It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Post subject: Protection or Not
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:18 pm 
Scaredy Cat

so guys i was wondering before i do a hunt should i get some sort of protection first and if so what ?

and should i make my house safe as i really would rather not bring something back
i am not bothered with being attacked at locations or stuff but i also don't want to get some thing attaching it self to me but at same time i don't want protected to the extent that every thing runs for the hills when i appear bit of a catch 22!!

ste

Post subject: Re: Protection or Not
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

Its personal choice mate. I dont and wont ask for protection i dont want it.....nothings going to follow you....why would it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:38 am 
The Ferryman

I'm of the same point of view as Anth. I'm not even sure that there is such as thing as spirits in the conventional sense, so until I'm certain I don't want to start imposing rules on them such as they can attach themselves to you and whatever.

After saying that, if you are the kind of person who would worry about such things by all means get protection. I won't do you any harm I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 am 
Site Admin

I suppose if you were to try and see things from a spiritual sense, then any spirit, if they exist, would be much more alarmed at you being in their space.

But from my point of view theres no evidence of spirits....only anecdotal and perhaps circumstancial evidence.

As Mark said, if you are concerned then protection would be a logical way forward, but I've never had anything follow me and I once picked a fight with an alleged poltergeist in Sunderland.....even went as far as offering for it to come and punch me and if it wanted we could "step outside" lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 pm 
Scaredy Cat

lol ok cool i wasnt going to but you so many people rabit on saying ooo u must be protected but i think i am going to role comando style lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 pm 
Elite Investigator

I think of it like this. If in life, you go into something with the right attitude and intentions, then protection is not necessary.

So following that rule, if you go into something like a paranormal investigation with the right intentions, then protection is not necessary (in my opinion).

And following on from that, if something doesn't feel right, don't do it (i.e calling out or being aggressive a la Most Haunted).

It's all just being like you would in life in my view. So if you are loud and extrovert in real life, by all means be the same on investigation. Likewise if you are quiet or more thoughtful, be that. In other words be yourself, and do what you are comfortable with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

being spiritual myself I know how to protect myself if need be. There has been a few hunts I have been to where they start off with a protection prayer or something like that, then I bump into people like Anth and Doc who don't wish to be involved in any protection prayer as they want to witness things more. I have said before in a hunt where the team did not bother with a protection prayer as it would take more time up, I have said that if anyone felt threatened I would step in... I guess same with NGI, I will not give them any protection, only if needed and they asked for it, I would back off till that may happen.

I do know of a medium who gets very upset when I intaginise spirit, she frowns up on this, but everyone is different. Like Jay has said before to me 'why greet a bad spirit, ie rapist with a handshake, he was evil on the earth plane, why great him with warm welcome on the other side' (words to affect which Jay probably correct me on.) I agree with this, if a murderer or someone like that came forward, surley yes respect that he/she came forward, but they still did bad while alive.

My friend has said that if I intaganise spirit all the time, they will find a time to get me back, in the middle of the night or something, or when I am least to expect it.

protection is good, but I will only step in if need be

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm 
The Ferryman

That was kinda spot on Angie .. I ain't going to say "please" and "thank you" to someone who doesn't deserve it if they were a baddun in life ..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 am 
Scaredy Cat

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

learn-japanese http://www.learnalanguage.com/learn-japanese/japanese-courses/index.php
learn-spanish http://www.learnalanguage.com/learn-spanish/spanish-courses/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm 
The Ferryman

Do you know when I said that you never need 'protection', well in the case of SPAMBOTS I've changed my mind ;)