It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
hehehe I been called far worse hehehe but is 'skeptic' the new 'believer' and are all ghost investigators/groupds etc all following the same sort of 'patterns' and if so why do you think this is?

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Everybody believes in something .. even not-believing in something is believing the thing you'd don't believe in doesn't exist. Its a belief formed from our experiences in life.

And then, some beliefs just 'catch on' and we believe in them because everybody else does .. Man Made global warming and other climate / pollution issues are beliefs which are "cool" to believe in .. The current "All Politicians Are Robbers" scandel thats currently going on is now a "cool" thing to believe despite it always being true.

Bandwagons. Its "cool" to believe in a bandwagon. Its no-longer considered "cool" to be a believer with the way science is jack-booting over every faith based belief - nor is it "cool" any longer to be a non-believer cos you're obviously a "closed minded brick" .. "so .. hey! I believe in skeptiscm! Thats Cool!!"

Just more evidence of the herd-like mentality we live by and going along with the crowd ..

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
agreed Jay.
Fuck not impressed with all this agreeing with you either.

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Its "cool" to agree with me - don't you believe so?

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:01 pm 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
hehehehehehehe in what fuckin world hehehehehehehe!!!!

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Pollen is cynical.


There ya go dear

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:44 pm 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
another fuckin 'dear'!!!!
This dont bode well...............

cyical fine but dear is scary............

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Bloody hell. I agree as well.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm 
Offline
A Ratty-Tap-Tap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 2927
Location: chester-le-street
dear claire hehehhe hows that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
ask Carol she will explain............

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline
Elite Investigator

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm
Posts: 902
well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Thats generally my issue with the sceptic .. theres very few about who will actively try and prove the theories put forwards by the believer or do experiements to try and capture / encourage paranormal activity - instead, they are just intent on wanting to disprove everything .. theres a fine line between scepticism and cynacism.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:26 pm 
Offline
Professional Investigator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Sunderland
triplow wrote:
well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?



Ok, why cant a believer totally prove to me that ghosts, haunting whatever is Real/ You cant. As i cant prove to a Believer its not. We cant make someone believe. Seeing is believing only if its not Fabricated and there is no logical reason for it..

_________________
Image
http://www.para-investigations.co.uk

The Mind is a Powerful tool


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:28 pm 
Offline
Professional Investigator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Sunderland
Jay wrote:
Thats generally my issue with the sceptic .. theres very few about who will actively try and prove the theories put forwards by the believer or do experiements to try and capture / encourage paranormal activity - instead, they are just intent on wanting to disprove everything .. theres a fine line between scepticism and cynacism.


Fair do's but that is what you Believe and wat u think, dont mean its right.
I dont believe in Hauntings or ghosts and i dont believe in so called Mediums but that is what I think dont mean im right.. Why are there so many groups and people doing Research into this Subject because no one knows the answer for sure but its cool trying to find out

_________________
Image
http://www.para-investigations.co.uk

The Mind is a Powerful tool


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 pm 
Offline
Elite Investigator

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm
Posts: 902
Andrea75 wrote:
triplow wrote:
well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?



Ok, why cant a believer totally prove to me that ghosts, haunting whatever is Real/ You cant. As i cant prove to a Believer its not. We cant make someone believe. Seeing is believing only if its not Fabricated and there is no logical reason for it..


well for a start, i can't comment on you personally because i don't know you.. but firstly i would ask you how open minded you are? i've seen and heard things - which i have some evidence to back up - but thats not to say i believe everything i'm told, what i'm trying to say is i go out and search for evidence that these things exist.. rather than sit and think to myself was the "old guy" down the street pulling my leg, that "the old church house" is haunted? ah he's full of crap!

in my opinion millions of people from different times and places have encountered "ghost" or whatever you wanna call them - can they really all be wrong?

i must ask do you go ghost hunting?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Andrea75 wrote:
I dont believe in Hauntings or ghosts and i dont believe in so called Mediums but that is what I think dont mean im right.. Why are there so many groups and people doing Research into this Subject because no one knows the answer for sure but its cool trying to find out


I know it is just your opinion, but I'm curious as to why someone would choose not to believe in the possibility Ghosts and Hauntings when there is much compelling data to suggest that there may be paranormal phenomena taking place, but so readily accept theories put forward by Scientists, which when you look at a lot of them are still really just that - theories.

