It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Post subject: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm 
Underworld Minion

hehehe I been called far worse hehehe but is 'skeptic' the new 'believer' and are all ghost investigators/groupds etc all following the same sort of 'patterns' and if so why do you think this is?

Post subject: Re: call me cynical
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 pm 
The Ferryman

Everybody believes in something .. even not-believing in something is believing the thing you'd don't believe in doesn't exist. Its a belief formed from our experiences in life.

And then, some beliefs just 'catch on' and we believe in them because everybody else does .. Man Made global warming and other climate / pollution issues are beliefs which are "cool" to believe in .. The current "All Politicians Are Robbers" scandel thats currently going on is now a "cool" thing to believe despite it always being true.

Bandwagons. Its "cool" to believe in a bandwagon. Its no-longer considered "cool" to be a believer with the way science is jack-booting over every faith based belief - nor is it "cool" any longer to be a non-believer cos you're obviously a "closed minded brick" .. "so .. hey! I believe in skeptiscm! Thats Cool!!"

Just more evidence of the herd-like mentality we live by and going along with the crowd ..

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
Underworld Minion

agreed Jay.
Fuck not impressed with all this agreeing with you either.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm 
The Ferryman

Its "cool" to agree with me - don't you believe so?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:01 pm 
Underworld Minion

hehehehehehehe in what fuckin world hehehehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Pollen is cynical.

There ya go dear

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:44 pm 
Underworld Minion

another fuckin 'dear'!!!!
This dont bode well...............

cyical fine but dear is scary............

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 am 
The Ferryman

Bloody hell. I agree as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

dear claire hehehhe hows that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 am 
Underworld Minion

ask Carol she will explain............

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:52 pm 
Elite Investigator

well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm 
The Ferryman

Thats generally my issue with the sceptic .. theres very few about who will actively try and prove the theories put forwards by the believer or do experiements to try and capture / encourage paranormal activity - instead, they are just intent on wanting to disprove everything .. theres a fine line between scepticism and cynacism.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:26 pm 
Professional Investigator

triplow wrote:
well it's true, i can understand people who have seen "things" believe, but i have more respect for people who haven't seen stuff and are open to the idea. we'll always be fighting a loosing battle it's too easy to shoot stuff down for the skeptic, as we all well know!! the key is if they got off their arses and tried to prove, instead of disproving evidence, then we may finally start finding some answers (or not) :?

Ok, why cant a believer totally prove to me that ghosts, haunting whatever is Real/ You cant. As i cant prove to a Believer its not. We cant make someone believe. Seeing is believing only if its not Fabricated and there is no logical reason for it..

The Mind is a Powerful tool

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:28 pm 

Jay wrote:
Thats generally my issue with the sceptic .. theres very few about who will actively try and prove the theories put forwards by the believer or do experiements to try and capture / encourage paranormal activity - instead, they are just intent on wanting to disprove everything .. theres a fine line between scepticism and cynacism.

Fair do's but that is what you Believe and wat u think, dont mean its right.
I dont believe in Hauntings or ghosts and i dont believe in so called Mediums but that is what I think dont mean im right.. Why are there so many groups and people doing Research into this Subject because no one knows the answer for sure but its cool trying to find out

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 pm 
Elite Investigator

Andrea75 wrote:
triplow wrote:

Ok, why cant a believer totally prove to me that ghosts, haunting whatever is Real/ You cant. As i cant prove to a Believer its not. We cant make someone believe. Seeing is believing only if its not Fabricated and there is no logical reason for it..

well for a start, i can't comment on you personally because i don't know you.. but firstly i would ask you how open minded you are? i've seen and heard things - which i have some evidence to back up - but thats not to say i believe everything i'm told, what i'm trying to say is i go out and search for evidence that these things exist.. rather than sit and think to myself was the "old guy" down the street pulling my leg, that "the old church house" is haunted? ah he's full of crap!

in my opinion millions of people from different times and places have encountered "ghost" or whatever you wanna call them - can they really all be wrong?

i must ask do you go ghost hunting?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am 
The Ferryman

Andrea75 wrote:
I dont believe in Hauntings or ghosts and i dont believe in so called Mediums but that is what I think dont mean im right.. Why are there so many groups and people doing Research into this Subject because no one knows the answer for sure but its cool trying to find out

I know it is just your opinion, but I'm curious as to why someone would choose not to believe in the possibility Ghosts and Hauntings when there is much compelling data to suggest that there may be paranormal phenomena taking place, but so readily accept theories put forward by Scientists, which when you look at a lot of them are still really just that - theories.

