It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:45 am

Post subject: New locations
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 am 
The Ferryman

Is it just me or are there quite a few new locations springing up in recent years that have become 'haunted hotspots' where there has been no real reported paranormal activity over the decades before? That doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't in fact haunted of course but it does raise a few questions.

NGI investigated a public house (that will remain nameless) a few years ago. After much research we managed to turn up nothing with regards to the place being haunted. The place had just come under new management and the new landlord just seemed to have a 'feeling' about the place. As far as we could find out the place had not been investigated before either. The night we spent there proved uneventful and we left thinking that that would be that.

Fast forward a year, and the place is being billed as having the ghost of an old prostitute in the front bar; ghostly children playing by the fire; a tall, gaunt man in the back room and two female ghosts, one on the first floor called Alice and one in the flat called Mary. They hold ghost dinners and are on an 'official ghost tour'.

Ah well... maybe we just had an off night or the activity really got started after we left.

Personally I think that all these 'stories' are either blatant lies or the product of an over enthusiastic medium who may have visited the place in recent times. Either way there is clearly money to be made.

Post subject: Re: New locations
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 am 
The Ferryman

Ahh .. that old place, huh? :D

An argument could be made that ALL "haunted" locations start the same way. As soon as one person reports a ghostly experience .. then everybody does.

It reminds me .. I've been planning a "study" into something like this. I'll mention it sometime when I get my head round just how unbelieveably difficult and impossible it will be .. :P

Post subject: Re: New locations
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am 
The Ferryman

I suppose it could, but there was a time when a place having a haunted reputation would prove to be a stigma. Nowadays there a lot more benefits to a public place having a haunted reputation.