Post subject: DMT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:27 pm 
Underworld Minion

DMT.

http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

Post subject: Re: DMT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm not really that aware of DMT so it looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of reading. In a nutshell though if I understand it correctly, then the chemical is present in small amounts in the human body but not enough to produce visual hallucinations at most times. However, under certain conditions, such as a near death experience more of this chemical is alleged to be released by the brain and can cause what we commonly term a 'near death experience'.

So basically, there is a theory that DMT could be used as a tool to enhance communication with 'spirit entities', rather than it just being an hallucigen. Am I barking up the right tree here?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:36 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

From what i've heard and read on the subject it is released from the pineal gland when your going to sleep, i think its a combination of DMT and Melatonin that put you in the right frame of mind to dream ect, i have also read something about DMT being linked to the 3rd eye Chakra.

You can also get DMT in different species of plants the most famous being the ayahuasca plant native to the Amazon rainforest, and it is used in ceromonies by tribes to contact spirits, beings, and also to enlighten ones self :mrgreen:

I would love to try ayahuasca sounds like a really intense experience and from what i've seen and read on the subject can be very life altering indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 am 
Part-Time Investigator

Heres another link about DMT it is the same bloke who is behind the documentary in Claires link.

http://www.rickstrassman.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:08 pm 
Underworld Minion

nice 1 Blackster, his webby has some very interesting stuff!
Heres some things with him talking bout it:
The interviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbNn9A9KXU
The documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLGJJhm ... re=related
Joe Rogan talking about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cD ... re=related
Alex Jones interview with Joe Rogan (DMT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5S9mrE ... re=related
Also interesting what Hancock hypothesizes about it too.

Mark, seems to be used to enhance spirit communication but this could be part of the social/cultural structure, and I'd guess would be more used to reinforce this for manipulative purposes,although maybe it does help 'spirit communication' in the strict spiritual sense....maybe it is the gateway to other worlds.........maybe its just us exploring other aspects of our conciousness we normally wouldnt..fuck knows!Thats the big question innit!!!!!!!!
We all have it in us apparently, so we can all access this and experience this (hence the 'traditional' rituals and exercises etc from all societies and cultures and schools of thought etc)
maybe certain places (like reputedly haunted ones,linked with legends,fairies, ufos, aliens etc etc etc) all somehow stimulate this slightly and give us these experiences........add into the mix our genetic memory, cultural influences, collective conciousness/morphic fields etc etc etc blah di blah di blah and what do we have...........fuck knows hehehehehe but maybe an 'arrow' to follow!

Human beings have known of the psychedelic effects of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) millennia before the discovery of the molecule itself. The indigenous people of South and Central America have created various DMT containing snuffs and mixtures, and the more notable ayahuasca brew (Strassman 33). Ayahuasca combines a DMT containing plant with an enzyme inhibitor which allows the DMT to be taken orally. In contemporary Western culture, extracted crystalline DMT is smoked for a short mystical trip through the veil of time and space.

DMT is no rarity of nature. In fact, it has been found in the bodies of all mammals in which scientists have searched for its presence. DMT is present in an enormous number of plants from every ecosystem. DMT has been found in human urine and blood, and many speculate, based on precursors and enzymes among other reasons, that DMT has an endogenous connection with the brains pineal gland. (Strassman 38)

The pineal gland, or third eye, is an unpaired brain organ shaped like a pine cone. Its location is the direct center of the brain, right above the brow center. The spiritual significance of the pineal gland spans throughout world religious tradition, as illustrated in David Wilcock’s ‘The 2012 Enigma’ documentary. As Wilcock points out, even today people of the Hindu faith wear the pottu on their forehead, indicating the pineal gland.

Many speculate the pineal is allowed to excrete DMT based on the theory of resonance. Just as certain sound frequencies can shatter glass, certain “‘sacred’ words, chants, visual images and mental exercise” can generate specific fields, causing the brain to vibrate and pulse at certain frequencies (Strassman 76). The change of consciousness is best illustrated by the “receiver of reality” brain model. Working with this model, Strassman compares the brain to a TV receiver, which can turn to different channels of consciousness, such as those induced by DMT (Strassman 311).

