similar principle applies with the Ouija .. as soon as it moves (by accident or design), the momentum becomes "normal" in the confines of the experiment and nobody believes they are applying any force to continue the movement, but the are - very slightly - its just become normalised.

Think of a stationary car, its a tough old heavy thing to push and get moving, but once the wheels are turning very little extra energy is needed to maintain its momentum (all that's needed is to replace the energy lost due to friction) - whereas, to get it started to move, a whole load of force & energy need to be put into the car.

At planchette levels, the force needed to start it moving and maintain its momentum is minuscule by comparison, and on the most part, unnoticeable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:59 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I do have a little stand which would work perfectly without no hands on it ;) if or when we do another investigation, maybe we could try it out and see :)

been contacting spirit since 2006