It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:27 am

Post subject: Has Most Haunted run its cause?
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:26 pm 
Professional Investigator

Has the public had enough of Most haunted?
As the programme is now on Series 700 can Most Haunted provide anything that it hasn't already done so?
Do you belive in Most Haunted or think its fake?
If you could change it in anyway how would you do it?
What is the future of Ghost Hunting on TV?

Lots of questions; hopefully lots of answers.
Personally I'm bored with it, it seems to have none personalities being churned out on the team now. Whether or not Derek Acorah is genuine, the hey day for me was a large team including him, panicking in Clerkenwell Jail. Its just gone down hill since. Got to say the best part of it is Kieran O'Keefe and his cynicism but not even that can get me to tune in these days, becasue Karl and Stuart annoy me and I can't see the point of Evettes appalling hair dresser tagging along and doing jack shit... is she a care bear?

Post subject: Re: Has Most Haunted run its cause?
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:47 pm 
Underworld Minion

Not a clue,seems plenty of people like to slate it,although not sure if anyone still watches it but assuming people do.....????I dont watch it,havent for a long time (altho had a look at the pendle hill episode briefly to get a bit of history as off there soon!)
As the programme is now on Series 700 can Most Haunted provide anything that it hasn't already done so?
Nott sure what ita doing or where its going these days but if it changes things and moves on then I'd say yes (altho in 30 yers time this gunna be a top cult classic innit!)

I believe its a real tv program done for entertainment purposes,and that people will take from it whaT They want too (which sadly these days seems to be an air of superiority and to use it as a scapegoat for all things ghosthuntingly shit.).If 'incidents' are faked (and there seems to be lots of first hand 'subjective' testimonies of people who know people who work at places where MH film and witness this wickedness ((huge irony here hope its 'gotton'))),then its a shame.......but so fuckin what and why not if they are..............only the same as the news innit hehehehehehehe!!!!People would be moaning to fuck if the4y were watching a program where fuck all happened in it (which is often the case).
I'll get back to this John, not enough time to answer it properly now but I believe MH can present itself in better ways to regain its 'dignity'What is the future of Ghost Hunting on TV?
'cult classics' in 30 years time...........or when the 'kids' whos parents watch it now grow up with memories of it and rewatch it.........although that prob wont happen like it did wih our generation cos of cable and the internet etc.......
'alien hunting' is the new ghosthunting..............

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:12 am 
A Stiff

LOST INTERES SOO LONG AGO

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:41 am 
Underworld Minion

why did you lose interest abaddon?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 am 
The Ferryman

Well I stuck with Most Haunted longer than most people who are 'active' in the field, but even I have become weary of it now. Without knowing the viewing figures I'm not sure how the general public feel, but I suspect that its days are numbered. At least Derek was entertaining and O'Keefe is good.

No. With every passing series they tend to have less 'investigation', less 'what is a ghost chat', and more screaming.

When it started I really think they wanted to make a 100% genuine programme. Then I think they realised that this ghost hunting lark is boring and nothing happens for the most part. I don't think there is a huge conspiracy to deceive the public with 'trickery' but I do think that some 'natural phenomena' is hammed up a bit a portrayed as 'paranormal'. After saying that Stuart and Carl are another kettle of fish, don't even get me started on them.

Personally I would scrap it and do another show. I would personally like to see more theorising and analysis in the show, but how this would go down with the viewing public is anyone's guess.

What is the future of Ghost Hunting on TV?
I think it's going to fizzel out. Personally I would like to see more well made documentaries about the paranormal. 'Interview with a Poltergeist' and 'Ghost of the Underground' have been good ones of late. Bring back Arthur C. Clarks Mysterious World I say!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 am 
Underworld Minion

Derek was the best thing about MH,he made watching it fun,for whatever resasons!
I think it lost its appeal when it got too serious,when people started scrutinising it and ripping ever little detail to bits,as oppose to just enjoying it for the entertainment it did used to be.
Also another factor is that more people since MH have gone out and done investigations/ghost hunts themselves,on the basis of watching the program, and that gives a different perspective also.
Also seems to have followed the usual cycle of being 'loved' then 'slated'..........