I'm not saying the scientists have got it wrong, it is just that I believe they are as far away from knowing what is really going on as gypsy rose lee.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
triplow wrote:

in my opinion millions of people from different times and places have encountered "ghost" or whatever you wanna call them - can they really all be wrong?

i must ask do you go ghost hunting?


Likewise though, none beleivers could point out that Billions of people have never experienced anything paranormal.

Remember phenomena can be witnessed by all, and you will never get the same description twice. It also can be easily explained.
What we have to understand is that no matter how fantastic we find something....say the Auroras for example, to others they are simply radiation smashing into earths atmosphere. Most things can be explained and for every paranormal claim theres an explainable claim too.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 pm 
Offline
Elite Investigator

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm
Posts: 902
oh for sure anth, but i disagree that ALL phenomena can be explained. take for example evp, im sitting in a room or in a ruin and i ask a particular question and when i listen back i have answers to my questions.. what the hell is that all about mate? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
triplow wrote:
oh for sure anth, but i disagree that ALL phenomena can be explained. take for example evp, im sitting in a room or in a ruin and i ask a particular question and when i listen back i have answers to my questions.. what the hell is that all about mate? :lol:


I've yet to hear an EVP that answers the question asked. Normally its random things.

We got some good ones in para at the empire theatre in Consett, but they are not in response, its just a stray voice on a recording. In theory it could have come from anything....stray mobile phone signals, stray radio broadcast etc. Yes they are an annomoly, but we shouldnt say they are the voices of the dead.

Its like when you detune your TV and sit watching static, if your TV plays the whitenoise you get with it, sooner or later you will make out voices. Its got more to do with signals and the weather than paranormal activity.

now if someone asked, what is your name, and you got a direct response that is clear and easily made out, then I'd be more inclined to say paranormal, but as of right now, I have yet to hear an EVP like that.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm 
Offline
Elite Investigator

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm
Posts: 902
i asked a question at mitford castle - "if you want me to leave let me know that? - the response was "i want you to go" i asked for a name and to me it sounds like "david" but as you said you ain't experienced that so thats fair enough.. i hope you will one day :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:56 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
I've heard some really good and clear EVP, however not being there at the time I have only the recorders word for it. The stuff I have experienced in person has been pretty vague.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:09 pm 
Offline
Elite Investigator

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm
Posts: 902
i'd say most of it is but occasionally it's pretty good.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm 
Offline
Professional Investigator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Sunderland
With a Lot of "EVPS" you hear what you wnt to hear that is why its always a good idea to follow the Class A, Class B and Class C types of EVPs.

Also when someone tells you what EVP they may have and what is says when you listen at times you also hear what they hear which has been proved and is a common problem

_________________
Image
http://www.para-investigations.co.uk

The Mind is a Powerful tool


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
What's you opinion on Class A EVP's then Andrea?

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm 
Offline
Professional Investigator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 705
Location: Sunderland
triplow wrote:
Andrea75 wrote:
triplow wrote:
well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?



Ok, why cant a believer totally prove to me that ghosts, haunting whatever is Real/ You cant. As i cant prove to a Believer its not. We cant make someone believe. Seeing is believing only if its not Fabricated and there is no logical reason for it..


well for a start, i can't comment on you personally because i don't know you.. but firstly i would ask you how open minded you are? i've seen and heard things - which i have some evidence to back up - but thats not to say i believe everything i'm told, what i'm trying to say is i go out and search for evidence that these things exist.. rather than sit and think to myself was the "old guy" down the street pulling my leg, that "the old church house" is haunted? ah he's full of crap!

in my opinion millions of people from different times and places have encountered "ghost" or whatever you wanna call them - can they really all be wrong?

i must ask do you go ghost hunting?



Yes I do "Ghost hunt" if thats what you call it lol
I have since 2004. I am open minded some say im not but to be honest I know myself if i am open minded or not. It would be great to think that out loved ones and friends who have died are looking down on us but I really cant believe that. I have lost family members whom i would love to come to me and prove they are around and they are looking over me and my sons.. I have been on many investigations and have used technical equipment mainly in para investigations as we have the equipment and still yet to be convinced there is something there. I dont have time for "So called mediums" There are too many fakes in these types of teams and proved some wrong for been so fake too! Maybe there are some out there who are for real but most are an embassment, We have a Medium in Para and he knows my views on things we are not best of mates lol but i respect his views and what he feels he can do i dont have to agree with him

_________________
Image
http://www.para-investigations.co.uk

The Mind is a Powerful tool


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC [ DST ]