It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Post subject: Re: Explanations please?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm 
The Ferryman

I misplace things all the time too, but I don't think this is the same thing. I didn't just 'think' that the book wasn't on the desk. We had both purposefully cleared it.

Likewise it would have been impossible to have closed the curtains by accident.

I am not putting this forward as proof of the paranormal. I am just being honest about what happened and am interested in peoples theories on the events.

I'd be interested in other peoples thoughts too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 pm 
Underworld Minion

aint ours good 'nuff for ya Mark hehehe!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm 
The Ferryman

As I haven't a clue what we're dealing with, everyones opinions are as valid as the next. I just want to try and understand it in my own mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:05 pm 
Underworld Minion

fuck off ...mine are the best!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:
I always put my car kesy on the window sill at the fornt door.
Last night they were not there.

paranormal? Evidence of somehting strange happening?

No last night i left them in my pocket, why? I dont fucking know, I just did. First time I recall in two years that I have done this. So was it significant event that i forgot last night? No Its not giving any evidence of anything weird happening, out of character yes, but thats not a significant event really is it?

That's a completely different thing Anth .. that's something (not) happening through inaction (not putting the keys on the windowsill) .. whereas with Marks scenario its something happening through action (deliberately closing curtains he doesn't normally close). Forgetting to do something is a completely different mindset to deliberately doing something and forgetting you've done it.

And nobody is having a go! Don't go all Andrea on us! :mrgreen: Its trying to understand the thought processes involved in the reasoning ... if we sit and question every paranormal explanation for an event then we quite rightly have to question every rational explanation too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:43 pm 
The Ferryman

It is quite a hard thing to ask someone to believe someone else's testimony as to how something really happened. I mean why should anyone take another persons word for it?

It's much easier to give an explanation such as 'you must have done it and forgot'. I'm guilty of thinking that about stories I've been told too, and in most cases I bet it's correct.

But what if that person has taken everything that has been said into account and still can't come up with a valid reason for the strange events. It must be very frustrating for them to hear 'explanations' from others that they know are extremely unlikely. If they try to argue their point they often seem as if they are arguing on behalf of the existence of 'ghosts' or that they are worried that their own little piece of paranormal evidence may not be a great as they had originally believed.

I really value your opinion Anth and you make very good points, it's just I find it hard to agree with them with regard to my own case, maybe because I'm too close to it, I dunno. But I really do feel that it is possible for people who experience weirdness to fully analyse what happened to them just as thoroughly as anyone else. They are not all gullible, deluded, uneducated or crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

well its daily occrance with me mark,,, so you no how i feel now :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 am 
The Ferryman

If you do indeed speak to spirits Pam (and I have no evidence to say you can't), then I really sympathise with you. To be constantly ignored/put down for something that you KNOW you can do must be really frustrating.

I think the main problem for many people is that they want 'mediums' to produce consistent accurate date to substantiate their claims, which let's be honest rarely happens. Many people who don't really buy into 'mediumship', often seem to be ''experts' in how spirit communication takes place with sayings like 'well if he/she can sense a ghost in the corner then they SHOULD be able to tell me their name and inside leg measurement.'..... Why?

As you know, I still sit on the fence with regards to mediums, but I am of the opinion of just because a radio can pick up a transmission doesn't always mean that people can always clearly hear what is being transmitted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:34 am 
Underworld Minion

I agree with that Mark, however I also disagree.
Agreed about the 'transmission' (if thats how it works!)Obviously you can only get what you get!
Its probably indictive of 'standards'........
If people are happy getting random generic things then great (seems theres a 'market' for this kind of crap....why is beyond me but there is - fact!)
Personally I'm not.And I cant speak for Pam obviously but she doesnt seem to be a 'random generic crap' either.

I want specifics and if its not specific or at least 'useful' then it can fuck off, I dont want my time or anyone elses wasted with it.

Same with on the invos.
I dont want 'breezes', or 'knocks', or 'stone throwing' or any of that inane stuff......many people do so better for 'spirit' to go please these people because it wont do anything for me.

I've had bigger I've had better I've had specific ,correct things......so why the fuck would I want less?

And I am absolutely not a medium. Or a sensitive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am 
The Ferryman

I get what you are saying Claire and I do agree. What really bugs me is when 'mediums' claim that they have 'clear' communication with a spirit, and seem to have a two way conversation that only produces crap. That seems a very dodgy to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 am 
Underworld Minion

yes indeed.

However it seems that development groups and the spiritualist churches are now teaching people how to present what they get in ways which do not leave them as open to that kind of thing.
Simple enough, be aware of wording hehehehehe!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:59 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

well never attended or ever will go to a s church, and what i get is something which to me can sound only like someone on the other side of a wall a thick wall.but the seeing is like a reflection or a shadow? i see the outlines ,, then sometimes they fill the gaps, really does get to me at times. but its really clear. :shock: and yes mark claire it does f...k me off,that people assume im just saying it,, as you both no i have come out with many things that i have never been aware of :shock: