It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 am

Post subject: About me
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I have been interested in the paranormal for around 10 years now, basically since the passing of my dad. At the time, I was living on my own and one night I was extremely restless and could not get to sleep. I decided to get a drink of water and ventured downstairs. I had an open plan staircase to the living room and had the distinct feeling that there was someone else in the house. I looked below the ceiling level on the stairs only to see a large white flash which lasted a split second. Thinking it was a car going past the house, I looked to the front door lobby, only for the same thing to happen again within the lobby area!

Ever since then, my curiousity has pulled me deeper and deeper. My first proper ghost hunt was at The Golden Fleece at York - a present from my now wife at which I saw 2 figures and from then on I have been absolutely hooked!

I would class myself as an open minded sceptic as I've seen and heard too much just to dismiss things. I was part of a team (which is no longer around) based in Hartlepool and did enjoy the investigations but I am more of getting my hands dirty and involved in investigations rather than allowing guests to experience things for themselves. When on investigations as a guest, if there is a need for a volunteer then I'm your man! When on investigations I want to be the person who has the experiences - maybe just to pull me over the edge to confirm that there IS such a thing as a ghost.

To help me, I've bought a few toys - the obligitory K2 meter as well as a ghost voice box, which if anyone hasn't heard about them, allow us to "hear" words through white noise while scanning radio waves. I have used it recently on a ghost hunt and a member of the team was quite impressed with the results, decided to purchase one himself.

The places in the UK, that I would love to investigate include, the Hellfire caves, Edinburgh vaults, Souter lighthouse near Sunderland and I would jump at a third chance to visit the Golden Fleece again!

Post subject: Re: About me
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

hello and welcome, sounds like you have had some interesting experiences.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm 
The Ferryman

Hi Alan, glad you found us. There's tons of topics on here that you are more than welcome to dredge up and have your say about, or maybe you want to start some of your own.

We're a bit of a mixed bunch on here with regards to our beliefs, but we're all pretty friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Thanks to you both for the welcome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Alan and welcome on board. I am one of the mediums of the group, I was trained spiritually into it all and abbadon well I think he has had the gift all his life, he does not work spiritually as myself.... Golden Fleece was my very first ghost hunt too funnily enough, this was also a birthday present when the partner (completely not into this kind of thing) asked me what I wanted for my birthday in 2007 (I believe) and we where in York Golden Fleece at the time and I just gazed over to Richard Felix poster which advertised ghost hunt walk then hunt straight afterwards.... well of course I pointed to the poster and said 'thats what I want.' So bless him, my partner got the tickets and he did join me on my first hunt, meeting Richard for the first time was great and I found out he knows my step father rather well...... after that it went onto charity ghost hunts (with NGI and Butterwick) and NGI stood out from that night, I continued to go on many charity ghost hunts with NGI/Butterwick, got to know the team a little better and added Reagan to facebook, I was excited when she accepted and we went on our own lil hunts every now and then, then I got accepted with this bunch..

I do myself still go on other public hunts and write up reports on all of them, each one contains the team and their website linked to each report. I did do Souter Lighthouse with another team, if you where interested in what we caught (ie my report) here it is http://www.april-butterfly.350.com/souter.htm now I do beleive that there is an actual picture in this forum with a misty shadow which looks like a dog... NGI did get permission to copy the picture to our site and it was Something Paranormal.

Anyhow, I rabbited for so long lol, hope you enjoy your time with us and sure look forward to reading your posts :D

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Alan, here is that link to the picture of the dog

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6136

as permitted by something paranormal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi April, thanks very much for posting the links - they were quite interesting and for me, you could see a profile of a dog. It has certainly whetted the appetite for investigation there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:26 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

thats good to hear :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:57 pm 
Elite Investigator

Hi Alan, and welcome to the forums. :)