It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Post subject: Proving stuff.
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm 
The Ferryman

Why is it often assumed (mostly by Skeptics), that Paranormal Groups are out to prove the existence of the paranormal to the scientific community? Lets face it, this is not going to happen anyway, even with the best 'evidence'. I think this is one of the main reasons why groups come under attack for not sticking to established scientific principles and venturing into pseudo science.

The truth of the matter is that we all come into this with different aims. Personally I'm in it for a personal journey. I want to see 'proof' of the paranormal that will be acceptable to me, not necessarily proof to academia. I think everyone level of 'proof' is different, but at least there are teams out there who are actually getting out there, looking for answers and debating among themselves. This has got to be a good thing.

Post subject: Re: Proving stuff.
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:14 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm certainly not involved to either prove or disprove the paranormal to anyone. To me, its a journey of discovery - both in the field and within yourself. Yes, I'll tell stories of "spooky" incidences I've experienced in my time but I don't finish it with "and that means it was/wasn't a ... GHOST! .. "

If theres weird shit going on in the world, I want to experience it for myself and then determine whether its a "ghost" or not a "ghost" for my own sakes - don't care whether you or anyone has the same opinion or not.

I asked a friend who has an interest in UFOs a few years back that if he was driving down a country lane and spotted a landed UFO with a few alien dudes outside off to his right, what would he do. His answer was to pull up the car, hide in some bushes and watch what they were upto. I said what if it was dark and you couldn't make things out - they could be humans in an experimental craft .. hhhhmmm

He asked me the same question back : I said I'd slam the brakes on, out the car, over the wall, walk over to them and say "Hi - take me to your leader" - he looked at me with eyes wide open. What if they stick a probe up your arse? .. well, at least I'd have an answer to whether aliens were visiting Earth or not. And walk like John Wayne for the rest of my life.

And thats why I do this - for answers .. for myself and no-one else.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:17 pm 
The Ferryman

Pretty much sums me up too. I just love the fact that I'm making your write long posts again like the old days. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

What you want Mark is spirit to come over and slap you in the face saying 'hello we do exsist, see'.....

Yes everyone has their own opinions and beliefs in the supernatural and I for one respect that (we carn't all be the same or the world would be boring lol.)

I like to get solid proof myself. I seen not so long ago a video of a glass moving on its own with nobody's finger on it. I would love to witness that and make sure there is no water underneath or something. Solid proof I was very surprised with was the first ghost hunt I ever did in the Golden Fleece with Richard Felix, the table moved and went onto two legs and walked like a normal human. Now that was impressive, surley the group couldn't of hoaxed that they way it moved from one side of the room to the other on two legs.

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:54 pm 
The Ferryman

doktor_phibes wrote:
Pretty much sums me up too. I just love the fact that I'm making your write long posts again like the old days. :wink:

Bored .... :D .. plus, I think my TV Career is over after last weeks performance!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:25 am 
Someone Strange

doktor_phibes wrote:
Why is it often assumed (mostly by Skeptics), that Paranormal Groups are out to prove the existence of the paranormal to the scientific community?

Because when they can't come up with actual evidence that ghosts and such don't exist then they usually make something up.

I do it for myself too because it's so interesting. I'm not going to bother any scientists with it because they probably have better things to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 am 
The Ferryman

I'll jump in for Mark here if no-one minds!!

AprilButterfly wrote:
What you want Mark is spirit to come over and slap you in the face saying 'hello we do exsist, see'.....

Why Not? On another thread he mentioned "taps and clicks". I've heard a million of them in my time if I've heard one. They mean nothing now. A raise of an eyebrow at best. I'm not sensitive to the spirit world and so don't get anything down that line of investigation other than what others get and say - but when others do say something, I don't know if its real, genuine, imagination or an outright fabrication.

So if taps and clicks aren't enough anymore, slight breezes are interesting within the right context but still open to be explained away and what others say is worth listening to but not proof in and of itself - whats left for me?

Over the years I've experienced "big stuff" - things thrown around, "dancing" wardrobes, being pushed and pulled and seeing 2.5 ghosts - stuff that isn't readily explainable and stuff that shows that if spirit is responsible for it then it shows that spirit can do these things .... so, I say to them, do it. Yeah yeah, you can tap and click, nice one - but been there, got the t-shirt - soooooooooo last year - now, throw that chair at the wall instead .. do that, and you've got my attention ..

Is that really too much to ask? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
Is that really too much to ask? :lol:

No, but I cant see it happening.

Its like at the forum, i was provoking the "bad" ghost to embarras me in front of people, to scratch me, I asked "him" to target me, to follow me. Make me look like a fool to try and scare me.

Other people were scratched, absolutely nothing happened to me all night.
Still to this day, nothing has happened.

I dont do protection, as I dont believe in religion. So theres nothing to protect me from "evil".
I dont ask for protection from oujia, i dont want protecting I want to experience the worst they can throw at me.
And if the worst they can do is make random clicking noises then frankly they are pathetic.....and I will tell them that.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:37 am 
The Ferryman

Hah .. I wouldn't go as far as saying they are "pathetic" for not doing stuff - but I get your jist!

I view it this way .. its about 2 way respect.

If a ghost has been holed up in a ruined castle for 400 years, kicking his heels, bored, wistfully looking over the battlements for some company - and I turn up wanting to "talk" and to hear the story why he's there - spending my precious time in physical life taking an interest in this guy - then out of respect - give me a little more than a click in the corner. Come on!!! You've been stuck here for 400 years by yourself, give me something more than that!

I don't want to waste my time chatting to a dripping tap (which I've done for 30 minutes before!!) thinking it was a spirit trying to communicate. Lets just do away with all that and throw a chair at the wall - no ifs and buts, no is it or isn't its. Pick the chair up, throw it at the wall - job done - then we can get onto the important stuff. Stop messing about and throw the freaking chair!!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:40 am 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:
No, but I cant see it happening.

I would say unlikely, but it HAS happened and Will happen again. My inexplicable phenomena happened before my NGI days so I'm hoping I'm due for another one soon.