What do you think O'Keefe is good at Mark?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 am 
The Ferryman

I think O'Keefe knows his stuff, looks at things in a genuinely skeptical way, instead of the usual Chris 'I don't believe a word of this but I'll say that I am willing to be convinced' French sort of way. He's quite funny too!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:28 am 
Underworld Minion

I'd go along with that Mark (about |O'Keefe),however I'm not too sure what he brings to MH the programme we watch other than a diplomatic 'academic' opinion....like to see him away from the cameras regarding stuff, in fact MH would probably make a huge recovery if it had hidden cameras 'off camera'!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 am 
The Ferryman

I agree, it seems like he's only there to make the whole thing seem more 'legit'.
I bet he provides a lot of footage that doesn't make it into the final shows.

Hidden camera Most Haunted... I like it!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:20 am 
Underworld Minion

hehehehehe yeah......HCMH,that answers botrh of Johns last 2 questions hehehehehe!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:23 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

MH lost the plot years ago. dying off ,,, but now we have a new program ghost adventures or ghost hunters taps. better than MH, who lost there credibility long ago

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:47 pm 
A Stiff

Tot agree with all the points Mark made. I used to enjoy it for the first few series, then Derek lost his credibility, Carl Beatty took it down purely an entertainment path and staffed it with his chums... oh and they then had a long list of useless mediums... the worst being Brian Shepherd and his psychic art. Please Living TV put it out of its misery....quite liked however Ian Lawmans living with the dead program. Surprising as that might seem to some of you.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:31 pm 
Underworld Minion

Not seen more than 5 mins of Living with the Dead,what do you like about it Abaddon?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 pm 
A Stiff

The fact thats it not pubs or castles or graveyard, these are real people with problems wanting help. Not entierely convinced with Ians "possession" but do like the fact that sometimes he does his thing and the family a few weeks later so it hasnt helped....so need more assistance.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:20 pm 
Underworld Minion

hmmmm........the whole 'help' thing is interesting in itself (or not,depending hehe!)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

caught a glimpse of it looks ok, and right to brian shepard was rubbish,but in my opinion, lawman is not much better :D

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am 
Professional Investigator

Claire and I were at an acting class last night that had better chanelling than I've seen on Most haunted. Basically we had to interview each other pretending to be someone that we knew. It was bit weird as some people became completely different people. It made Acroahs possession seem even weaker and this was Amdram!
I think James the tutor thought there was going to be a fight at one point as one bloke became a scally drug dealer.

Looking forward to the new Derren Brown programme.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:57 pm 
A Stiff

A drug dealer? in Boro? Surely not John! :?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

tried to relate to mh last night ,, intrest gone now, bored me stupid, still the normal screaming and lies :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm 
Underworld Minion

anyone watched anyof Karls AP's 'discussion/debate' programs on the paranormal channel?

ha,yeah John hehehehe!
Be interested to what you'd have made to the regression weekend on my course as an observer and particiant.
Ha......gotta suggestion for some improvisation thats sort of 'backwards'....but could be a very useful exercise for people,I've found it very beneficial!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:40 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i need to be regressed claire, as i have been told alsorts :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 pm 
Underworld Minion

I find regression very interesting.....doing my training completely changed my views on it........as a therapist I see the potential of it as a powerful therapeutic tool..........and also I see the potential to easily give people what they want from the experience as a party piece,which is how its often bandied about these days.

What I find interesting more than anything is that most peoples expectations of,certainly with past life regression anyway,is that they will be transported back in time and relive those experiences again,which actually isnt regression,its revivification.regression is where the person experiences it as viewed as a third party,an observer watching the experience but not actually 'reliving it',as with the revivification.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i no a bit about it claire , but never really studied it , take calum,(who im marrying) as a babya few hours old, he was left in a pram in a street in glasgow,a policeman found, handed him to hospital,shut down now.all records destroyed,left unknowly without any background to go on, mother father never found.still to this day knows nothing about himself, the policeman named him david, but that changed to calum from a nurse, it was in the papers to??? soul destoying :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 pm 
Underworld Minion

thats frightening Pam............how has he coped with it?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi claire, calum here. it has allways been at the back of my mind untill i looked into it all a year a go. my feelings towards it is strange but inquizitive about the facts and also that feeling of not beloning as in a lost soul, so realy searching for me. still after forty four years there is very little chance that i will ever find out the truth.I have i think a strange but "normal" childhood as adopted child i had that something missing as it took time to know what it was and it`s love, as i had a feeling of the love being renched from me as a very young child and again when the birth of an unexpected sister form my adoptede mother and being left aside but yet cared for love but with out the cuddles and that words from the mother somehow left a deep scar in my heart. calum :)