I'm not saying the scientists have got it wrong, it is just that I believe they are as far away from knowing what is really going on as gypsy rose lee.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 am 
Site Admin

triplow wrote:

in my opinion millions of people from different times and places have encountered "ghost" or whatever you wanna call them - can they really all be wrong?

Likewise though, none beleivers could point out that Billions of people have never experienced anything paranormal.

Remember phenomena can be witnessed by all, and you will never get the same description twice. It also can be easily explained.
What we have to understand is that no matter how fantastic we find something....say the Auroras for example, to others they are simply radiation smashing into earths atmosphere. Most things can be explained and for every paranormal claim theres an explainable claim too.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 pm 
Elite Investigator

oh for sure anth, but i disagree that ALL phenomena can be explained. take for example evp, im sitting in a room or in a ruin and i ask a particular question and when i listen back i have answers to my questions.. what the hell is that all about mate? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

triplow wrote:
oh for sure anth, but i disagree that ALL phenomena can be explained. take for example evp, im sitting in a room or in a ruin and i ask a particular question and when i listen back i have answers to my questions.. what the hell is that all about mate? :lol:

I've yet to hear an EVP that answers the question asked. Normally its random things.

We got some good ones in para at the empire theatre in Consett, but they are not in response, its just a stray voice on a recording. In theory it could have come from anything....stray mobile phone signals, stray radio broadcast etc. Yes they are an annomoly, but we shouldnt say they are the voices of the dead.

Its like when you detune your TV and sit watching static, if your TV plays the whitenoise you get with it, sooner or later you will make out voices. Its got more to do with signals and the weather than paranormal activity.

now if someone asked, what is your name, and you got a direct response that is clear and easily made out, then I'd be more inclined to say paranormal, but as of right now, I have yet to hear an EVP like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm 
Elite Investigator

i asked a question at mitford castle - "if you want me to leave let me know that? - the response was "i want you to go" i asked for a name and to me it sounds like "david" but as you said you ain't experienced that so thats fair enough.. i hope you will one day :D

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:56 pm 
The Ferryman

I've heard some really good and clear EVP, however not being there at the time I have only the recorders word for it. The stuff I have experienced in person has been pretty vague.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:09 pm 
Elite Investigator

i'd say most of it is but occasionally it's pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm 

With a Lot of "EVPS" you hear what you wnt to hear that is why its always a good idea to follow the Class A, Class B and Class C types of EVPs.

Also when someone tells you what EVP they may have and what is says when you listen at times you also hear what they hear which has been proved and is a common problem

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm 
The Ferryman

What's you opinion on Class A EVP's then Andrea?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm 

triplow wrote:
Andrea75 wrote:
triplow wrote:

well for a start, i can't comment on you personally because i don't know you.. but firstly i would ask you how open minded you are? i've seen and heard things - which i have some evidence to back up - but thats not to say i believe everything i'm told, what i'm trying to say is i go out and search for evidence that these things exist.. rather than sit and think to myself was the "old guy" down the street pulling my leg, that "the old church house" is haunted? ah he's full of crap!

Yes I do "Ghost hunt" if thats what you call it lol
I have since 2004. I am open minded some say im not but to be honest I know myself if i am open minded or not. It would be great to think that out loved ones and friends who have died are looking down on us but I really cant believe that. I have lost family members whom i would love to come to me and prove they are around and they are looking over me and my sons.. I have been on many investigations and have used technical equipment mainly in para investigations as we have the equipment and still yet to be convinced there is something there. I dont have time for "So called mediums" There are too many fakes in these types of teams and proved some wrong for been so fake too! Maybe there are some out there who are for real but most are an embassment, We have a Medium in Para and he knows my views on things we are not best of mates lol but i respect his views and what he feels he can do i dont have to agree with him