The effects of consumed DMT are remarkable. Joe Rogan articulates a typical DMT experience: “Literally, you are transported into another fucking dimension. I don’t mean like you feel you’re in another dimension, you’re in another dimension. There’s fucking complex geometric patterns moving in synchronies order through the air all around you in three dimensional space. It’s like they’re arteries, but there isn’t blood pumping through them, there’s light, pulsating light with no boundaries. And there’s an alien communicating with me who looks sort of like a Tai Buddha, except he’s entirely made of energy and there’s no outline to him. He’s concentrating and telling me not to give into astonishment, relax and try and experience this.” After inducing and recording 60 clinical DMT sessions, Dr. Rick Strassman breaks the experiences into 3 different, yet overlapping categories. Joe Rogan’s would be considered an “invisible world” session, where users report “freestanding autonomous realities” coexisting with our own, often inhabited by aware and interactive alien beings. “Personal” sessions were psychologically oriented and “yield deeper awareness and acceptance of personal issues.” Lastly are the “transpersonal” sessions, including mystical and near death experiences, which go “beyond the individual’s historical life experience.” (Strassman 55)

Author Graham Hancock hypothesizes that the discovery of psychoactive substances by human beings some 40,000 years ago would have “exploded like incendiary bombs in the dull, somnolent, utilitarian minds of the anatomically modern but behaviorally archaic humans… demolishing rigid mental structures… jumpstarting the intellectual and cultural evolution of our species” (228). Hancock also notes the statistical evidence that a small percentage, 1-2% of the human population, has the ability to spontaneous fall into trance and mystical states without the aid of “psychoactive plants or the physical methods of trance induction such as rhythmic dancing or drumming” (229). The weight of such experiences would have had little influence on society, just as their medieval and modern counterparts did, fairies and alien abduction phenomenon respectively (Hancock 229). Ergo, although some humans were having such experiences for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years, it wasn’t until these experiences went mainstream in the form of ingested and smoked plants that the profound shift in consciousness occurred. It is important to note that these mystical states of consciousness can be achieved by anyone entirely without the aid of psychedelics, through meditation, trance, and other means such as shamanic ecstasy.

Psychedelic substances are among the most natural substances on earth, nearly molecularly identical to our brains natural neural transmitters, and in the case of DMT – endogenous to the human body. Yet, governments around the world criminalize and run propaganda campaigns against these substances, placing shackles on the human mind. Isn’t the exploration of one’s own consciousness an inalienable human right? I believe the study of DMT and other psychedelics will lead to many answers regarding human evolution, consciousness, and life itself. To quote Joe Rogan once more, “Life is a massive fucking mystery, and there’s really only a few different ways to crack below the surface of that mystery, and the best way is psychedelics.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 pm 
Underworld Minion

Not sure if you have sound or not Mark so heres a link you can read if you cant hear the others:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Aliens--Pineal-Glands--and-DMT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am 
A very similar substnace can be isolated from phallaris grass here in the UK.

DMT in it's pure form is illegal over here but ayahuasca is not. I've brwed it several times and can wholly recommend it. It's very 'cleansing' in both a literal and spiritual sense.

http://www.erowid.org provides a wealth of information on it if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:29 am 
Underworld Minion

Oooooh excellent Scubbins, damn right we're interested!Just had a quick look at the site will have a better look later today.
Hey, stick the kettle on, I'm popping round hehehehehe!

Why would you reccommend it?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:52 am 
Underworld Minion

anyone else taken DMT deliberatly......if so for what reasons and what was your experience like?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am 
Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask that question? DMT in it's pure extracted form is a class A substance...though extraction is rather straightforward.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am 
Offering a more constructive response: if you're interested in accounts of DMT use then you can do muhc worse than consulting the 'experiences' page @ http://www.erowid.org.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm 
Underworld Minion

Thanks Scubbins!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:34 pm 
Professional Investigator

The DJ friend that I wrote about in my blog on sleep paralysis was telling me that him and some friends have been smoking DMT to get spiritual experiences. And he wonders why he's got narcoplexy and cataplexy.

Where the hell would you get that stuff from?

It doesn't seem like a good idea to me... wasn't this the stuff that Hunter S.Thompson was necking in Fear and Loathing... I think he said could cause a brain aneurism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 pm 
Professional Investigator

Oh no Thompson was using pure adrenalin extracted from a childs adrenal gland... Dr. Gonzo claims to have got it from a satanist and peodophile that he had been defending in court. Typical bull shit from the king of gonzo journalism.

If you have no idea what I'm taliking about you need to read Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:31 am 
Underworld Minion

perfectly safe from what i gather john!and have a look at some of the links above as to why yoyu'd want to take it hehehe!they do call it the spirit molecule!